Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

388th-ranked Olivetti double-faulted twice in the ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

388th-ranked Olivetti double-faulted twice in the tie

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/19 01:29AM
Latest post: 2014/11/19 01:29AM, Views: 229, Posts: 1
388th-ranked Olivetti double-faulted twice in the tie
#1   2014/11/19 01:29AM
wff0605
PITTSBURGH -- Clint Hurdle hasnt had an at-bat in a major league game since 1987. . The Pittsburgh Pirates manager hasnt thought once about stepping back in either. Which makes Hurdle all the more in awe of Colorados Jamie Moyer. The 49-year-old Moyer is only five years younger than Hurdle, and while Hurdle hasnt played in a game in more than two decades, Moyer is still out there finding ways to get guys out. Moyer became the oldest pitcher to win a major league game after working seven solid innings in a 5-3 victory over San Diego last week. "Its a wonderful story," Hurdle said. "Its a story that only sport can come up with." Moyers chance to break his own record will have to wait a day at least. Colorados game with the Pirates on Monday night was postponed due to inclement weather. The game will be made up on Wednesday as part of a doubleheader beginning at 12:35 p.m. The Rockies havent adjusted their rotation yet, though Moyer is expected to pitch sometime during the series. The left-hander surrendered six hits in seven innings against the Padres, mixing speeds and using pinpoint control while picking up his first win in nearly two years. "Hes going to battle and hes going to compete and you need to be patient," Hurdle said. Something the Pirates have struggled to do this season. Pittsburgh is last in the majors in batting average (.202), runs (30) and next to last in home runs (seven). Yet the Pirates have managed to be a competitive 6-9 while facing the hardest opening month schedule in the National League. Hurdle expects the bats to come around eventually, though Moyers unusual stuff will present another challenge. "You need to try and beat him with singles," Hurdle said. "From my perception across the field for many, many years now. He definitely plays bigger than he is." Hurdle managed against Moyer in the 2007 National League Divisional Series when Hurdle was with Colorado and Moyer was throwing for Philadelphia. Moyer -- a few weeks short of turning 45 at the time -- allowed one run over six innings in Game 3 but took the loss as the Rockies advanced to the NLCS with a sweep. "He threw the best game of the three games we matched up with the Phillies," Hurdle said. "It was just that mindset. He sinks the ball. He changes speeds. He will pitch in. He stays out of the heart of the plate." Kevin Correia (1-0, 1.50 ERA) will start Tuesdays game for Pittsburgh. Correia skipped his scheduled start last Saturday with pain in his side. Tests came back negative and Correias improved significantly over the weekend. James McDonald (0-1, 3.45) will start Wednesdays first game for the Pirates, with Charlie Morton (0-1, 3.60) getting the nod in the second game. Colorados rotation has not been set. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Atlanta-Falcons-Paul-Soliai-Jerse... Soliai Cyber Monday Jersey . Tanakas fly to the warning track in left allowed Nobuhiro Matsuda to score from third. Toshiya Suguichi retired Taiwan in the bottom of the 10th to clinch the win. "There is nothing better than coming through for your teammates and fans when you get a chance like that," Tanaka said. . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-San-Francisco-49ers-Vance-Mcdonal... . After being eliminated by Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League semifinals, Mourinho was asked if hell return to the club next season and simply replied: "Maybe not. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseysplay.com/]cheap jerseys . Toffoli waited for Belleville netminder Malcolm Subban to make the first move and the scored the winner at 2:02 of the fourth period. "I just got a loose puck and was lucky enough to have a chance and I out waited Subban and was happy it went in," Toffoli said. . Kirk Cousins: three touchdowns, no sacks. If preseason stats could be taken at face value, one could have fun cobbling together yet another Washington Redskins quarterback controversy, this one involving a pair of rookies. MARSEILLE, France -- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Juan Martin del Potro both earned the 200th win of their careers on Friday to set up a semifinal between the two at the Open 13. The top-seeded Tsonga beat Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-4, 7-5 in the quarterfinals, while Del Potro edged Richard Gasquet 7-5, 7-6 (5). Tsonga served 14 aces and saved 10 break points in an all-French match. Tsonga dropped serve in the opening game but broke back in the sixth. He hit 18 winners to 11 for Roger-Vasselin to take the first set when his opponent netted a forehand volley. Roger-Vasselin double-faulted at 6-5 in the next set to give Tsonga two match points. Tsonga converted the first on a forehand error from Roger-Vasselin. "I didnt play better than him today," said Tsonga, the 2009 champion. "But I was stronger in my head in the key moments." Del Potro served 15 aces in a tight match that saw him win just one more point than Gasquet -- 78 to 77. The fourth-seeded Argentine led 3-1 in the last set but Gasquet, a former top-10 player, broke back in the eighth game. Del Potro then saved a set point at 6-5 to force a tiebreaker before clinching victory with a diving backhand volley. "It was really close," Del Potro said. "For a 250 tournament, its not like a quarterfinal. This match could be a semi or a final, for sure. Now I will play Tsonga and its still semifinals. You can see how tough is this tournament." The 2009 U.S. Open champion whipped a forehand winner to take the first set. He saved two set points at 5-4 with a forehand winner and an ace. In the next game, Gasquet missed a smash to drop serve. Third-seeded Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia beat Ivan Ljubicic of Croatia 6-4, 6-4, and will next play Michael Llodra, who downed qualifier Albano Olivetti 7-6 (5), 7-5 in an all-French quarterfinal. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Sean-Spence-J... Spence Cyber Monday Jersey. Tipsarevic did not face a break point and broke Ljubicics serve in the opening game of the first set before breaking for a 3-2 lead in the second. Tsonga was the player with the most aces on the ATP Tour last season, although France has found another hard-serving player in 20-year-old Olivetti. Olivetti lost to Llodra, but has still left an impression on the home crowd after beating Mardy Fish on Thursday. The 2.03-meter (6-foot-8) Olivetti hit a serve of 254 kph (158 mph) last year on the Challenger Tour. But Ivo Karlovic of Croatia still holds the world record for the fastest serve with 251 kph (156 mph) as only performances on the ATP tour are taken into account for official records. However, Llodra outslugged Olivetti with 14 aces to 13 on Friday, and did not face a break point. "Michael served smartly," Olivetti said. "He used very well the slice when serving to my backhand. He was also stronger than me on service returns." Olivetti netted a backhand volley at 5-5 to drop serve and Llodra converted his first match point with an ace. The 388th-ranked Olivetti double-faulted twice in the tiebreaker and Llodra won the first set when Olivetti sent a backhand into the net. "Those two double-faults cost me dearly," Olivetti said. "Thats the reason why I lost the tiebreaker." Olivetti made 10 unforced errors in the first set to none for Llodra, the 2010 champion. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes