Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ense, and I just feel very confident out here. She...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ense, and I just feel very confident out here. She

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/18 12:48AM
Latest post: 2014/11/18 12:48AM, Views: 214, Posts: 1
ense, and I just feel very confident out here. She
#1   2014/11/18 12:48AM
wff0605
ST. . LOUIS -- For four straight starts, Michael Wacha has been all but untouchable and appeared totally oblivious to the stakes. The St. Louis Cardinals need one more just like that from the pressure-proof rookie to get to the World Series for the second time in three years. Wacha outpitched NL Cy Young front-runner Clayton Kershaw in Game 2 and the Cardinals won 1-0 on an unearned run to take a 2-0 series lead. Theyre matched again in Game 6 Friday night, the precocious right-hander and the lefty whod be at the top of anyones list to work a must-win. This time, the Cardinals lead the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-2. "I just expect Michael to go out and do what hes done, just like the rest of our guys," manager Mike Matheny said. "Stick with what youve done all along the way, and dont ignore and dont deny the excitement." The Dodgers brought the series back to St. Louis by muscling up on offence, with Adrian Gonzalez hitting two of their four homers in a 6-4 Game 5 victory Wednesday. Runs figure to be hard to come by in Game 6, although pitchers wont have shadows as an ally with a 7:37 p.m. CDT start. Game 2 had a late afternoon start with shadows creeping across Busch Stadium especially in the early innings and lights providing no real help, plus there was fatigue from the Cardinals 13-inning win to open the series. "I think youll see both clubs get better at-bats just from the standpoint of vision," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. Mattingly was hopeful both Hanley Ramirez (ribs) and Andre Ethier (ankle) would benefit from a travel day Thursday and be in the lineup. "Andre, I expect to play. He just seems to get a little stronger," Mattingly said. As for Ramirez, who was hit by a pitch in Game 1, "We dont feel like hes getting any worse. Its just a matter of how the game goes for him." The Cardinals didnt work out either, taking a bit of a mental break. "Weve had a lot of these lately," Matheny said. "Going back and forth I can feel a little jet lag. The guys arent going to forget how to hit, forget how to throw." Kershaw is the major league ERA leader three years running and worked the Dodgers division clincher against Atlanta on three days rest. He gave up just two hits in six innings of Game 1 and was ready to go long before the Dodgers bats came alive. "I dont really think about the what-ifs," Kershaw said. "I always assumed I was going to pitch Game 6." Kershaw has a career 1-2 post-season record despite an impressive 2.88 post-season ERA. "All we have to do," Gonzalez said, "is score for him." Wacha is 2-0 with a microscopic 0.64 ERA in the post-season, allowing just six hits in 14 innings with 17 strikeouts. Counting his last start of the regular season, when he was one out shy of a no-hitter, make it 3-0 with an 0.42 ERA. Slim leads have been of no concern, with the Cardinals totalling five runs in those games. "Just this whole post-season ride has been amazing," Wacha said. "Hopefully we can just keep it going." He knows how tough the opposing pitcher is, but says that cant be factor. "Kershaws a tough pitcher, obviously, and you saw that in his last start," Wacha said. "But I try not to worry too much about who Im facing. "Just try to approach it like any other start and just worry about myself, really." Both are hard throwers from Texas who got to the majors fast. Kershaw was 20 when he made his debut in 2008 and Wacha was 21 and hadnt been in the system a year when he opened with seven strong innings against the Royals in May. "He obviously handles himself pretty well," Kershaw said. "I dont think nerves is going to be the issue for him." The Dodgers are trying to become the 12th team to rally from a 3-1 deficit to win a best-of-seven series. The Cardinals squandered a 3-1 series last fall against the Giants. Game 7 would be Saturday night, and another rematch. The Dodgers Hyun-Jim Ryu worked seven innings of three-hit ball in Game 3 to outpitch Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright, who got no help from a shaky defence. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Green-Bay-Packers-Tim-Masthay-Jer... Masthay Cyber Monday Jersey .com) - Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Jarvis Jones has a concussion. . Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo took the field on Saturday afternoon to face off against the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the first time since their second-straight Grey Cup victory last November. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Baltimore-Ravens-Brandon-Stokley-... . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Baltimore-Ravens-Dennis-Pitta-Jer... Pitta Black Friday Jersey . The deal was the talk of the baseball world. But the games power brokers didnt seem too interested in talking about the trade in public, perhaps waiting to see its full scope. "Not today, boys," Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said as he strolled by a group of reporters. . Finally, the horn sounded. That first victory as an NBA head coach was his. Al Horford had 22 points and 16 rebounds, three other Atlanta starters scored in double figures and the Hawks won their home opener, defeating the Toronto Raptors 102-95 on Friday to give Budenholzer a night to remember. PHOENIX -- Yani Tseng had a blunt assessment of her first nine holes Friday in the LPGA Founders Cup. "Front nine, its very sorry," the top-ranked Taiwanese star said. She opened with nine pars a day after playing a seven-hole stretch on the same nine holes in 7 under. "I was like, Oh, yesterday I make birdie here. How could I make par. And it was not even close," Tseng said. "A couple holes, I was trying to make safe par, but yesterday it was so easy." She had three birdies and a bogey on her final nine for a 2-under 70, leaving her at 9-under 135 and a stroke ahead of five players after the second round. "I played really well today I made lots of good shots, good drives, but I just didnt make enough putts," Tseng said. "But had a good stroke. Some of it was really hard to read, but its good I make good stroke instead of bad stroke. So I enjoy out there. Its good to play in the morning. Its not too hot." It was about 80 degrees when Tseng finished and the afternoon high was 87. Second-ranked Na Yeon Choi was second along with fellow South Korean players I.K. Kim and Meena Lee and Japans Ai Miyazato and Mika Miyazato. "Im very satisfied what I did today," said Choi, who had a 69. "The weather is good like yesterday, but I heard tomorrow and Sunday the weather will be a little cold and windy, so I have to prepare for that. I think Im in good position right now, but I have two more rounds." Kim had a 66, Lee and Mika Miyazato shot 67, and Ai Miyazato had a 68. "I played in the afternoon yesterday, so the fairways and greens were pretty firm, but this morning it was really soft," Ai Miyazato said. "And I thought I can be more aggressive, but I was a little bit impatient on the front nine, but on the back nine II made some putts, so Im very happy with that. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-New-England-Patriots-Rob-Ninkovic... Ninkovich Cyber Monday Jersey. Rebecca Lee-Bentham of Richmond Hill, Ont., shot 2-under 70 and was the top Canadian at 3 under, good for a tie for 34th. Charlottetowns Lori Kane (71) was tied for 58th and Maude-Aimee Leblanc of Sherbrooke, Que., (72) was tied for 68th. Hamiltons Alena Sharp missed the cut of even par. She followed an opening round of 2-under with a disastrous 6-over 78 on Friday. Tseng successfully defended her LPGA Thailand title in February for her 13th LPGA Tour victory. She led the tour last season with seven victories -- including major victories in the LPGA Championship and Womens British Open -- and finished the year with 12 worldwide titles. "The next two days are very important, but I will keep the same strategy, be aggressive and try to make more birdies as I can and play smart, and two more days to come," Tseng said. "I love this golf course. And by hitting good driver, I think I have a lot of chances to win." Paula Creamer (68) was two strokes back along with defending champion Karrie Webb (69), Karen Sjodin (68), Inbee Park (69), Jiyai Shin (71) and Hee Young Park (72). Park was tied with Tseng for the first-round lead after a 65. "I hit 16 greens today," Creamer said. "I gave myself a ton of chances. I could have gotten so much lower than 68. But Im pretty pleased with how I hit the ball, and I hit a lot of great putts, just they didnt go in, but saving them for the weekend in a sense, and I just feel very confident out here. She tied for second last year in the inaugural event. "I like this golf course a lot," Creamer said. "It fits my eye well, and once I get on a roll with making putts, then I think I can go pretty low out here by how well my ball-striking is." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes