Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ht we deserved a better fate. I thought we - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ht we deserved a better fate. I thought we

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/16 11:00PM
Latest post: 2014/11/16 11:00PM, Views: 251, Posts: 1
ht we deserved a better fate. I thought we
#1   2014/11/16 11:00PM
wff0605
EDMONTON -- McGill Martlets coach Peter Smith laughs when asked if he feels like an underdog, as his powerhouse womens hockey team enters this years CIS championships ranked No. . 2 behind Wilfrid Laurier. "No, not really," Smith said. "Were primed and ready to go. Were pretty excited." Smiths Martlets have more reason than most not to be intimidated when the Canadian Interuniversity Sport championships begin Thursday in Edmonton. McGill has won the CIS womens title three of the last four years (2008, 2009, 2011) and has been in the final for five straight years. In addition to the top-seeded Golden Hawks, another challenge could come from veteran Olympian Hayley Wickenheiser and the third-seeded Calgary Dinos. But Smith says the Martlets are focused on what they need to do and not on the opposition. "Our team is of a nature theyre not going to spend a whole lot of time spectating," he said. "Theyre going to spend a lot of time playing and working hard and I think were a difficult team to play against and thats what well be when we go out there and play Calgary." The University of Prince Edward Island Panthers are seeded fourth after their upset win over Mount Allison in the Atlantic Conference title game. The host Alberta Pandas are ranked fifth, followed by the Montreal Carabins. Wilfrid Laurier won its lone CIS title in 2005. But the Golden Hawks enter with a CIS-best 25-0-1 regular-season record and are 34-1-2 overall against other CIS teams. Thats in large part to the scoring talent of Tammy Frieburger and Laura Brooker, who had 30 points apiece over the 26-game regular season. "There are six good teams here and everybody is going to have to play three real strong games to be successful," Smith said. The Martlets are also missing one of their best forwards. Katia Clement-Heydra suffered a season-ending injury in the third game of the Quebec semifinals. "Shes a great player and shes certainly a top-six forward for us," says Smith. "Well miss her but well have to forge on." While the Martlets are backstopped by two-time Olympic gold medallist Charline Labonte, Smith does acknowledge that the team is in a bit of a building phase. "We have seven first-year players on the team and we have six second-year players on the team, so thats 13 of our 24 players are in their first or second year," he said. "Thats a good thing. I think we have a good mix of experience and youth." Wilfrid Laurier will open play against Montreal. McGill will meet Calgary later Thursday. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-New-Orleans-Saints-Jairus-Byrd-Je... Byrd Black Friday Jersey . Alex Basso had four assists as the Sarnia Sting beat the London Knights 4-3 in Ontario Hockey League action Sunday afternoon. . Hockey Alberta announced it would do away with bodychecking for 11- and 12-year-old players following a fractious debate that saw the resignation of Hockey Calgarys president after he suggested the practice be banned. "Our players safety is the foundation in making this decision," Rob Virgil, Hockey Albertas board chairman, said in a statement Wednesday. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Buffalo-Bills-Chris-Gragg-Jersey-... . That meant the best 36-hole score for Furyk in his PGA Tour career, and the worst start for Woods in nearly fourth months. Furyk had another good day with the putter, making a few birdies early and saving par from the bunker four times on the back nine at Firestone for a 4-under 66 and a two-shot lead over Rafa Cabrera-Bello of Spain. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-Washington-Redskins-Jason-Hatcher... Hatcher Cyber Monday Jersey . -- While the infamous Coachella Valley winds toppled the worlds best golfers, Karin Sjodin thrived with a mix of patience and power. [url=http://www.shopnflonline.net/Black-Friday-St-Louis-Rams-William-Hayes-Jerse... Hayes Black Friday Jersey[/url] .C. Romero for assignment and replaced him with right-hander Vance Worley.OTTAWA -- Marc Methot may have scored the game winner for the Ottawa Senators, but he was much more excited about Mark Borowieckis goal. Borowiecki scored his first NHL goal and considering the two are defence partners and both Ottawa natives Methot felt it was a pretty special night with their 4-1 victory Thursday over the Montreal Canadiens. "It was awesome," said Methot. "It doesnt happen very often for myself or for (Borowiecki). Were more defensive minded guys and any time you have two hometown guys score in the same game, and its a pretty important game for our fans, I couldnt be happier." Borowiecki celebrated with his teammates, but strangely enough not a single family member was on hand for the game. His parents were in Las Vegas and his girlfriend, a teacher, was unable to attend due to parent-teacher interviews. "Its just weird how it worked out," said the 24-year-old. "I cant describe the feeling; its pretty cool. I had a big smile on my face." In addition to timely scoring, Robin Lehner was solid in goal stopping 33 shots. Lehner was making his second straight start as Craig Anderson recovers from a stiff neck. "I think the "D" is helping me a lot to see pucks and boxing out," said Lehner. "I think were getting a little better chemistry and it feels good." Bobby Ryan and Kyle Turris, with an empty netter, also scored for the Senators (6-6-4), who posted back-to-back wins for just the second time this season. Andrei Markov scored the lone goal for the Canadiens (8-8-1) as Carey Price faced 24 shots. Montreal is winless in its last four games. "Its normal for everyone to be disappointed as we all want to win," said Montreal coach Michel Therrien. "Especially after playing a solid road game, but well concentrate on the good things we saw." Despite giving up four goals Therrien had no complaints as to how his team performed. "I thought we deserved a better fate. I thought we were the team that dictated the game and we had some great scoring chances, but we couldnt capitalize on them so that was a big difference." The game opened a five-game homestand for the Senators, who hav

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes