Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

. The bullpen has been great for us. Its one of t ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

. The bullpen has been great for us. Its one of t

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/15 09:48PM
Latest post: 2014/11/15 09:48PM, Views: 322, Posts: 1
. The bullpen has been great for us. Its one of t
#1   2014/11/15 09:48PM
wff0605
Winning a championship is one of the toughest things to do in sports, but there is something thats even more difficult. wholesale jerseys . Repeating. That task became even more daunting for the Argos on Sunday when it was announced that their defensive captain, safety Jordan Younger, was calling it a career after nine CFL seasons, all but one of which was with Toronto. What surprised the Argos was the timing, as they didnt have any indication of Youngers intention to retire until Friday night when the club was presented with their Grey Cup rings. "I was surprised" said general manager Jim Barker. "The timing of it was difficult. Players know, when a player feels it, they know. Somebody has to pick up the slack". As for a replacement? "Theres a lot of rookies so you never know until you get out here. (Defensive coordinator) Chris Jones has done this a long time with young guys". Head coach Scott Milanovich said he was "fairly surprised but not shocked" by the two-time Grey Cup winners decision. "I felt like he could have played for a little while, but I dont know how his body feels and thats a decision everybody has to make on their own time. Ill never second guess it." As Younger leaves, the Argo defence welcomed a new face on Sunday in defensive tackle Khalif Mitchell, acquired in an off-season trade with the B.C. Lions. Mitchell had hinted that he wasnt going to report to Toronto due to business opportunities he had in the West, but he arrived on time and ready for action. How did Mitchell come to the conclusion to head East? "I prayed. Also I talked to (Jim) Barker and coach Chris (Jones) and I had decisions to make and I had great choices in life and you have to make a choice based on what you like and I made a choice for football". With the loss of Armond Armstead, Ricky Foley, Ron Flemons and Adriano Belli from the front line, its a decision the Argos are glad Mitchell made. Notes: Its far from settled, but when the offence ran its reps, the first team looked familiar, consisting of Ricky Ray, Chad Kackert, Dontrelle Inman, Jason Barnes, Andre Durie and a rotation of Spencer Watt and Mike Bradwell. Inman looked much bigger, he noted hes added 10 pounds and is now listed at 197 pounds... Tony Washington hurt his calf early in the first of back-to-back practices. He said he didnt think it was serious. His spot at left tackle with the first offesnive line unit was taken by newcomer SirVincent Rogers. He was joined by returnees Wayne Smith, Jeff Keeping, Marc Parenteau and Chris Van Zeyl... Several CIS coaches stood on the sidelines taking notes, among them former Edmonton Eskimos head coach Danny Maciocia, now running the program at Universite de Montreal... Shoulder pads were taken off for the second practice. A new CFL rule prevents teams from going full pads for two practices on the same day. Players did keep their helmets on... Wet weather again forced the team to move from its normal facility at the Erindale Campus of the University of Toronto. The workouts were held at Holy Trinity Secondary School in Oakville... Aside from Younger, the Argos were without veteran defensive backs Pacino Horne and Patrick Watkins. Horne injured his calf and was told by the club to stay home until hes ready. He should be back in 1-2 weeks. Watkins was at home in Florida tending to a "personal situation". The timeline for his return is not known. cheap jerseys . -- D.J. Williams is preparing for his first start since Jan. cheap jerseys . Alex Basso had four assists as the Sarnia Sting beat the London Knights 4-3 in Ontario Hockey League action Sunday afternoon. Cheap Chicago Cubs Jerseys . Until his 136-yard wedge shot on his final hole Thursday. "It was going right at it. (A 59) crossed my mind for a second, and it would be unbelievable if I buried this," Bradley said. . It could spell trouble for the Tampa Bay Rays as they make their push for the post-season. Jose Reyes scored twice and R.A. Dickey was effective over 7 1/3 innings as the Blue Jays defeated Tampa Bay 6-3 on Friday night at Rogers Centre. CHICAGO -- Before the game, Jeff Baker and some of his teammates had some laughs about the inability to win three straight games. It almost became a no laughing matter after the Cubs nearly blew another impressive start from Matt Garza. Bakers pinch-hit game-winning single in the 10th inning helped Chicago complete its first three-game sweep at Wrigley Field in nearly two years as the Cubs beat the Houston Astros 5-4 on Sunday afternoon. Its Chicagos first three-game winning streak this season. "We were joking around today, trying to loosen guys up, saying there is no way we can win three," said Baker. "It was big, obviously its frustrating the year hasnt gone the way we want. To finally to get three together, its in our division, hopefully we get rolling. Why not four?" Marlon Byrd led off the 10th inning with a deep fly ball to right-centre. Astros right-fielder Hunter Pence was in the area to catch it but apparently lost it in the sun. Byrd ended up on third with a triple. "Today, my performance was awful. I let everyone down. I never even saw the ball. I saw the ball off the bat. I was running, but it never came out of the sun. I was looking, looking, looking, and I heard it hit the ground. I was trying to get there. I really dont know what I could have done better on that play because of the sun in my face, but theres no excuse. Its a Major League ballgame," said Pence. "Its not the first time Ive made a horrendous play in this outfield. No fly ball is easy here. Its the toughest one Ive ever played in. Astros reliever David Carpenter (0-1) then struck out Geovany Soto, after intentional walks to Tony Campana and Darwin Barney, Baker ended the game with a liner down the left-field line. Cubs reliever John Grabow (2-0) pitched a scoreless 10th inning to earn the win. Chicago had to come back after the Cubs bullpen blew another impressive start by Garza. In his third straight start, Garza left after seven innings with the lead only to have it blown by the bullpen. On Sunday, Garza was done in by reliever Jeff Samardzija. With a 2-1 lead, Samardzija allowed a leadoff walk to Pence in the eighth, then gave up a two-run homer to Carlos Lee to give the Astros a 4-3 lead. Lee has hit 36 home runs in his career against the Cubs with 101 RBIs. "He (Garza) has plenty to show for it. We won a ballgame because he gave us seven great innings," said Cubs manager Mike Quade. "You feel terrible he didnt get the win, but a big part of that win is on him. It aint going on the stat sheet, but we all know that and he damn well bettter know it and he does. [url=http://www.jerseycheap.ru/]wholesale jerseys. " Quade gave Garza an option if he wanted to continue pitch in the eighth, but after a long seventh and a pitch count at 107, Garza decided against it. "Quade gave me the choice after the seventh if I wanted to keep going, being a competitor it is always yeah right out of the gates, but then I sat down and thought about it a little bit before the inning started then I said No. If its a long inning get someone out there because I will cool off if it is short I will go. Then a pitching change it lengthen it out ... It is what it is," said Garza. The Cubs rallied in the bottom of the eighth. Byrd led off with a single off Astros reliever Wilton Lopez and he advanced to third on Sotos single. Alfonso Soriano tied the game with a broken-bat single to left. Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol pitched out of a one-out bases loaded jam in the ninth. He struck out Pence then ended the inning by getting Lee to pop out to centre. Soto and Barney had a pair of RBI doubles for the Cubs, who swept an opponent at home for the first time since taking three straight from Cincinnati on July 24-26, 2009. The last time the Cubs won three straight overall was at San Diego and Houston on Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2010. Garza allowed two runs on five hits over seven innings, while striking out nine. He hasnt won since July 27. Clint Barmes also hit a solo home run for the major-league worst Astros, who have lost seven straight on the road. Astros starter Jordan Lyles rebounded after a three-run second inning to pitch six innings. The 20-year-old allowed three runs and nine hits while striking out five. Trailing 1-0 in the second inning, Byrd led off with a double and scored on Sotos double to centre field. After Soriano struck out, Barney doubled down the right-field line to score Soto. Garza followed with a single to right to score Barney to give the Cubs a 3-1 lead. It was Garzas first RBI in the majors. Barmes first inning home run ended Houstons streak of 27 consecutive hits without an extra base hit. Barmes connected on Garzas 1-1 pitch in the first inning for his sixth of the season. "We went out there and battled, battled, battled. Lyles kept us in the game and pitched a great game. The bullpen has been great for us. Its one of those situation that seems like nothing goes right, no matter what. Always something is going to happen. It doesnt matter how good we play," said Lee. Notes: Astros C Carlos Corporan, who left the game after getting hit on the right foot by a pitch on Saturday, suffered a bruise, but isnt expected to miss extended time. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes