Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Yallop said. "I think we didnt start well at all, ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Yallop said. "I think we didnt start well at all, con

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/14 10:17PM
Latest post: 2014/11/14 10:17PM, Views: 336, Posts: 1
Yallop said. "I think we didnt start well at all, con
#1   2014/11/14 10:17PM
wff0605
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. wholesale nfl jerseys paypal . -- With Aaron Hernandezs arrest hovering over the start of training camp, the New England Patriots sent out quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick to shed some light. Brady spoke for 17 minutes Thursday and said the murder charge against his former tight end is "zero" distraction to him. Belichick spoke for 22 minutes Wednesday and said the team would learn from the "terrible experience." Both spoke with greater patience and candour than they usually do as the Patriots hurried to remove the stain from their reputation -- and lower media attention -- before their first practice on Friday. "You talk about the Patriot Way and to me that means mental toughness and to me it means dealing with different situations and adversities over the course of a season and off-season," Brady said, "and how you can put those things behind you and focus on your job." The Patriots were happy to get back on the field during conditioning tests Thursday. Brady was asked about the teams morale. "Its fun. Its exciting," he said. "This is a new year for us. Last year didnt end the way that we would have hoped so we have a chance to go out there and try to do a lot better this year." The Patriots lost the AFC championship game to the Baltimore Ravens. "The fate of our season is going to be determined by the guys in the locker room," Brady said, "and, hopefully, nothing else." Not only must they improve on the field, but, Brady said, the Patriots must work hard to "re-establish what were all about" after the arrest of Hernandez. "Its been a challenging off-season," he said. "But were going to try to move forward as best we know how." Brady talked at length for the first time since Hernandezs name surfaced in connection with the shooting death of Boston semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd on June 17. Hernandez was arrested on June 26 and cut by the Patriots before he was charged that afternoon. He is being held without bail after pleading not guilty. "Certainly, its a very tragic thing that happened and someone loses their life," Brady said, "but all those things were out of the players control here. Were not really a part of that situation." He declined to answer several questions, saying he had been advised not to. They included whether he had spoken with Hernandez or whether Hernandez had apologized to him after the tight end was linked to the investigation. During Hernandezs three seasons since being drafted by the Patriots, he was one of Bradys top receivers. Asked if he thought he knew Hernandez, Brady said, "the relationship that you have as a football player, the relationship you have within the walls of (Gillette Stadium) are what they are and then people have their own life." Might people not know others as well as they think they do? "I dont know if you quantify those things," Brady said. "How well do you know your kids? You try to do the best you can do, but everyone is ultimately accountable for their own decision making." Asked if Hernandez had fit in with his former teammates, Brady said, "I dont think any of that really matters to me or matters to anything thats going on with the legal process or anything like that." On the day before camp opened, Belichick displayed unusual patience with questioners and gave more detailed answers than usual after making an opening statement while using notes. On Thursday, it was the turn of the teams best player. "Its a terrible thing that happened," Brady said. "Theres a very human, compassionate element that we all have and when its someone that has been on our team, its a very sad thing. So I think that we, as a team, have tried to move forward with better awareness and understanding of these types of things." He listed several former teammates -- Tedy Bruschi, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Mike Vrabel -- who represented the Patriots well on and off the field. "Everyone who has played here has played a part of what the New England Patriots are all about," said Brady, wearing a dark blue sweatshirt with the words, "PATRIOTS ESTABLISHED IN 1960" on the front. "We realize that in light of the recent situation that probably those things get overshadowed and weve got to work hard to kind of re-establish what were all about. "And thats, like we said, to win games and to be the best representatives of this team and organization and representatives for this city that we can possibly be." Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork also spoke Thursday but didnt mention Hernandezs name. "Youre dealing with a real-life situation, so its easy to get caught up in the media or speculations. Were not here for that," Wilfork said. "I feel bad for the victims family, but we have to move forward as a football team. Thats sad to say, but thats reality." Its important, he said, to keep off-field issues separate from players jobs on the field. "Its going to test this teams chemistry. Its going to test everyone thats in this locker room," Wilfork said. "Its going to test to see how important football is to us. As a family, you just have to take it day-by-day, move forward day-by-day. At the end of the day, the ball is going to continue to roll and the last thing we want to do is be stuck behind the ball." On Wednesday, a probable cause hearing for Hernandez was rescheduled for Aug. 22 to give prosecutors more time to present evidence to a grand jury. Might Wilfork be distracted from football if hes called before a grand jury? "What can I do," he asked. "The only thing I can do is control what I can control and thats playing football. Whatever happens in the future, happens. Well handle it then." cheap jerseys from china . All in all, the Red Sox couldnt have found a better way to end a whirlwind weekend. Lester allowed four hits over seven innings, Ortiz went 4 for 4 with his 20th home run and Boston used a 5-0 victory Sunday to earn their first series win over the Orioles in two years. cheap nfl jerseys . Still, he was starting to get a little anxious. Heisey finally got on the board Saturday, giving Cincinnati the lead with his first homer of the season and four relievers made it stand up in a 10-3 win over the Colorado Rockies. http://www.jerseycheap.ru/ . After being eliminated by Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League semifinals, Mourinho was asked if hell return to the club next season and simply replied: "Maybe not. Wholesale Jerseys .500 after a brief skid tonight, as they kick off a three-game interleague series with the visiting Baltimore Orioles at PNC Park. cheap jerseys china . Pagan opened the game with a double, went to third on a bunt and raced home when Brandon Belt hit a sacrifice fly in a 1-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks. HOUSTON -- The Houston Dynamo continue to be unbeatable at home across all competitions. Will Bruin and Giles Barnes scored in the first half and the Dynamo won their second straight match, defeating the San Jose Earthquakes 2-0 Saturday night. With the win, Houston tied the record for the MLS home unbeaten streak in all competitions of 34 set by Real Salt Lake from 2009-11. Houston is one game from tying the MLS regular-season record for longest home unbeaten streak of 29 set by Real Salt Lake during the same period. The Dynamo have not lost a home game in the MLS or international competition since dropping a 2-0 decision to Columbus on June 18, 2011. Dynamo coach Dominic Kinnear downplayed tying the all-competitions record. "You dont get anything for it," he said. "You get a lot of points and get asked a lot of questions and a lot of satisfaction on a week-to-week basis, but in the end it goes down in a statistical record book. You dont get a T-shirt or a hat or a ring for it. To be honest, I dont think Ive mentioned it to the guys once." "Your focus is on 90 minutes," Kinnear added. "You cant focus on the past 33 games at home. Im happy for the guys, but we still have 30 games left in the season instead of concentrating on the streak. Dont get me wrong, its a wonderful accomplishment and Im glad Im part of the group thats done it, but there is still a lot of stuff to be thought about as well." Houston (3-1-0) took a 1-0 lead on Bruins goal in the 17th minute. Oscar Boniek Garcia fed Bruin from outside the right box into the middle box, and Bruin put it in the leeft net from 8 yards out. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Jerseys. The goal was Houstons first score in the first half this season. "I thought we started off really well," Barnes said. "We work really hard for each other, so there is a great foundation. We knew as soon as we got the first goal we could carry on pressing. As we came on at halftime, we knew we just had to keep on pressing and we could keep them out." The Earthquakes (2-2-1), which saw their three-game unbeaten streak end, missed a chance to take a 1-0 lead right before Bruins goal, with Ty Harden charging down the middle and bouncing a corner kick over the crossbar. The Dynamo extended their lead to 2-0 in the 42nd minute on Barnes header. Brad Davis sent a cross into the middle of the box from outside the upper right box, and Barnes put it inside the near post from 10 yards out. Barnes gave credit to Davis on the play for setting him up with what Barnes called "an incredible cross." San Jose had a chance to get on the board in second-half stoppage, but Chris Wondolowskis header from the left box hit off the left post. Earthquakes head coach Frank Yallop gave credit to Houston for the win, but added that the slow start did not help his team. "Its disappointing to lose the match," Yallop said. "I think we didnt start well at all, conceded a very early goal which put us on our heels, and then if we dont concede the second one before half time, we still have a chance to get back in the match. I think the second half display was a lot better than first, but we had some good chances to score and we didnt." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes