Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

eason is so long," Hall said. "Weve got a long ha ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

eason is so long," Hall said. "Weve got a long ha

Started by wff0605, 2014/11/09 11:51PM
Latest post: 2014/11/09 11:51PM, Views: 233, Posts: 1
eason is so long," Hall said. "Weve got a long ha
#1   2014/11/09 11:51PM
wff0605
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Though weary and nursing injuries, Canada has stuck to its policy of fielding its strongest available lineup for every match at the Rugby World Cup by naming a full-strength side for Sundays Pool A match against top-ranked New Zealand. . Five players named by coach Kieran Crowley on Friday have been unable to train in the five days since Canadas disappointing 23-23 draw with Japan and will have their fitness tested before being confirmed in the match-day squad. Only one player, fullback James Pritchard, was unavailable because of injury and his absence prompts one change of personnel, and one positional change. Matt Evans moves from wing to fullback and Conor Trainor joins the team on the right wing. Trainor started from the bench against Japan and his promotion forces one change to the Canada reserves. Crowley has gone for five forwards and two backs, preferring flanker Nanyak Dala ahead of Wellington-born backrower Jeremy Kyne. Canadas policy of sticking to its strongest lineup for all four of its pool matches means that five members of its 30-man squad will not even suit up at the tournament. "Coming to this World Cup we decided to look at every game on its own. It is a World Cup after all so we took the attitude that we were going to field our best team in every game," Crowley said. "If I was completely honest with you five of them didnt train today. "I think its a fact that we had a four day backup after each of the first two games and it took probably five or six days for them to come down mentally. "Weve got a five-day turnaround for this particular one and those guys who didnt train today have to be able to get through tomorrow to play on Sunday. Weve got confidence they all will." Crowley said Canada had made steady improvement throughout the tournament. He was happy with its win over Tonga and with its performance against France, though it conceded points heavily at the end of each half. The draw against Japan was disappointing -- it was a match Canada had expected to win -- but Crowley said his team had generally acquitted itself well. "As far as how weve gone Im reasonably pleased but I would rather be sitting here having had three wins because thats how we approach it," he said. ------------ Canada: Matt Evans, Conor Trainor, DTH van der Merwe, Ryan Smith, Phil Mackenzie, Ander Monro, Ed Fairhurst; Aaron Carpenter, Chauncey OToole, Adam Kleeberger, Jamie Cudmore, Jebb Sinclair, Jason Marshall, Pat Riordan (captain), Hubert Buydens. Reserves: Ryan Hamilton, Scott Franklin, Tyler Hotson, Andrew Tiedemann, Nanyak Dala, Sean White, Nathan Hirayama. [url=http://www.cheap-nhljerseys.us.com/ay876/]Cheap Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys . He finally got one in the eighth inning, but not before hitting two two-run homers to power the Cubs to a 4-2 victory over the Miami Marlins on Friday night, giving Chicago back-to-back wins for the first time this season. . Twice this season, the team has been dealt three consecutive shutouts against MLS opponents. [url=http://www.goodcheapjerseys.com/]http://www.goodcheapjerseys.com/ . Rory McIlroy wants to be the second. McIlroy drilled a brilliant bunker shot on the last hole a year ago to win the title by two strokes, becoming the tournaments youngest winner at 22 after being runner-up in 2008 and 2009. cheap nfl jerseys . - The Halifax Mooseheads are four wins away from completing their dominating Quebec Major Junior Hockey League season. wholesale nfl jerseys . Maltais, from Petite-Riviere-Saint Francois, Que., led from start to finish to extend her lead in the race for the Crystal Globe. "It was a close final so I tried to focus on my own line," Maltais said.EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Oilers missed winger Taylor Halls reckless abandon on attack during his seven-game injury layoff. With Hall slated to return against the Phoenix Coyotes on Thursday, the question is will Hall be the same no-holds-barred player, taking on defenders and driving to the net at high speed? And should he be? Hall, for one, says expect more of the same. "Im not going to change my game," he told reporters after passing a fitness test Wednesday. "I cant really afford to because I wouldnt be as good a player. I have to maybe just play a little bit smarter and just not put myself in bad positions like any smart player does." The Oilers struggled to a 2-4-1 record without Hall, who hurt his shoulder when he was run into the boards by Ryan Wilson in Colorado on Nov. 26. Hall, 20, will return at left wing on a line with captain Shawn Horcoff and right winger Ales Hemsky. "You dont want to limit his ability to attack," Horcoff said of Hall. "He saw that with Hemmer (Hemsky) early in his career, too. He was always the first one in the corner and taking those big hits. "Theres going to be times when hes able to use body position a little bit more to soften the blows. You can position yourself more instead of going loose into the boards. Thats something you learn with time." With seven goals and 18 points in the 22 games, Hall was off to a tremendous start in his second season with the Oilers. He missed the final 17 games of last season after spraining his ankle in a fight with Derek Dorsett of Columbus. "If I think this is going to be the only time Im injured in my career, Im lying to myself," Hall said. "Theres going to be some growing pains. "Last year was a freak accident, you know? I hurt my ankle in a fight, so this is really the first injury Ive ever had. Im not going to really chance my game too much. The shoulder feells really good and Im not going to play tentative at all. [url=http://www.stitchednflcheapjerseys.com/Nike-nfl-jerseys_Buffalo-bills-jerse... Buffalo Bills Jerseys[/url]. I cant afford to." Halls ability to put defenders on their heels and open up ice for linemates with his speed gives the Oilers a different look. In football terms, Hall is a deep threat that stretches defences. "Every time he has the puck he looks dangerous," Horcoff said. "Hes a scorer, plain and simple. Hes relentless. "When he gets the puck, hes getting it to the net one way or another, whether its with his body or shooting it. He opens up so much ice for whoever he is playing with because he attacks with so much speed." Reuniting Hall with Horcoff and Hemsky allows Renney to keep the line of Sam Gagner, rookie Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jordan Eberle together. Nugent-Hopkins is among top-10 NHL scorers with 13-19-32 and Eberle is right behind him with 11-20-31. "Youve got to have the wherewithal to know whats going on around you," Renney said when asked if Hall needs to make adjustments to his game. "Certainly, offensively and with the puck, thats essential. "Where he can get compromised, I suppose, is on the offensive side of the puck and hes going to have to play hockey and sort that out. Weve already talked a little bit about some strategies to help him. Playing safe is the wrong way to put it, but play without the risk of injury." Off since a 3-0 loss to Calgary on Saturday, the Oilers (14-13-3) are looking to regain traction with games in Phoenix and San Jose on Saturday after a stretch in which theyve struggled to a 4-5-1 mark. "The season is so long," Hall said. "Weve got a long haul ahead of us and Im glad to be back as soon as I could. "It sucks missing games, especially when the teams not doing well. You want to be out there doing the best you can. Im happy I took the extra couple of days to really get it better and I feel great now." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes