Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

d have no problem working with Alberto again. I ha...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

d have no problem working with Alberto again. I ha

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/19 05:20AM
Latest post: 2014/10/19 05:20AM, Views: 233, Posts: 1
d have no problem working with Alberto again. I ha
#1   2014/10/19 05:20AM
wff0605
SALT LAKE CITY -- They called it an improvement, but Canadas womens soccer team found out they still have work to do to meet their Olympic expectations. . Amy Rodriguez scored a late goal to lift the United States womens soccer team past Canada 2-1 on Saturday in a warmup for the London Games. Rodriguez received a pass in the goal area, dribbled around defenders and scored in the 85th minute to give the Americans the win. Despite the loss, it was a much better result for the team following a 4-0 defeat to the U.S. at the CONCACAF womens qualifying tournament in January. "Weve grown so much in the last couple months," said Canadian goalkeeper Erin McLeod, who added the team expects to win a medal in London. There was a learning moment when Canada surrendered the first goal in the 15th minute on a mistake by midfielder Carmelina Moscato. American midfielder Megan Rapinoe kicked from the right side of the penalty box toward a waiting McLeod, but Moscato got a foot on the ball, deflecting it away from McLeod and into the back of the net. McLeod said there was a communication problem on the play. "Its really, really loud out here," McLeod said. Attendance at Rio Tinto Stadium was 16,508. Forward Melissa Tancredi tied the game in the 57th minute after taking a pass from captain Christine Sinclair. Tancredi, who entered the game after halftime, banged a shot off the crossbar past goalkeeper Hope Solo, who had two hands on the ball but couldnt catch it. After the game, Tancredi pointed to the Canadian defence as a bright spot that prevented goals from American star forwards Abby Wambach and Alex Morgan. Still, the Americans dominated the first half, kicking seven shots on goal to Canadas one. Sinclair fired a shot that looked destined for the net, but Solo dove to her left and pinned the ball against the inside of the goalpost. Midfielder Kaylyn Kyle slid in for the rebound but Solo smothered the ball as she arrived. Kyle argued the ball crossed the goal-line to no avail. Canada coach John Herdman said the first half looked lopsided because his game plan called for a strong defence against the Americans at a cost of scoring chances for the Canadians. "There was a real emphasis on defending and when you put that mindset in you play it tight," Herdman said. "In the second half we loosened it up a bit." The game ended with the Americans putting nine shots on net compared to Canadas three. Herdman credited midfielder Diana Matheson as the teams best player. Matheson spent the game trading dribbles and passes with Wambach, Morgan and the other Americans around the halfway line. "She controlled things for us," Herdman said. Canada now has a 3-43-5 all-time record against the U.S., including a 1-0 extra-time loss in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The Canadians have not beaten the Americans since 2001. Canada and the U.S. are in different groups for the Olympic tournament, but, with the Americans defending gold-medal champions and the favourites in London, it seems likely Canada would face the daunting task of beating their rivals if they happen to reach the final. The Canadians will get five days off before departing for a pre-Olympic tournament in Switzerland and then moving on to London for the Olympics. [url=http://www.billsproshop.us.com/Womens-CJ-Spiller-Authentic-Jersey/]C.J. Spiller Jersey . The team says Adriano will have to stay inside the hotel at the teams headquarters at least through the weekend, eating only what doctors give him and practicing three times a day. Womens C.J. Spiller Elite Jersey . Milwaukees reserve infielder, who was called up from Triple-A Nashville six days ago, started at second base with Rickie Weeks sidelined by a sore wrist and hit his first career grand slam to help the Brewers beat the Chicago Cubs 8-2. http://www.wholesalejerseysdeals.com/... . Scott Cousins hit a grand slam for his first career home run, Brett Hayes added a three-run shot and the Florida Marlins beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 9-5 on Thursday night to finish off a three-game sweep. [url=http://www.michaelkors-blackfriday2014.com/]Michael kors Handbags Black Friday Deals .ca. Hi Kerry, I enjoy reading your column - hope you keep it up! In the final seconds of the third period of the Winnipeg/Montreal game, Brendan Gallagher looked like he was attempting to get back on-side. Colt... Schmidt Jersey . The Rock and Knighthawks will play Dec. 15 at the Bell Centre. It will be the first pro lacrosse played in the city since the short-lived Montreal Express left a decade ago. "The Quebec Lacrosse Federation got involved with this event because we want to contribute in a concrete way to getting a professional lacrosse franchise back in Montreal," federation director Pierre Filion said in a statement. MADRID, Spain -- Alberto Contador plans to make sure his two-year doping ban doesnt mark the end of his career. Contador on Tuesday vowed to return to the pinnacle of cycling, maintaining his innocence in the face of a verdict by sports highest court that stripped the Spanish star of his 2010 Tour de France title and blotted his illustrious career with a big doping stain. He said his lawyers are still considering whether to appeal his two-year ban -- which is retroactive and will expire in August -- and insisted that even if the punishment stands he will return to challenge for more Tour titles. "Im sure of one thing: I want to come back to ride the best races," Contador said at a news conference, making in his first comments since Mondays verdict ended an 18-month doping investigation that again highlighted cyclings long-standing problem with banned substances. Contador had previously hinted that he might quit if banned for testing positive for clenbuterol on his way to winning a third Tour title in 2010. The Spaniard had based his defence on a bad steak, saying he must have digested the clenbuterol -- a banned anabolic agent -- by eating contaminated meat that his team imported from Spain during the Tour. The Court of Arbitration for Sport didnt accept that excuse, saying it was more likely that it came from a food supplement. "Something doesnt work with the system," Contador said at a crowded news conference in his native Pinto, on the outskirts of Madrid. "My lawyers and I will fight as far as we need to demonstrate my innocence." Contador said his legal team are examining whether to appeal to Switzerlands supreme court, which is the only body he can still turn to in hopes of being exonerated. "Ive tried everything to understand this ruling, but I cannot. I cannot understand this ban they have handed me," said Contador, who underwent a lie-detector test during the doping investigation. "If there is anything else I can do to prove my innocence Id like to know.&qquot; Contador said the ordeal has left him disillusioned with the sport and that he would never recommend professional cycling to anyone. Cheap NFL Jerseys. "The only satisfaction I feel is that whatever decision was reached, the ruling never says I doped," Contador said during a 50-minute news conference that was often interrupted by rounds of applause and yells of "Contador" from supportive locals. "There was never an intention on my part." Contador would not comment on his financial situation, with the International Cycling Union looking to fine him C2.4 million ($3.25 million). His Saxo Bank-SunGard team boss Bjarne Riis said Tuesday that Contador would not be paid if he is not racing. Contador, who tested positive during a rest day at the 2010 Tour, will be stripped of all results from races in which he participated since Jan. 25, 2011 -- the day the Spanish federation proposed a one-year ban, which was squashed through appeal before being taken by the UCI and WADA to CAS. That includes his Giro dItalia victory last season. "They can take those two years and fine me but they can never take away my victories," said a defiant yet soft-spoken Contador. Contador is banned from riding until Aug. 6 and will miss this years Tour, Giro dItalia and Olympics in London. He did not say whether he will line up for the Spanish Vuelta, which starts on Aug. 18. Riis said the teams trust in Contador was "100 per cent intact," but Contadors future with the Danish team remains vague. "August is still a long time (away). If he wishes to continue with the team, our intention is the same," Riis said. "I would have no problem working with Alberto again. I have not seen a bike rider like him in many, many years, probably not since (Eddy) Merckx." Contador and Merckx are among only five cyclists to have won all three of cyclings major events during their career. Contador also won the Tour in 2007 and 09, and took the Giro and Spanish Vuelta in 2008. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes