Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ghth. NOTES: Former Tigers closer Fernando - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ghth. NOTES: Former Tigers closer Fernando

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/17 12:29AM
Latest post: 2014/10/17 12:29AM, Views: 215, Posts: 1
ghth. NOTES: Former Tigers closer Fernando
#1   2014/10/17 12:29AM
wff0605
SHANGHAI, China -- Andy Roddick rallied to beat Lu Yen-Hsun of Taiwan 6-2, 3-6, 6-2 Monday in the first round of the Shanghai Masters. nfl jerseys china . The 10th-seeded Roddick won the first set easily, but Lu picked up his game in the second set, rushing the net repeatedly and hitting 15 winners to eight for the American. The former U.S. Open champion then broke Lu twice in the third set to close out the match. Roddick was beaten by Lu in five sets in the fourth round of Wimbledon last year, the last time the two players met. But the Taiwanese player made too many mistakes Monday, committing 50 unforced errors, including seven double-faults. "He plays so high risk," Roddick said. "Overall, I thought it was pretty good, save four games." The 29-year-old Roddick has struggled to regain his form this season, losing in the third round at Wimbledon and pulling out of the French Open with an injury. His ranking has slipped to No. 15. Last week, he lost in the first round of the China Open in Beijing, falling in straight sets to Kevin Anderson of South Africa in a loss he later called "unacceptable." "Its been tough. Its been, I think, the toughest year Ive had. I feel like Ive been starting and stopping a lot," Roddick said. "You know, Im going to probably have to adjust how I go about things a little bit more. Running myself into a wall with work and everything else, I dont know that I can do that without getting hurt. Its happened numerous times this year. I might have to work smarter from now on." Also, Bernard Tomic of Australia overcame 25 aces from Anderson to beat the South African 7-6 (5), 6-7 (4), 6-3. Tomic won despite converting only one of 12 break points in the match. "Hes so tough because his serve, he gets his corners and gets you out of the court," said Tomic, who reached a career-high ranking of 49 this week. "Playing a lot of these guys, they serve one style. He serves every serve and serves well. You cant really get on his serve." David Nalbandian of Argentina beat Ernests Gulbis of Latvia 7-5, 6-4, Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria defeated Marsel Ilhan of Turkey 2-6, 6-1, 6-4, and Albert Montanes of Spain beat Mikhail Kukushkin of Kazakhstan 6-2, 5-7, 7-6 (5). The Shanghai tournament, the only Masters event on the ATP tours autumn Asian swing, has been hit by a number of withdrawals this year. Top-ranked Novak Djokovic pulled out to recover from a back injury and No. 3 Roger Federer is taking a six-week break to rest "nagging injuries." Robin Soderling, Juan Martin del Potro and Gael Monfils have also pulled out. Andy Murray, winner of two tournaments in the past two weeks, and Rafael Nadal, however, are both playing this week. Murray won the title in Shanghai last year, beating Federer in the final. wholesale nfl jerseys . Priscilla Lopes-Schliep and Perdita Felicien both failed to qualify for Canadas team bound for London in a dramatic womens 100-metre hurdles final that saw heptathlete Jessica Zelinka emerge the winner. wholesale jerseys . But watching Leafs goalie James Reimer go down Thursday night after taking a blow to the head brought back painful memories of something more serious. http://www.cheapnfljerseys2015.us.co... . Theyre nine games under .500, have a losing record at home and trail first place Boston by 10 and-a-half games in a season thats not quite five weeks old. [url=http://www.salechinajerseys.com/]cheap nfl jerseys . Cullen spent the past three seasons with Jacksonville. Before joining the Jaguars, Cullen was at Idaho State and spent three seasons (2006-08) with the Detroit Lions. Cioffi, who has 18 years of NFL experience to the Browns staff, was with Arizona the past two seasons. cheap jerseys . -- Their team back together again, Canada looked comfortable at the womens world curling championship as they closed in on a playoff spot.DETROIT -- Mark Trumbo isnt your typical seventh hitter. The Los Angeles Angels rookie proved that again Thursday, putting together the biggest game of his young career to help the Angels beat the Detroit Tigers 12-7. Trumbo homered and drove in a career-high five runs, and is now hitting .256 with 19 homers and 53 RBIs this season. "Power and production are what I need to do," he said. "Thats what first basemen are known for." He also tripled, doubled and scored three times. Needing a single for the cycle, he grounded out leading off the ninth inning. "I had an idea what I needed, because Im usually aware of what Ive done in the game," he said of his last at-bat. "It was in the back of my mind, and if it happened, great, but I had already produced in the game." Bobby Cassevah (1-0) worked 2 1-3 scoreless innings of relief for the win. "What Bobby did kept us in the game," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "That was just a big outing, and hopefully, hell keep contributing like that, because he has a big arm." Trumbo hit a two-run homer in the Angels three-run second. He tripled in the fourth and doubled in the seventh. Tigers manager Jim Leyland was ejected in the third for arguing that a pitch had hit Austin Jackson. "Thats a tough call for an umpire, because the knob of the bat and the hand come together, but Austin has a bruise the size of a baseball on his hand," Leyland said. "I talked to Jerry after the game, and theres no problem. It is just one of those things that happens. You have to defend your players." Los Angeles led 7-6 after six innings, then scored five times in the seventh. Tigers reliever David Purcey started the inning, but gave up a single and two walks without getting an out. Phil Coke came on and allowed a two-run singlee to Howie Kendrick and Trumbos two-run double. [url=http://www.2015rosherun.co.uk/Fluorescent-Green-Nike-Roshe-Run-Womens-Mesh-... Fluorescent Green Nike Roshe Run Mesh Shoes UK[/url]. After the Angels three-run second, the Tigers got a run back in the bottom of the inning on Miguel Cabreras 22nd homer -- a 428-foot drive that landed in the shrubbery above the centre-field fence. Detroit made it 3-2 on Brennan Boeschs RBI single in the third, but the Angels scored four more in the fourth. Kendrick started the inning with an infield single and Trumbo followed with a triple. Peter Bourjos hit his second double of the game to put Los Angeles up 5-2, which resulted in Tigers starter Brad Penny yelling at catcher Victor Martinez. The two were calmed down by pitching coach Jeff Jones, but Penny was pulled two batters later after Erick Aybars RBI single. Penny downplayed the incident, saying it was a discussion about how Martinez was calling the signs with a runner on second base, but the catcher refused to talk about the incident. "Next question," Martinez said. "Dont ask about that." Trumbo was startled by the argument. "Ive seen stuff like that before, but Ive never heard it as loud as that," he said. Penny (7-8) gave up seven runs and nine hits in 3 1-3 innings. Charlie Furbush allowed an RBI single to Torii Hunter, making it 7-2, but the Tigers scored four times in the bottom half. Jhonny Peralta and Boesch had RBI singles, while Andy Dirks drove in two runs with a base hit. Wilson Betemit finished the scoring with a homer off Scott Downs in the eighth. NOTES: Former Tigers closer Fernando Rodney was booed when he came in to pitch a 1-2-3 seventh inning. ... Tigers reliever Al Alburquerque did not pitch after being bothered by a sore elbow during Detroits visit to Chicago. Alburquerque was on the disabled list from June 30 to July 16 with the same problem. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes