Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

009 draft (79th overall), was hitting . - Country ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

009 draft (79th overall), was hitting .

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/16 12:40AM
Latest post: 2014/10/16 12:40AM, Views: 217, Posts: 1
009 draft (79th overall), was hitting .
#1   2014/10/16 12:40AM
wff0605
Jon Jones saw all the zeros next to Floyd Mayweather Jr. Michael kors Black Friday .s name. He knows how much money the worlds best boxer made while dominating his opponent last weekend. If Jones does something similar to Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165 in Toronto this weekend, he realizes the reward for being arguably the worlds top mixed martial artist is only a fraction of Mayweathers $40 million-plus payday. And it doesnt bother the UFC light heavyweight champion at all. "Im grateful to make the money I make," Jones said. "As a 26-year-old, I never would have imagined being in this position. And Im also a person that doesnt believe money is the key to life or happiness." Jones (18-1) is the UFCs main attraction at Air Canada Centre on Saturday when he steps into the octagon with Swedens Gustafsson (15-1), the latest 205-pounder to take a shot at ending Jones 2 1/2-year championship reign. If Jones wins, hell break Tito Ortizs promotion record with his sixth successful title defence. But MMAs probable pound-for-pound champion wont get anything near the jaw-dropping reward given to Mayweather for schooling Saul Alvarez. The financial disparities for the stars of these related sports have been topics of contention for years. But dont look for any indignation from Jones, who also has endorsement deals with Nike and Gatorade. The MMA champion and his two NFL-star brothers grew up on discounted school lunches, and hes willing to be patient with a young sport he picked up just six years ago. "Just being comfortable makes me happy," he said. "I dont need those type of paydays. Would it be nice? It would be great to get paid the way other pro athletes get paid. I believe it will come. Im just going to keep doing my part. ... If somebody is going to pay me over a million dollars to fight, do you think Im going to talk trash about that? No way. Im so happy. I think $40 million, thats like ridiculous, in a good way." UFC 165 also features interim bantamweight titlist Renan Barao, unbeaten in 30 straight fights since his pro debut in 2005, defending his belt against former WEC champ Eddie Wineland. Heavyweights Brendan Schaub and Matt Mitrione also meet. Just like Canelo, Gustafsson is the most logical challenger to a dominant champion. He has won six straight fights since his only career loss in April 2010, and nobody doubts he deserves the title shot given to him by UFC President Dana White. Although Jones is a heavy favourite to defeat Gustafsson, the challenger is among the few 205-pound contenders who can match Jones impressive frame. At 6-foot-5, Gustafsson is slightly taller than Jones, although the champions 84 1/2-inch wingspan is a bit broader. "Its not always about reach," said Gustafsson, who trains in Stockholm and San Diego. "Its about footwork. Its being fast, in and out. Stuff like that. Im really making sure Ive really done my homework here, and Im super motivated." But Jones is confident he can overcome any size similarities with his combination of study and skill. "Im really excited to prove that my size is just a really small part of what makes me, me," Jones said. "If my height was the reason for my dominance, I think half the NBA would be top guys in the UFC. Gustafsson, hes really nothing like me. "What gets me motivated is he hasnt had the life," Jones added. "He wants to be the top dog. A lot of the guys Ive fought before, theyve been there and they didnt appreciate it, and they lost it. Alexander has never been there, so theres a fire that Im sure he has that gets me fired up." Jones, who combs through his opponents interviews for threads to unravel their psyche, also said he found motivation for the fight in a Swedish interview in which Gustafsson called him an immature bully. So dominant for so long, its not surprising Jones has to go looking for new motivations -- and the next one after Gustafsson might be the next weight class. Jones has spent much of this promotion entertaining questions about his eventual move to heavyweight, even as he claims he plans to chase Anderson Silvas all-division record of 10 consecutive title defences. While Jones wont set a date for a move, hes already scoping out UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez, saying: "Theres some things I could do athletically that Cain has never seen before." "I want to do what makes the fans happy, and I know the fans want to see me take a heavyweight fight," Jones added. "My biggest goal was just to establish this record at light heavyweight, and once this record is established, the day after the fight, the 22nd, we can start thinking about whats going to be most interesting for the fans to see. "If Dana wants a certain fight that makes sense, after this fight would be the time to offer it to me." And while not even a pay-per-view meeting with Velasquez would be likely to match the Mayweather-Alvarez fights jaw-dropping $150 million in television sales, Jones abides. He thinks MMA is much like himself -- young, hungry and heading toward a lucrative future. "Right after the Mayweather fight, I got so many messages, and they were all the same: Now its time for a real fight," Jones said. "Its official, boxing is over, Mayweather is the only guy that matters left in the sport. After Mayweather, the sport is officially gone. It just seems like the fans are so ready for MMA to be bigger. It seems like in the fans eyes, this is the fight sport. I just think its going to take more time. What weve been able to do in our short history is remarkable." wholesale nfl jerseys . Off-Season Game Plan looks at a Canadiens team that has been re-energized by young talent and should have a lot of continuity going into next season. One of the most remarkable facets of Montreals success last season is that they finished with such a strong record despite subpar goaltending. Michael kors Black Friday Deals . Coming off just their third victory of the month, the Marlins and red-hot ace Anibal Sanchez try to take the rubber match of tonights three-game series at Safeco Field. With the popular rock band U2 taking over Sun Life Stadium back in Florida, the Marlins are playing as the home team in Seattles Safeco Field. http://www.nflcheapjerseywhole... . Ray Allen and Shane Battier combined for 24 points in the fourth quarter, and the Heat scored the first 13 points of the period to erase Atlantas 10-point lead and beat the Hawks 103-90 on Wednesday night for their eighth straight win. [url=http://www.salechinajerseys.com/]cheap jerseys .C. Lions. It was the third straight win for Saskatchewan (11-5), which can now finish no lower than second in the CFLs West Division. The Riders secured at least the chance to host the CFLs West Division semifinal by virtue of holding the tiebreaker against B. cheap jerseys . He crashed on Sunday and underwent surgery to pin four fractures of his right collarbone. The Swiss rider expects to resume training next week and skip the remaining spring classics one-day races.Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - The Chicago Cubs placed infielder Jeff Baker on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a left groin strain and selected the contract of infielder D.J. LeMahieu from Double-A Tennessee. Baker is batting .368 in 31 games for the Cubs this season with one home run and 14 RBI. The 222-year-old LeMahieu, who was selected in the second round of the 2009 draft (79th overall), was hitting . cheap nfl jerseys. 358 in 50 games for Tennessee this year with two homers and 27 RBI. To make room for LeMahieu on the 40-man roster, the Cubs designated pitcher Jeff Stevens for assignment. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes