Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

de the score 3-0. Andy LaRoche led off the eighth ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

de the score 3-0. Andy LaRoche led off the eighth with a single th

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/07 07:40AM
Latest post: 2014/10/07 07:40AM, Views: 290, Posts: 1
de the score 3-0. Andy LaRoche led off the eighth with a single th
#1   2014/10/07 07:40AM
wff0605
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- For the first four games of the season, just about everybody was playing well for Ohio State except LaQuinton Ross. nfl jerseys china . On Saturday, he was one of the few Buckeyes who had a good game -- and it made a world of difference. Ross scored four of his career-high 23 points in a 10-0 second-half run, leading No. 5 Ohio State past Central Connecticut State 74-56. "I knew I was going to come around eventually," Ross said after hitting 9 of 13 shots from the field and adding six rebounds and an assist. "Ive been playing basketball all my life. Everybody goes through situations, struggles, out there on the court. It was just something I had to get through. I knew I would get through it eventually." After shooting 22 per cent from the field at the start of the season, Ross is shooting 63 per cent over his last three games. On a day when the Buckeyes (8-0) were lethargic at both ends, his shooting kept them in the lead and eventually put the game out of reach. "Our mindset wasnt right," said Lenzelle Smith, who scored 12 of his 17 points in the second half. "It was just us. We werent ready to play when we came out of the tunnel." The Blue Devils (2-6) certainly were. Their 3-2 zone befuddled the Buckeyes. They got back quickly to snuff Ohio States transition game. And they took their time on offence, working for good shots while shooting 46 per cent for the game. "We came in here knowing Ohio State is as good as any team in the country," coach Howie Dickenman said. "We wanted to gain some respect; I thought we gained some respect." The Buckeyes had won the only previous meeting between the teams in the first round of the 2007 NCAA tournament. The top-ranked Buckeyes, behind Greg Odens 19 points and 10 rebounds, beat the Blue Devils 78-57. Ohio State would advance to the national championship game, losing to defending champion Florida. The Blue Devils scored six of the last eight points in the first half to cut a 14-point deficit to 38-29. "It was sarcasm and angry at the same time," Ross said of coach Thad Mattas halftime talk in the locker room. "He tried to keep cool because he feels like were a veteran team and some of the mistakes we were making we shouldnt have made. I know for a fact he was upset. I think the whole team knew it." Ahead 38-29 at the break, the Buckeyes had difficulty finishing off the pesky Blue Devils. The lead hovered around 10 points until Ohio State broke free from a 49-41 lead with a quick run. It started with a steal by Amedeo Della Valle that led to Smiths dunk. After a CCSU miss, Sam Thompson hit a baseline jumper and, following a Blue Devils turnover, Aaron Craft fought through the traffic in the lane for a spinning layup that made it 55-41 -- matching Ohio States biggest lead to that point. Soon after, the Buckeyes forced a shot-clock violation and Ross muscled inside for a bucket. He then stole the ball near midcourt and drove coast to coast for another layup and an 18-point lead. The Blue Devils never seriously threatened again. Faronte Drakeford led them with 12 points and Matt Mobley added 10. CCSU outrebounded the Buckeyes 29-28 and didnt back down in the paint at either end. Matta said he hoped his team gained from the game. "Honestly, I said this is one we have to learn from it, but by the same token you have to wash it down the drain in the shower," he said he told the team afterward. "We must be a better basketball team (in our next game) than we were today." A crowd of 13,640 was as reserved as the Buckeyes most of the game. Maybe it was the lack of students, a midlevel opponent, the frosty weather outside or Ohio States impending Big Ten football championship game on Saturday night, but there were long stretches when the crowd was relatively quiet. Smith was asked if he would be watching the Buckeyes second-ranked football team go for the conference title in Indianapolis against Michigan State. "Absolutely!" he said with a laugh. cheap nfl jerseys . Dexter Fowler had two hits in his first start in the cleanup spot and Nolan Arenado added an RBI double as the Rockies caught Arizona in the standings. The Diamondbacks entered the day tied with San Francisco for first in the NL West. Cheap Jerseys From China . For a player that was looked upon derisively by Raptors fans only 11 weeks ago, his turnaround (as a result of his strong play all summer) has been as swift as has been thorough. Its hard to encounter anyone who has watched Valanciunas this summer who has not come away impressed by the ultra-aggressive seven-footer. http://www.cheapjerseysmart.us/ . LOUIS -- Antti Niemi thinks the San Jose Sharks have finally found the key to beating the St. Cheap Jerseys Deals . Cody Ceci grew up in Orleans in the east end of Ottawa about 30 minutes from Canadian Tire Centre. cheap jerseys . This is the second year the tournament is part of the official European Tour schedule. It was scheduled for Dec. 12-15 at Mount Edgecombe Country Club. The European Tour and Sunshine Tour say it now will start Wednesday and end Saturday. Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Mike Aviles hit a game-winning sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth to give the Royals a 4-3 victory over the Athletics in the second of a three-game set. Joakim Soria (2-0) received the win when he pitched a scoreless ninth inning to give the Royals their sixth victory in their last eight games. Brandon McCarthy (1-3) took the complete-game loss in 8 1/3 innings where he allowed four runs, seven hits and two walks. He also struck out three in Oaklands third loss in its last five games. Its better if you complete a game and you dont give up any runs. Its a pretty good way to get a win, but as long as I keep going deep and keep things close, do what Im supposed to do, things on that will turn around, said McCarthy. The Royals led off the bottom of the ninth with back-to-back singles by Billy Butler and Jeff Francoeur. The As then intentionally walked Eric Hosmer to load the bases, and Aviles hit a fly ball to shallow left field. The throw of Ryan Sweeney, who replaced Josh Willingham in left after he was ejected from the game for arguing a called third strike, failed to beat pinch-runner Jarrod Dyson home for the game-winning run. wholesale nfl jerseys. . When you know whos on third base, you kind of know all you need to do there, and I know I just had to get the ball somewhere in the outfield. With Dysons speed, were definitely getting a run, said Aviles. Matt Treanor and Alcides Escobar led off the sixth with back-to-back singles and advanced to second and third on a sacrifice bunt by Chris Getz. Melky Cabrera followed with a single that bounced off of shortstop Cliff Penningtons glove and scored Treanor. Alex Gordon then hit a single to bring home Escobar. Butlers sac fly plated Cabrera and made the score 3-0. Andy LaRoche led off the eighth with a single that forced Royals starter, Luke Hochevar from the game. Aaron Crow entered in relief and pinch-hitter Sweeney followed with a single to center field. Pennington then homered to right to knot the game at three. Hochevar went seven-plus innings, allowing one run on four hits and no walks while striking out three for the Royals. GAME NOTES:Kansas City is now 15-7 at home this season...Oakland went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position...Both teams left five men on base. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes