Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_plac - Countr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_plac

Started by wff0605, 2014/10/01 10:08PM
Latest post: 2014/10/01 10:08PM, Views: 410, Posts: 1
/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_plac
#1   2014/10/01 10:08PM
wff0605
VANCOUVER -- Staying in a city he knows, on a team with a chance to win the Stanley Cup, was worth taking a cut in pay for Sami Salo. cheap jerseys From China . The veteran Vancouver Canuck defenceman agreed to a US$2-million, one-year contract extension prior to becoming a free agent Friday. The native of Turku, Finland, earned $3.5 million last year. "I felt we have a really good chance of doing something special, like we did last year," Salo said during a telephone conference call from his cottage in Finland. "We know its a long road to get where we were last year. "I felt there was a really good chance to do it again." The Canucks dipped into the free-agent market to sign forward Marco Sturm. The 32-year-old from Dingolfing, Germany, split the season between Los Angeles and Washington last year, scoring a combined five goals and 11 assists in 35 games. The Canucks also signed forward Chris Higgins to a $3.8-million, two-year deal. The six-foot, 205-pound Higgins earned $1.6 million last season. As well, the Canucks signed forward Andrew Ebbett to a one-year, one-way, contract worth $525,000. The 28-year-old Ebbett is a four-year NHL veteran whos spent time with the Phoenix Coyotes, Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks. Forward Raffi Torres left Vancouver for a $3.5-million, two-year contract with the Coyotes. Thats an increase from the $1 million the Canucks paid him last year. Salo, who turns 37 in September, battled back from a career-threatening Achilles tendon tear last season. In 27 regular-season games he had three goals and four assists. He appeared in 21 playoff games during Vancouvers run to the Stanley Cup final, scoring three goals and adding two assists. In the past, players like Kevin Bieksa, Ryan Kesler and twins Daniel and Henrik Sedin have all taken less money than they might have got somewhere else to stay in Vancouver. Salo admitted he thought about testing the free-agent market, where some players signed big deals Friday. At the end of the day, he decided Vancouver was the best fit. "I am happy for guys that got big deals, they deserve them," said Salo. "I was happy with my deal. I am in the latter part of my career. I know we have a real good team. "Sometimes it takes different measures from different guys. Some guys take pay cuts, some guys get raises." Canuck management had indicated they wanted Salo back. Its believed the delay in reaching a deal was Salo wanted a longer term. Salo indicated he wants to keep playing past next season. "I felt I had at least a few more years in the NHL," he said. "In the end, I was able to get a one-year deal with the Canucks. "I will see how I feel after this year." At six-foot-three and 215 pounds, Salo can play physical. He also has a booming shoot, which adds some bite to the Canuck power play. All of Salos goals during the playoffs came on the power play, including two in one game against the San Jose Sharks when Vancouver scored three power-play goals in 1:55. Injuries have plagued Salo his entire career. Its estimated hes suffered 37 injuries, costing him over 250 games during his 12-year career in Vancouver and Ottawa. He was even bitten by a snake on a golf course once. With Salo signed, the Canucks have eight defenceman. During the season-ending news conference Mike Gillis, the Canucks general manager, talked about reducing Salos minutes to help him stay healthy. "My goal is to put the body in the best shape and prepare myself to play 82 games," said Salo. "What comes along, you cant control." Salo started his career with Ottawa in 1998. He was traded to Vancouver in September 2002 for Peter Schaefer. In 692 career NHL games for Ottawa and Vancouver, Salo has 84 goals and 280 points. The Canucks picked up Higgins at the trade deadline from Florida. In 14 regular season games the 28-year-old native of Smithtown, N.Y., had two goals and three assists. During the playoffs he scored four goals and eight points in 25 games. Higgins has 105 goals and 91 assists in 411 career games with Montreal, the New York Rangers, Calgary, Florida and Vancouver. . The seventh-seeded Romanian had six aces and broke for a 2-0 lead in the second set of the clay-court final. She fought off two break points in the last game before closing out the match with two forehand winners to win the first of four career finals. [url=http://www.shopjerseyssteelers.com/53-black-maurkice-pouncey-limited-home-j... Maurkice Pouncey Limited Youth Jersey . He finally joined in Friday night. Dempster returned from his suspension for hitting Alex Rodriguez with a pitch and worked into the seventh inning, leading the Red Sox over the Chicago White Sox 4-3 for their fifth victory in six games. http://www.overalljersey.com/ . 21-year-old rookie Jake Gardiner is seemingly never tired, despite the heavy minutes hes logging this season for the Leafs. wholesale jerseys . Cook (2-5) scattered six hits, struck out two and walked two in his longest outing of an injury-delayed season. The 32-year-old right-hander, who missed the first three months with a broken finger on his pitching hand, has won consecutive starts after going 0-5 with a 5. Michael kors Handbags Black Friday Deals .E.I. -- Nova Scotias Colleen Pinkney needed 11 ends to hold off a late rally by Saskatchewans Cathy Inglis and remain undefeated at the Canadian senior curling championships with a 9-7 win Wednesday.HAMBURG, Germany -- German media reports say Hamburger SV has fired Thorsten Fink as coach following the teams disappointing start to the Bundesliga. Bild is reporting that Hamburg sports director Oliver Kreuzer informed the 45-year-old Fink he was being fired late on Monday. The Hamburger Abendblatt newspaper reports on its website that Hamburg is already in talks with former Hertha Berlin and Hoffenheim coach Markus Babbel as a successor. [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2hhkv2/any_one_know_a_good_place_to_pi... jerseys[/url]. There was no official confirmation from the club. Hamburg was routed 6-2 by Borussia Dortmund on Saturday and was humbled 5-1 at home by Hoffenheim earlier in the season. The team has conceded 15 goals and secured just four points from five matches. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes