Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

contusion. ...Left-hander Brett Cecil (4-5, 4.31 -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

contusion. ...Left-hander Brett Cecil (4-5, 4.31

Started by lili, 2014/06/04 10:44PM
Latest post: 2014/06/04 10:44PM, Views: 225, Posts: 1
contusion. ...Left-hander Brett Cecil (4-5, 4.31
#1   2014/06/04 10:44PM
lili
HOUSTON -- James Harden peeked at the television in the Houston Rockets locker room after their 93-89 victory over the Chicago Bulls and saw Jeremy Lin featured in a car commercial. Lin was noticeably absent from the spotlight at the end of the actual game, following another poor shooting night. Harden scored 28 points, Patrick Patterson added 20 and the Rockets snapped a three-game losing streak by beating the Bulls on Wednesday night. "Defensively, we played pretty well," Harden said. "Thats what kept us in the game. Offensively, at times, we struggled, but our defence really locked in at key moments down the stretch." Toney Douglas, who replaced Lin late in the game, swished a 3-pointer and sank two free throws in the final 1:11 as Houston won for the 33rd consecutive time when holding its opponent below 90 points, the NBAs longest current streak. Lin went 2 for 9 and scored only four points in his final game before facing his former team when the New York Knicks visit on Friday. He came in shooting 34 per cent from the field and 24 per cent from 3-point range. "Im happy because we had lost three in a row and needed a win," Lin said. "Me, in terms of how Im playing, Im a little disappointed in myself. Its just a matter of continuing to fight, continuing to get better." Lin went 5 for 15 in a loss in Utah on Monday night, and he was 15 for 50 overall from the field over his previous five games. He was getting the shots he likes on Wednesday night, they just werent falling. "It was just one of those things where I havent had the rhythm Ive wanted to have," Lin said. "Thatll come over time." Nate Robinson scored 21 off the bench, Luol Deng added 19 and Carlos Boozer had 13 points and 15 rebounds for the Bulls, whove lost three in a row for the first time in Tom Thibodeaus three seasons as coach. The Bulls forced 23 Houston turnovers and outrebounded the Rockets 48-45, but went 2 for 16 from 3-point range and struggled to find any offensive flow. "There are a lot of things we need to do," Deng said. "Weve just got to put a whole 48 minutes together, just got to stay mentally strong. Weve got to get a win and get it rolling again." Robinson had the highlight of the game, spinning around Lin in midair for a layup with five minutes left to put the Bulls up 81-79. Robinson swished a 3-pointer on Chicagos next possession, and Lin went to the bench. Douglas guarded Robinson after that, and Robinson only scored two points the rest of the way. "I felt like Toney gave us our best chance to win," Houston interim coach Kelvin Sampson said. "He was a better matchup with Nate." The Bulls offence bogged down at the end, and Douglas 3-pointer with 1:11 remaining put Houston up 86-84. The Rockets acquired Douglas in a trade that sent Marcus Camby to New York in July. "He works so hard," Harden said of Douglas. "He had the courage to step into that shot and shoot it." The Bulls got two offensive rebounds, but Robinson flipped a wild pass from under the basket that hit Dengs hands and went out of bounds. Douglas sank two free throws and former Bulls centre Omer Asik blocked Noah on a drive. Chicago has lost three in a row for the first time since a 10-game slide between Feb. 27 and March 19, 2010. The Bulls held a team under 100 points for the first time in five games, but couldnt get the stops when they absolutely needed them. "Our defence is not what it used to be," Noah said. "Its not what it was last year, thats for sure. We have to do better. Losing three in a row is unacceptable. Were better than that." The Bulls led the league in scoring defence last season (88.2 points per game), and Thibodeau is seeing inconsistency this year. "The big thing on defence is everyone has responsibility," he said. "We have to stay disciplined and we have to stay attached and we cant make things up. The fourth quarter is different. Your intensity is higher and you have to stay disciplined." Notes: Chandler Parsons had 18 points and a career-high 13 rebounds for Houston. ... Harden tied a career high with five steals. ... The Rockets have won the last two meetings with Chicago after losing the previous five. ... Boozer has three double-doubles in his last four games. Wholesale nfl jerseys. Inducted into the Hall of Fame last summer after a 19-year career with the Cincinnati Reds, Larkin told The Associated Press in a phone interview Wednesday that players who cheat shouldnt receive baseballs highest individual honour. cheap jerseys. The historians will record the seeds of doubt were sown four months before that opening 2-1 reversal on June 26th at the hands of the hosts and the then World Champion Germans with a very public feud between the governing body and a team that as a bargaining tool announced a willingness back in early February 2011 to go on strike in support of their beleaguered coach Carolina Morace. http://www.jerseysgod.com/. Luis Cruz doubled home the go-ahead run in his second game with the Dodgers and stole home on the next pitch, leading Los Angeles to a 3-1 victory over Johnny Cueto and the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night. cheap nfl jerseys. And now the Western Conference finals are suddenly up for grabs. What once seemed like the continuation of one of the most dominant runs in NBA history has turned into a genuine toss-up of a series after the Thunder stopped San Antonios perfect stretch with two convincing victories in half a week. cheap jerseys from china.C. United on Thursday. In return, Vancouver received a third-round choice in the 2015 Major League Soccer SuperDraft. TORONTO -- Toronto manager John Farrell did a juggling act with his lineup to break the Blue Jays out of its hitting funk. It seemed to have worked Saturday as Adam Lind hit a grand slam and drove in five runs and Ricky Romero allowed two hits over seven innings in a 11-2 rout over the Los Angeles Angels and their ace Jered Weaver. The victory moved the Blue Jays to 60-59 and snapped them out of a slump that saw them lose three of their four previous games on the home stand including a 5-1 loss to the Angels on Friday. "I think it showed a lot, with us coming out and swinging the bat the way we did," Farrell said. The slam in Torontos five-run fifth was the 20th homer of the season for Lind and the 100th of his career. Edwin Encarnacion, who had three RBIs for the game, and Mark Teahen also homered for the Blue Jays who scored eight of their runs against Weaver in 4 2/3 innings. "In Adams case that was his 100th home run and whether or not he paid too much attention to that number, its good to see it behind him now," Farrell said. "Even in his last at-bat when he tapped out to the pitcher, there were some swings in there we havent seen in quite awhile." It was Linds first homer since July 26. "The way I had been feeling I honestly thought (No. 100) would never happen," he said. "But I just got a pitch, was aggressive with it, and hit a granny." Weaver (14-6) entered the game with a 1.78 earned-run average for the Angels (65-55) who have been contending because of their strong pitching. Weaver finished his outing with a 2.13 ERA. It was his first start since Aug. 5 because of a suspension that he was serving for his actions in a game against the Detroit Tigers. "The command wasnt there, everything was kind of flat, nothing was really sharp," Weaver said. "Usually I have a pitch I can go to to get me out of situations and I really didnt have that today. "Its going to happen two or three times a year." He tried to keep sharp with the extra time between starts by throwing more pitches in his bullpen sessions. "But when youre not out there in a game situation its a little tough to get a feel for it," he said. "No excuses, youve got to go out there and battle even though you dont have your best stuff." The eight runs allowed by Weaver equalled his career high, which he had allowed twice before. Romero (11-9) allowed one run, two hits, both in the fifth including Alberto Callaspos homer, and two walks in his 98-pitch outing. He lowered his ERA to 2.87. "Just being consistent, throwing strikes, getting quick outs and getting deep into games," Romero ssaid.dddddddddddd "Theres really no other formula. Im kind of just going out there and competing. I think the key for me every time I go deep into games is strike one. Thats big with me and when I do that I feel like Im in control." Encarnacion, who batted third with Jose Bautista not in the starting lineup, hit his 11th homer of the season in the first inning to put the Blue Jays into an early 2-0 lead against Weaver. It also scored Yunel Escobar who led off with a single and was sacrificed to second by Eric Thames. The Blue Jays tacked on a run in the second when centre-fielder Rajai Davis and second baseman John McDonald hit two-out doubles. They were playing for Colby Rasmus and Aaron Hill respectively. Romero escaped some potential trouble in the first inning when he allowed one-out walks to Peter Bourjos and Torii Hunter. But he ended the inning on Mark Trumbos double-play grounder. Callaspo led off the fifth with a homer and Howie Kendrick followed with an infield single but the Angels did nothing else against Romero. Romero has gone at least seven innings in five consecutive starts. He had three strikeouts against the Angels. "I get my strikeouts here and there but I think Im at my best when Im getting ground ball outs," he said. "I think that has been the case the past few weeks. A lot of ground ball outs and a lot of quick outs. Today, we had some big innings and I was able to go out there, set them down in order and we got back to hitting." The Blue Jays answered the Angels one run with five in the bottom of the fifth that featured the second grand slam of the season for Lind and the third of his career. Weaver loaded the bases for Lind on Escobars one-out double and walks to Thames and Encarnacion. Lind cleared the bases on the first pitch. Teahen, who played right field in his first start since he being obtained in a trade from the White Sox, followed Linds slam with his first homer for Toronto to end Weavers outing. The Angels scored in the ninth against Luis Perez on Hunters triple and Trumbos sacrifice fly to centre. Notes: Attendance at Rogers Centre was 27,185. ...Former Blue Jays centre fielder Vernon Wells who started in left field on Friday for the Angels was in right field on Saturday with Hunter used as designated hitter and Kendrick in left... Mathis had a knot on his left hand but a scan after the game was negative and the injury is listed as a contusion. ...Left-hander Brett Cecil (4-5, 4.31 earned-run average) will start for the Blue Jays Sunday in the finale of the three-game series with Dan Haren (12-6, 2.91 ERA) will go for the Angels. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes