Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

cards. They are expected to move Graham Zusi int -...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

cards. They are expected to move Graham Zusi int

Started by lili, 2014/06/01 08:15AM
Latest post: 2014/06/01 08:15AM, Views: 332, Posts: 1
cards. They are expected to move Graham Zusi int
#1   2014/06/01 08:15AM
lili
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants were all over Mark Sanchez. They got to Tim Tebow, too. With the Jets offence struggling and the Giants defence in midseason form, this turned out to be a preseason mismatch. Rookie Jayron Hosley returned an interception of Sanchez 77 yards for a touchdown, and the defending Super Bowl champions got seven sacks while stifling the Jets in a 26-3 victory over their hometown rivals Saturday night. "We played good," Giants defensive end Justin Tuck said. "Still a preseason game, still got a lot of things to learn from, but I think we played fast. We played decisive." Lawrence Tynes kicked four field goals, and former Rutgers fullback Joe Martinek had a 14-yard touchdown catch from Ryan Perrilloux for the Giants (1-1), who never trailed. Eli Manning and the rest of the offensive starters for the Giants (No. 3 in the AP Pro32) were mostly quiet, too, but they didnt need much to win on this night. "We have a lot more to fix than the Giants do, clearly," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. Both teams struggled on third downs, with the Giants going 2 for 13 and the Jets 1 for 13. But the Jets (0-2) had some costly penalties and just couldnt give their quarterbacks much time to do anything. Embattled right tackle Wayne Hunter got manhandled for four sacks -- including two by Jason Pierre-Paul -- although one was negated by a penalty. "As a defensive line, we were able to get some pressure," Tuck said. "And thats really what we need to do if we want to be a good defence. Defensively, as a whole, we played pretty well. We were able rush the quarterback. ... Its a step in the right direction, a plus for us." Sanchez finished 9 of 11 for 59 yards and the costly interception, but was under pressure on nearly every play. "Mark threw the ball well tonight," Ryan said, "but its hard to throw when youre flat on your back." Sanchez was also without injured wide receivers Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley and Chaz Schilens, and it showed. Through two preseason games, the Jets have failed to score a touchdown. "We struggled," Sanchez said. "We were good in spurts, but I know we can play better than that up front. I know we can block those four-man rush looks. Ive seen our guys do it. And, I know we have the right personnel." Tebow, with his elusiveness and knack for comebacks, couldnt even help the Jets (No. 14) in his home debut. He led them to their only points of the night on a 30-yard field goal by Josh Brown, but was sacked four times and finished 5 of 14 for 69 yards. Hosley, a third-round pick out of Virginia Tech, had the biggest play when he gave the Giants a 13-0 lead on his long interception return with 2:03 left in the opening half. With the Jets finally moving the ball, Sanchez tried to get a short pass to Patrick Turner, but Hosley stepped in front of the toss that was slightly behind the receiver and ran down the sideline untouched. "When I threw the ball, I thought it was really accurate," Sanchez said. "You miss on one play and thats what can happen." What made the play even more remarkable was the fact that Hosley appeared to injure his right foot on the return. He was wearing a walking boot after the game. He wasnt sure of the extent of the injury, and expected to have more tests Sunday. Ryan joked that his teams offence would be "vanilla with some sprinkles" -- and he wasnt kidding. The Jets started slowly and never really got going as the Giants front seven played like the group that helped lead them to the Super Bowl title last season. The Jets managed just 148 net yards, including 65 on the ground. "We were able to stop the run," Tuck said, "and when that happens, its kind of like a feeding frenzy with our D-ends." Tebow came in to a mixed reaction -- cheers from Jets fans and boos from the loads of Giants fans in attendance -- and appeared to energize the team. But he had a shot at his first touchdown on second-and-20 from the 29 and short-hopped a pass to a wide-open Stephen Hill in the end zone. "I wanted to throw it to the pylon and low," Tebow said, "but I didnt want to throw it that low." The Jets settled for Browns field goal that bounced off the right upright and over the crossbar to cut the deficit to 16-3 with 3:26 left in the third quarter. It was the teams first meeting since Christmas Eve, when Victor Cruzs 99-yard catch helped send the Giants on their Super Bowl run and the Jets into a disappointing off-season without a playoff appearance. Tynes gave the Giants a 3-0 lead with a 35-yard field goal on a 12-play drive that was kept alive by a personal foul penalty on the Jets Joe McKnight -- a sign of things to come for the home team. The running back rolled into punter Steve Weatherford and turned a fourth-and-5 from the Jets 25 to a first-and-10 from the 40. McKnight got an earful from Jets special teams co-ordinator Mike Westhoff on the sideline after the play. Manning finished 7 of 14 for 62 yards, and was intercepted by LaRon Landry. "I thought we had a couple good drives and moved the ball," Manning said. "We converted some third downs, had some opportunities, but didnt get in the end zone. Whenever you play the Jets, youre always going against a great defence." NOTES: Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw left the game after a cyst popped on his right hand, but X-rays were negative and he said he would be fine. LB Mark Herzlich suffered a hip pointer, and DE Adrian Tracy tweaked a hamstring on the Jets opening series of the half, and didnt return. ... Giants DE Adewale Ojomo, an undrafted free agent, had two sacks. ... Jets P T.J. Conley had punts of 19 and 23 yards in the fourth quarter. ... It was the Giants largest margin of victory over the Jets -- preseason or regular season. cheap jerseys from china . The world No. 1 Djokovic recovered from his five-set marathon in the fourth round and claimed a 6-1, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 victory over former Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych after the fourth-seeded Ferrer had rallied from a two-set and a break deficit to stave off fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, 4-6, 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 for his 500th career match win. cheap jerseys .C. Lions linebacker Solomon Elimimian arrived back in Vancouver Monday night. http://www.cheapjerseys360.com/ . -- Tom Brady cant stop smiling these days. cheap nfl jerseys . Far from a must-win, it certainly was a welcomed one for the New York Yankees and their ace. wholesale jerseys . Calvillo completed 64-of-97 passes for 1,024 yards and seven TDs over that span, throwing for at least 300 yards in each contest. Edmonton linebacker J.C. Sherritt was named the leagues top defensive player of the month for the second straight time.MONTREAL -- The dream of making the Major League Soccer playoffs in their expansion season is fading for the Montreal Impact, but they arent giving up hope just yet. In seventh place in the Eastern Conference, the Impact will need to run the table in the four games left in their regular season and hope that the Houston Dynamo, who hold the fifth and final playoff spot, and the sixth-place Columbus Crew both falter down the stretch. It will be tough enough for Montreal (12-15-3) just to win their next game as they face the Eastern Conference leader, Sporting Kansas City (16-7-6), at a sold-out Saputo Stadium on Saturday afternoon. A 2-0 victory over the Red Bulls in New York on Wednesday gave Kansas City a 5-0-2 record in their least seven games. "They pressure teams for 90 minutes," said Impact captain Davy Arnaud, a former Kansas City skipper. "Physically, theyre very good. They can wear you down. "Even though they played (on Wednesday) I dont expect them to be anything less than what theyve shown recently. They want to get first place in the conference and try to win the Supporters Shield (first place overall). I think thats their goal now." The Impact raised their fans hopes with a five-game winning run in August, but they lost their last two games on the road against conference rivals -- 2-0 in Columbus and 3-1 last Saturday in Chicago -- to fall to seven points out of a playoff position. "We realize the situation in terms of the table right now, but in terms of our approach, it wont change," added Arnaud. Kansas City will put one of the leagues best road records (8-4-2) up against a Montreal squad that sports one of the top home marks (10-3-2). The irony is that in their two meetings this season, Montreal and Sporting have each won in the others stadium, with the Impact taking a 2-0 decision at Kansas City on May 5 and losing 3-1 at home on July 4. "Theyve had success on the road because they press, they dont just sit back," said Montreal coach Jesse Marsch. "Were ready to deal with that. "We can also feel that even when they press we can open up space ourselves and play a bit.dddddddddddd But on top of that, theyre a team thats extremely dangerous on set pieces, so everything from long throw-ins to free kicks to corners will be a big determiner of the outcome." Montreal has not scored off a free kick this season while Kansas City has tallied five. The Impact will be without oft-injured central defender Nelson Rivas, who had a flare-up of a lingering knee problem, but the club has become used to shuffling its back line. The likely starters will be Italian veterans Alessandro Nesta and Matteo Ferrari in the middle, with Hassoun Camara on the left side and Jeb Brovsky on the right. Ferrari is a natural central defender who has looked like a fish out of water at fullback in recent games and will likely welcome the move. "If you went through the season, there would be so may back lines and so any changes," said Marsch. "The group has done well with the changes. Each guy stepped in and understood the role and done a good job. So I think these four will do well." They will also have midfielder Justin Mapp back in the lineup on the left side. The veteran came on as a substitute in Chicago in his first game since he injured a hamstring on Aug. 12. He does not expect to play a full match, and speedy Sanna Nyassi will likely be ready to go in from the bench. "I feel good," Mapp said. "I dont know about 90 minutes after being out for a while, but we have a deep team if I get fatigued." Striker Marco Di Vaio has scored one goal in each of the last four games and has five in his last six matches. Forward Bernardo Corradi returned from Italy this week after having season-ending knee surgery. He told reporters he is not sure if he will be back next season. Kansas City will be without midfielder Roger Espinoza, who is suspended one game for accumulating yellow cards. They are expected to move Graham Zusi into the middle behind striker C.J. Sapong. It will be Montreals last home game until they end the regular season at Saputo Stadium on Oct. 27 against New England. Their next two are on the road at Houston Oct. 6 and Toronto Oct. 20. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes