Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Tencent Holdings - Off Topic Forum. - Country Mus...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Tencent Holdings

Started by DMT, 2018/06/12 01:50AM
Latest post: 2018/06/12 01:50AM, Views: 42, Posts: 1
Tencent Holdings
#1   2018/06/12 01:50AM
DMT
China's forward Zhou Peng (No.10) and center Zhou Qi (No.10) defend against USA's guard Demar Derozan during on Saturday at the Rio Olympic Games. Photo: CFP
Zhou Qi has been touted as possibly the next Yao Ming since the Houston Rockets drafted the 20-year-old Chinese center with the 43rd overall pick in June's NBA Draft.

But the 2.17-meter prospect still has some work to do , based on three games for China against the United States Olympic team of NBA stars, who ripped China 119-62 on Saturday in a group-stage Rio Olympic opener.

Zhou was contained to three points, all from free throws, and an 0-for-2 shooting effort from the floor over -nearly 18 minutes by a swarming, defense--minded US team.

"Their team defense gave us a hard time, stopping us from what we wanted to do [url=http://www.oldskoolshoesaustralia.com/vans-old-skool-reptile-light-grey-bla... Old Skool Reptile Light Grey Black For Sale
," Chinese center Wang Zhelin said through a translator.

It was a far cry from Zhou's team-high 13 points in a 107-57 loss to the USA squad 11 days ago, which brought hope that he might quickly step into a key role with the Rockets. The Xinjiang Flying Tigers center has led the Chinese league in blocked shots the past two seasons, but his contract could be bought out next year, giving him the chance to play for the same squad where Chinese giant Yao became an NBA star.

"He's going to be very good," said US coach Mike Krzyzewski. "He has all the skills necessary - he's friendly with the ball, seven feet tall , he picked up the physicality, he was trying to be physical. I mentioned this morning with my staff, I said, 'You know Qi is getting better.'"

He burst on the scene at the 2011 world junior tournament by scoring 41 points, grabbing 28 rebounds and blocking 15 shots in a semifinal triumph over Germany.

"Mentally, every time our guys face USA [url=http://www.oldskoolshoesaustralia.com/vans-old-skool-eclipse-white-restock.... Old Skool Blue White Shoes Australia
, they have weakness and disadvantage," China coach Gong Luming said through a translator. "When things go against us on the court in the game, our guys fall into the trap that they are not able to do the things they want."

CHICAGO, May 22 (Xinhua) -- Four people were killed and 35people were wounded from Friday afternoon to early Monday.

In a span of just three hours early Sunday, two people werekilled and seven others were wounded, according to the Chicagopolice.

So far this year , Chicago has reported 228 homicides, slightlydown from the record 245 homicides registered by the same time lastyear, data collected by Chicago Tribune shows.

Meanwhile, the number of shooting victims reported by Sundaythis year stands at 1,278 people, down eight percent from the 1 [url=http://www.oldskoolshoesaustralia.com/women-s-vans-old-skool-pink-white-onl... Vans Old Skool Pink White Online
,391people reported the same period last year.

Chicago has the highest murder toll in the cities of the UnitedStates over the past two decades. Enditem

LONDON, Jan. 16 (Xinhua) -- Shaun Murphy beat Stephen Maguire 6-4 to reach the semifinals of the 2015 snooker Masters at Alexandra Palace here on Friday.

Murphy, the 2005 world champion and bidding for his first Master trophy in three semifinals, will next take on Mark Allen, a 6-4 winner over English veteran Joe Perry in an earlier game.

"For long periods of that match, it was embarrassing ," Allen said. "I just could not get anything going. I was delivering the cue so badly."

The other semifinal will be held between defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan and world No. 1 Neil Robertson of Australia.

?BEIJING, Jan.?31 (Xinhuanet) -- A new survey has found that most WeChat users are not happy with the ads service that's been added to the Moments function.

Recent online voting conducted by China Central Television shows more than 80 percent of WeChat users consider the ads to be commercial harassment.

"I am disgusted with it. WeChat Moments is a platform that should help me learn what's going on with my friends and let my friends know what I am doing now. Ads among my friends' feeds is an annoyance."

The popular messaging app, owned by Tencent, began testing sponsored ads last week.

The ads are pushed to 200 million WeChat users daily.

Zhang Jun, spokesman for Tencent, says the company attaches great importance to the user experience.

"An ad will appear in a place no higher than the fifth post on the page. A user will receive only one ad within a certain period of time while it will disappear automatically if left unnoticed for hours."

Brands invited to take part in the test include BMW [url=http://www.oldskoolshoesaustralia.com/vans-old-skool-canvas-black-white-sal... Old Skool Canvas Black White Sale
, Coca-Cola, and Cadillac.

Users receive different ads depending on their past behavior, and are invited to "like" and post comments.

This promoting strategy soon triggered a stir.

Many WeChat users have mocked it, some with self-deprecating humor, noting that they've been identified as being able to afford only a bottle of coke, while others receive ads for automobiles.

Experts suggest that besides ad content and the way it circulates , marketers should also pay attention to how users "like" an ad recommended by friends.

WeChat boasts more than 450 million monthly active users.

But despite a drastic increase in user population, it has struggled to monitize that user base.

WeChat, the online messaging application that has about 468 million monthly active users, kicked off an advertising program on Sunday with three advertisers debuting on its content sharing platform.

Advertisements for Coca-Cola Co, BMW China, and Chinese smartphone maker Vivo Communication Technology Co Ltd were shown on Sunday night in the Moments timeline of WeChat [url=http://www.oldskoolshoesaustralia.com/online-vans-leather-old-skool-reissue... Vans Leather Old Skool Reissue DX White
, the social networking app owned by Shenzhen-based Internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd.

The advertisements look like Facebook's News Feed and users are given the right to opt out of the advertisements if they are not interested.

The company said "a rather intelligent technology" is used to push the ads to their targeted audience or in other words, different WeChat users can receive different advertisements.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes