Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

, Shepley soaked up the ho - Off Topic Forum. - C...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

, Shepley soaked up the ho

Started by fengzhu, 2013/08/03 05:26AM
Latest post: 2013/08/03 05:26AM, Views: 382, Posts: 1
, Shepley soaked up the ho
#1   2013/08/03 05:26AM
fengzhu
SYDNEY, Australia -- Marcus Fraser of Australia shot a second consecutive 3-under 69 to take a one-stroke lead after two rounds of the Australian Open on Friday. . Fraser had five birdies and two bogeys to move to 6-under 138 at The Lakes. Fellow Australians Brendan Jones (71) and first-round leader John Senden (73) were tied for second. Englishman Justin Rose was in a group tied for fifth at 3-under after a 73, while Adam Scott shot 71 and was five strokes behind Fraser. Tom Watson shot a 68 Friday after his first-round 78 and made the cut with one stroke to spare. He was joined by playing partner and defending champion Greg Chalmers, who shot 75 Friday. "I hate missing cuts, I really do," said Watson. "That means youve failed." Chalmers said he would be hard-pressed to win his third national Open after failing to capitalize on good scoring conditions in the morning. "Three par-5s on the back nine and I bogeyed two of them. Thats not going to work if you want to have a good score out here," he said. "I guess Im going to get to play on the weekend so I get to go out and shoot a low score, but certainly Im probably going to start a long way back." Fellow two-time champion Robert Allenby (6-over) didnt qualify after a 77, nor did new U.S. PGA Tour card winner Steven Bowditch (9-over) after a 76. Guan Tianlang, the 14-year-old Chinese amateur who will play in next years U.S. Masters, improved on his opening 82 to shoot 70 Friday, but also missed the cut. Fraser is playing for the seventh consecutive week -- in his seventh country. Hell travel to Malaysia next week to see if he can win the Asian Tour money title -- he is currently second -- making it eight tournaments in a row. His grueling late-season schedule began in Malaysia in late September followed by China (the HSBC tournament), the Singapore Open, the Hong Kong Open, the European Tours championship in Dubai, then a failed attempt to secure a 2013 U.S. PGA Tour card in California last week. On Thursday, Fraser was 3-over after 10 holes but staged a remarkable turnaround -- he birdied Nos. 11-14, then holed his tee shot at the par-3 15th for an ace. "To have one go in like that, it turned the round and the tournament around from where I was," Fraser said. And hes keen to go even better on the weekend. "Ive been playing so much I feel like Im going with the flow a little bit," Fraser said. "Playing week-in, week-out youre going through the same routine every day and it feels like another golf tournament. At the same time it is the Aussie Open. Definitely its the pick of the bunch of the eight weeks for me." [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jerel-worthy-jersey-oz-... Worthy Jersey . -- The San Jose Sharks have re-signed forwards T. . 4 Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland moved her Australian Open preparation into high gear when she beat Belgiums Yanina Wickmayer 6-4, 6-4 to win the ASB Classic, her 11th career title. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-ryan-pickett-jersey-yj-... . He believes the same approach will lead Canada to its first Olympic berth since 2000, and he expects his players to buy in for the long haul. Just two weeks after the London Olympics closed, Triano and his coaching staff were putting a promising roster of players through shooting drills Monday at the end of a five-day training camp designed to prepare Canada for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Games. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-b-j--raji-jersey-hu-60.... Raji Jersey . -- The Chiefs put centre Rodney Hudson on injured reserve Wednesday with a broken bone in his left leg and signed offensive linemen Russ Hochstein and Bryan Mattison to provide depth. . At the stroke of Noon et/9am pt, over 300 unrestricted free agents hit the open market in search of new deals. COQUITLAM, B.C. -- Lydia Ko was still turning heads -- and challenging history -- Saturday at the Canadian Womens Open. The 15-year-old phenom took sole possession of the lead after three rounds as she shot an even-par 72 at the Vancouver Golf Club. After sharing top spot on Friday, Ko now sits at 8-under 208 and holds a one-stroke advantage over four other golfers. Jessica Shepley of Oakville, Ont., the lone Canadian remaining in the field, shot a 2-under 70 and now sits at 1-over 217. Heading into Sundays final round, Ko has a chance to make womens golf history. Ko, who was born in South Korea but has grown up in New Zealand, can become the youngest player ever to win this even and any other LPGA competition. "Its good to stay at the top of the leaderboard," said Ko. "But my first goal was to make the cut and, hopefully, (finish) top-15 or something. But to be up there in an honour, especially playing against the worlds best." Ko can also become the fifth amateur to win an LPGA tournament and the first since JoAnne Carner took the Burdines Invitation in 1969. No amateur has ever won the Canadian Open. Lexi Thompson of the United States is the youngest LPGA Tour winner, having taken the Navistar LPGA Classic last September at 16. Ko is already the second-youngest golfer to win a womens pro event on any tour, behind Brooke Henderson, 14, of Smiths Falls, Ont., who won a Canadian Womens Tour event in Quebec this year. Henderson, who missed the cut here, broke Kos record by just two days. But the modest New Zealander was surprised by her chance to make history in Canada. "Yeah, 15-year-olds dont lead at an LPGA event all the time. ... Im very surprised," she said. "But Ive been playing really good golf, and Ive been really confident with my game." But unlike in the first two rounds, Ko struggled at times on Saturday. She got as low as 10-under with birdies on the par-3 first hole and par-4 sixth. However, she also bogeyed the seventh and ninth holes and then saw her four-foot par put lip out on 18 after she had stepped back from her initial approach to get a better look at her line. "Im definitely going to do some putting practice," she said. Although she has a chance to make history in an LPGA event, Ko said she felt more pressure trying to live up to her status as the worlds No. 1 amateur. "The next thing is just playing against the big names," she said. "Its really hard to keep up with them. [url=http://www.packersofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jordy-nelson-jersey-rx-... Nelson Autographed Jersey. " But on Sunday, the big names will have to keep up with her. Expressing respect for her more seasoned opponents, Ko hoped she has not become too big of a target. "Its quite nerve-racking, but Im really here for experience and fun -- and Im having fun at the moment." Chella Choi, tied for the lead with Ko after the second round lead, struggled in with a 1-over 73, dropping into the four-way tie for second with Stacy Lewis of the U.S., who fired a sizzling 6-under 66, and South Koreans Inbee Park (70) and Jiyai Shin (69). Lewis, a two-time winner this year, made the most out of moving day -- the nickname for the third round when golfers move up the leaderboard -- as she posted an eagle three on the par-5 10th hole as well as four birdies. "I finally got off to a good start, which I hadnt done any of the previous days," said Lewis. The 27-year-old Ohio native is contending for this tournaments title for the second straight year. In 2011, she and Michelle Wie finished as runners-up to champion Brittany Lincicome. Lewis also excelled at another LPGA tournament in Canada earlier this year. She tied for fifth at the Manulife Financial Classic in June. Now, its just a question of whether she can surpass Ko. "Suzann (Pettersen) and I were talking about it (Friday)," said Lewis. "This is our job, and were working full-time on it. Its not supposed to be her job, and yet shes beating us. I think its good for the game. Shes obviously playing well." Meanwhile, Shepleys self-esteem was also soaring as the 29-year-old posted her best score of the tournament. The low score came after she squeaked into the weekend with a 3-over total that was right on the cut line. Its the first time since April she has played in the final two rounds of an LPGA event. With her parents and friends looking on, Shepley soaked up the home-country atmosphere. "I was really relaxed and actually enjoyed playing golf today for the first-time in a long time," said Shepley, who is playing in her fifth Canadian Womens Open. While Ko chases history and veterans pursue her, Shepley hopes to do well for Canada -- and herself. "Id like to get into red numbers," she said. "My best finish out on the LPGA was a (tie for 27th), which was in Hawaii this year. So Id like to have my best finish out here. That would be nice." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes