Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Melvin likes his versatility. "Weve had - Off Topi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Melvin likes his versatility. "Weve had

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/25 02:04AM
Latest post: 2013/07/25 02:04AM, Views: 390, Posts: 1
Melvin likes his versatility. "Weve had
#1   2013/07/25 02:04AM
fengzhu
KRAKOW, Poland -- Roy Hodgson has won universal plaudits for quickly restoring unity and pride among England players barely a month after being hired to lead the country into the European Championship. Aaron Rodgers Signed Jersey . The coach took over from Fabio Capello three months after the Italian vacated the job. After a miserable 2010 World Cup performance, a reinvigorated England squad will march into its Euro 2012 quarterfinal against Italy on Sunday with confidence. The 64-year-old Hodgson has generated a feel-good factor in the squad, which was often lacking during Capellos authoritarian reign. "We are more organized than ever and the lads have been great," England striker Wayne Rooney said. "We are all fighting for each other. We want to do this together. We feel good, we are prepared well." A shrewd move by Hodgson was giving recently retired defender Gary Neville his first coaching job, providing a link from management to the squad while providing fresh tactical insight. Neville can see how the players are benefiting working with a manager who is "calm, doesnt sort of get carried away by things, brings a great deal of humility, trusts in his players and has faith in them." "They are recognizing that he is someone they like and want to play for and I think thats important," Neville added. Selflessness has been drilled into the team by Hodgson. "If you want to be successful you have to perform to your ability and trust the people around you to perform to theirs," the coach said. "Any national team is going to have players with egos -- thats normal. You want that because its the player with the ego who is often the one who makes the difference. "But I am very happy with the way these players have worked for each other." Capello often petrified players by ruling with an iron fist, notoriously banning tomato ketchup from dinner. Whereas winger Theo Walcott and his teammates often had to sneak food into the team hotel under Capellos regime, Hodgson has removed the need to report to dinner each night during Euro 2012. "Roys come in and hes obviously given us a lot of rest time as well and a lot of downtime," Rooney said. "Its good for the players to relax and obviously put football aside for even just one afternoon. Its good to give your mind a rest." Goalkeeper Joe Hart stresses that the freedom given to roam Krakow doesnt mean the players are any less professional. "Were here to play football, regardless of whether were allowed to walk round and see a nice statue or whatever, or have a pizza with someone that we want to be with," Hart said. "I think were training hard, I think were getting the managers methods." On the pitch, Hodgson has drilled discipline into the team. While the football hasnt been scintillating, they are five matches unbeaten under the former Switzerland, Finland and United Arab Emirates coach. "He plays a different style to the previous manager," winger James Milner said. "He wants us tucked in, compact and tight and to be difficult to beat and it has worked so far." Hodgsons fellow coaches also have been impressed. "Roy Hodgson is an Italian Englishman," Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport. "He is intelligent, good and crafty ... England wait for their opponents and hit them on the counterattack. This is the kind of football that we, Italians, were masters at for a long time. They have understood that winning is what matters." They also understand what their London-born coach is saying, unlike with Capello and his broken English. And it helps that Hodgson had previously worked with captain Steven Gerrard during his brief stint as Liverpool manager. "We are enjoying how we are playing," Gerrard said. "Everyone knows in South Africa the team werent playing at a good level." Even the notoriously judgmental media back home is gushing about how Hodgson has utilized 36 years of coaching experience -- largely outside his homeland -- to transform Englands fortunes. "It looks to me like Roy has got into their heads and reminded the players that playing for their country means something," former England midfielder Jamie Redknapp wrote in the Daily Mail. "This group of players, under a new manager, seem to have a pride in their work," added Redknapp, whose father Harry was beaten to the England job by Hodgson. Hodgson will be hoping his honeymoon period continues long after the team finally leaves the Euros. Potentially, even with a trophy. Aaron Rodgers Autographed Jersey . Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff told TSN 1290 his scouting staff have held successful meetings with many of the prospects over the past 48 hours since their arrival and look forward to their ninth overall pick. Authentic Packers Jerseys . Halladay, a two-time Cy Young Award winner, has been out since May 29 because of a strained latissimus dorsi muscle on the right side of his back. He began a throwing program 12 days ago and assistant general manager Scott Proefrock says its going well. http://packersjerseys.ucigreeks.com/[/... . -- A.J. Burnett was happy to escape from New York. [url=http://packersjerseys.ucigreeks.com/]Clay Matthews Jersey . He believes the same approach will lead Canada to its first Olympic berth since 2000, and he expects his players to buy in for the long haul. Just two weeks after the London Olympics closed, Triano and his coaching staff were putting a promising roster of players through shooting drills Monday at the end of a five-day training camp designed to prepare Canada for the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Games. Randall Cobb Autographed Jersey . Makdessi (10-2) used a smart game plan -- and stinging left jab -- to pick away at Stout in a clinical 30-27, 29-28, 30-27 win. The main event of the Bell Centre mixed martial arts card was a welterweight title fight between Montreals Georges St-Pierre and Carlos (Natural Born Killer) Condit. BOSTON -- Third baseman Brandon Inge has agreed to terms on a contract with the Oakland Athletics. Once they put him on the 40-man roster, the As must pay Inge only a prorated portion of the $480,000 minimum -- or about $412,000 -- of the $5,308,743 he was owed when released by Detroit on Thursday. Inge hit .100 (2 for 20) with one homer and two RBIs in nine games this season. He turns 35 on May 19 and joins his first new team in his 12th major league season. "Its a good feeling, but at the same time its different," Inge said. "Just spending that long in one organization, its part of my home. But the business side of it is: sometimes youve got to realize when the end is. This is a better fit for me right now, and Im happy to be here. I was a fan of this team when I was a kid, too. I remember watching Rickey Henderson." Inge was glad his time out of the game was short. "It was good. It was threee days to get my head straight, to relax a little bit, work out and get ready to come here" he said. Randall Cobb Jersey. "It was perfect timing." Hell try to fill a void at third, where the As lost projected starter Scott Sizemore to a season-ending knee injury in the first full-squad workout Feb. 27. Oakland manager Bob Melvin likes his versatility. "Weve had some difficulty at times this year," Melvin said "Were glad to have him." Melvin remembers Inge from his days working with Detroit. "Hes a guy I knew coming up as a bench coach," Melvin said. "He could probably play everywhere except pitcher -- and Im sure hed try that if we wanted him to. Hes a great athlete." Inge was in the starting lineup, playing third and batting ninth for Mondays game against the Red Sox. Oakland designated infielder Luke Hughes for assignment Monday to clear roster room. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes