Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ivated and start on Sat - Off Topic Forum. - Coun...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ivated and start on Sat

Started by a123456, 2013/07/22 11:13PM
Latest post: 2013/07/23 02:38AM, Views: 453, Posts: 2
ivated and start on Sat
#1   2013/07/22 11:13PM
a123456
SAN ANTONIO -- Its easy to see why Tony Parker is headed to another All-Star game. . Parker had 31 points and seven assists, and the San Antonio Spurs earned their eighth consecutive win by shutting down the Phoenix Suns in the final quarter for a 108-99 victory on Saturday night. "He is unbelievable," said teammate Manu Ginobili, who had 20 points. "I cannot say he became a fourth-quarter finisher this year because of how he played last year, especially in the first two months. But he is in that point of his career where he is so confident. He is doing so good that he can relax a little bit in the first half then when we need him, he starts making those jumpers and takes over." Tiago Splitter had 13 points and Boris Diaw finished with 11 for San Antonio (36-11), which has won 16 in a row at home. Michael Beasley had 25 points and Jared Dudley scored 23 for the Suns (15-29), who lost for the first time since coach Lindsey Hunter took over. "Hes their best player," Dudley said of Parker. "Hes their best offensive threat. He knows their offence. If they dont have him, I know the Spurs are always good, but they cant win without him." Playing without Tim Duncan (sore knee) and coach Gregg Popovich (illness) for a third consecutive game, the Spurs needed a clutch performance from Parker in the fourth and he stepped up again. Showing no ill effects from a blow to the head by Elton Brand that required three stitches during a 113-107 victory at Dallas on Friday night, Parker had 11 points and five assists as San Antonio outscored Phoenix 27-17 in the fourth, forcing six turnovers in the period. The speedy point guard finished 13 for 17 from the field and only had three turnovers in 34 minutes. The Spurs turned up their defensive pressure in the final period, forcing three turnovers and three missed shots while building a 96-88 lead with 6:21 remaining. Parker had four points and an assist in the 7-0 run, including racing down the court for a layup after stepping in front of a pass by Markieff Morris. "Over the last few years it is becoming my team and coach Pop is always challenging me to become the franchise player who closes games and makes good decisions with the ball offensively for myself and my teammates," Parker said. "I always take to heart Pops challenges." San Antonio grabbed control after Ginobili was knocked down by Shannon Brown with 31.4 seconds left in the third, leading to a flagrant foul and an ejection. Brown struck Ginobili violently across the side of the head as he attempted to recover defensively after getting beat off the dribble. Ginobili also was undercut by Morris almost simultaneously, leading to loud jeers by the crowd. The ejection shocked Brown, who watched mouth agape as the foul was replayed on the video screen. "I saw a clear path and I thought I was going to go to lay it up and then I felt that hit in the head and I did not know what happened," Ginobili said. "I knew it was a flagrant foul, but I did not see what the player was doing." The play invigorated Ginobili, who had two steals and a 3 to bridge the third and fourth quarters and tie the game at 84. Hunter refused to blame the foul for Phoenixs struggles in the fourth. "We talk about being a no-excuse organization and thats no excuse," he said. "Were not at that level right now, but I can tell you this, it wont be long before we are." Just as it did in Wednesdays 106-102 victory over New Orleans, San Antonio struggled early. The Spurs missed their first three shots while failing to score in the first 3 minutes. After Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard each missed a 3, Parker scored on a layup after Goran Dragic fell while attempting to backpedal defensively. The basket sparked the Spurs, who made their next 10 attempts in a 22-13 run. Parker scored 10 points during the run, including a layup that put San Antonio up 22-19 with 4 minutes left. Beasley scored 10 points in the second quarter, including six during an 11-6 surge that put Phoenix ahead 49-48 with 4:21 left in the half. "They have history," Beasley said. "They just know how to win. The same guys have been here for the last hundred years. They know how to play with each other. Theyve won titles on top of titles. Weve got to be able to take care of the ball, at the very least get a shot." NOTES: Duncan has sat out four games this season after missing eight during last years strike-shortened season. ... Suns F Channing Frye (enlarged heart) remains out indefinitely. Frye has not played this season. ... The Spurs swept the season series against the Suns last season, winning the four games by an average of 8.5 points. ... Phoenix general manager Lance Blanks spent five seasons in San Antonios front office, ascending to director of scouting before joining the Suns. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-bernard-pierce-jersey-fd... Pierce Jersey . It was Barcelonas league-record 15th victory in 16 rounds and came just after floundering Madrid had conceded in the final minutes to draw 2-2 at home with the Catalan clubs crosstown rival Espanyol. "This league is ours to lose," said Barcelona defender Gerard Pique. . The B.C. Lions are certainly hoping that the 2012 season gets off to a better start than 2011 did. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-ray-lewis-jersey-oz-47.h... . Rotrand Sené, a fourth-year running back from the University of Montreal, rounded out the list of nominees on Friday when he was announced as most valuable player of the RSEQ football conference. Graves, a fifth-year arts student from Barrie, Ont. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-bobby-rainey-jersey-db-6... Rainey Jersey . -- Jason Vargas already had an efficient night -- and his job became that much easier as his defence turned double plays to shorten his outing. . The Wings also picked up transition players Jordan Hall, Joel White, Rob Campbell and a second-round pick in the 2014 draft in the deal. "This trade allows us the opportunity to get the most recognizable player in the sport to join our team," Wings president Michael French said Friday in a release.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Giving up his no-hitter in the eighth was bad enough for Bronson Arroyo. Losing the lead soon after made him feel awful. At least the Cincinnati Reds rallied to win the game. Arroyo took a no-hitter into the eighth inning on Tuesday night before giving up a three-run lead, but Drew Stubbs led off the bottom half with a homer, sending the Reds to a 4-3 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers. Arroyo allowed only one runner through the first seven innings, hitting Ryan Braun in the first. The slumping Brewers hit only four balls out of the infield during that stretch. Somehow, Arroyo came away with nothing to show for all of it -- still only one win in his last nine starts. "After a gem like that, a no-decision is terrible," Arroyo said. Milwaukee pulled even with three hits off Arroyo in the eighth, but Stubbs connected on a first-pitch fastball from John Axford (1-5) for his first homer since June 2. "Bronson got the short end of the stick," Stubbs said. "He pitched a fantastic game. He just caught a rough break." Jay Bruce also had a three-run homer for the NL Central-leading Reds, who dropped the defending champion Brewers 8 1/2 games back, matching their biggest deficit of the season. Arroyo was aware of his no-hitter from the fifth inning on. So were the Brewers, who heard the 32,986 fans cheering a little bit louder with each out they made. Arroyos no-hit drama ended abruptly. He walked George Kottaras with one out in the eighth, then gave up a double by Taylor Green -- in a 1-for-22 slump -- that landed just inside the right-field line. "Probably by the fifth inning, you see the zero up there and you really want to get one," Green said. Corey Hart had a pinch-hit double that cut it to 3-2, and Norichiki Aoki singled to tie it and end Arroyos outing. "Bronson threw a heck of a ballgame," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "Thats how it goes sometimes. Ive seen guys lose a no-hitter, and then you try and save the ballgame." Sean Marshall (2-3) escaped the threat, and Aroldis Chapman struck out three in the ninth for his ninth save in 12 tries, celebrating the three-hitter with a pair of somersaults in front of the mound. Chapman had blown two of his last four save chances by giving up homers. Not what the Brewers caared to see. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-elvis-dumervil-jersey-eg... Dumervil Ravens Jersey. Green was on deck at the final out, but said he didnt notice Chapmans forward rolls. Told what happened, Green said: "Ive never seen that. Two somersaults? Thats tough." Arroyo recovered from one of his worst starts -- only four innings in a 7-1 loss in Cleveland last Wednesday. He got several impressive defensive plays behind him to keep his no-hitter intact into the eighth. The futility felt familiar to the Brewers, who had been held to one run in three of their last four games. Their last nine losses have come by two runs or less. Milwaukees Marco Estrada returned from the disabled list and fanned a career-high 12 batters in six innings, but gave up Bruces 17th homer in the sixth. For the second night in a row, a pitcher set a career high in strikeouts at hitter-friendly Great American Ball Park. Cincinnatis Mat Latos fanned 13 in a 3-1 complete-game victory in the series opener on Monday. Estrada had been on the disabled list since May 24 with a strained right thigh. He made two rehab starts at Triple-A and came back as sharp as hes been all season. The right-hander fanned Zack Cozart on a 91 mph fastball to open the Reds first inning, and kept going. He struck out six of the first nine he faced, and had 10 strikeouts -- a career high -- through only five innings. Estrada gave up a double by Joey Votto in the sixth, a single by Brandon Phillips and Bruces drive, which made it 64 consecutive games at Great American with at least one homer. Its the longest such streak since Coors Field had 80 straight game with one from 2002-03, according to STATS LLC. NOTES: Zack Greinke starts the final game of the series for Milwaukee against Homer Bailey. ... Dr. Henry Heimlich presented a life-saving award to Reds 3B Todd Frazier before the game. Frazier saved a choking restaurant patron during a series in Pittsburgh last month. ... Brewers RHP Shaun Marcum felt better during a throwing session on Tuesday. Marcum has been on the 15-day DL since June 15 with tightness in his right elbow. Manager Ron Roenicke had hoped that Marcum could be activated and start on Saturday, but decided thats no longer an option. Marcum had some discomfort while throwing on Monday. ... Cincinnatis last no-hitter was Tom Brownings perfect game against the Dodgers on Sept. 16, 1988. ' ' '

Re: ivated and start on Sat
#2   2013/07/23 02:38AM
shenjie
It is an excellent method of training immature thoughts on the other side a classroom. The Leapfrog Leapster Nike Free Run Norge allows Nike Free a Nike Free Run 3 Dame sufficient quantity of site recommended to their imaginative and likewise rely on

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes