Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

g program he designed - Off Topic Forum. - Countr...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

g program he designed

Started by a123456, 2013/07/21 03:36AM
Latest post: 2013/07/21 03:36AM, Views: 382, Posts: 1
g program he designed
#1   2013/07/21 03:36AM
a123456
TORONTO - Jarious Jackson has had two games to get it right. . Now hell lead the Toronto Argonauts in their biggest game of the season. The 35-year-old former Notre Dame star returns under centre today when Toronto hosts the Montreal Alouettes in a battle for first place in the CFL East Division. Catch all the action live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 1pm et/10am et. "Doesnt get any bigger, its almost like a playoff game or Eastern Final, however you want to look at it, we just know its a very big game," Jackson said after the teams walkthrough Saturday. With No. 1 quarterback Ricky Ray still sidelined with a knee injury, Jackson makes his third straight start. He played with poise in a 23-10 victory over Winnipeg but then was out of sync in last weekends 36-10 loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders - a performance he said he would grade "not very high at all." "There was probably up to eight to 10 plays out of 46 that I could have done something better or tried to either run around and try to help our team make a play or do something," said Jackson, who has completed 48-of-90 passes for 515 yards, two touchdowns and a pair of interceptions over his last two starts. "As a quarterback, youre always going to take the brunt of it whether you win or lose, but Im one of those types of guys, I dont point fingers, if I do its going to be at myself." Sundays matchup at Rogers Centre is huge for both teams. The Alouettes (8-6) will clinch the season series and a home playoff date with a victory. Montreal was a 31-10 home winner over Toronto (7-7) in their last meeting three weeks ago but have lost their last two games. "This is a big game for us, we can do the math, we can figure it all out. And so can Toronto," said Als coach Marc Trestman. "From a season perspective and game perspective, this is clearly a landmark game for us this season. Its a very very important game, no doubt about it." A win would move Toronto into a first-place tie, but the Argos would get top spot based on winning the season series. And thats important because if the two teams ended the season tied, the winner of the season series would get the higher spot in the standings. The advantage of finishing first in the division is receiving a first-round playoff bye, then hosting the semifinal winner in the East final, needing just one post-season victory to advance to the Grey Cup on Nov. 25 in Toronto. The second-place finisher will host the East semifinal, with the winner of that game advancing to the conference final. However, the Argos are struggling too, having won just one of their last four games. "Losing your starting quarterback, it hurts," coach Scott Milanovich said, when asked about the Argos inconsistency. "Your starting quarterback is the guy your team looks to. Jarious has done as good a job as anybody could do as backup and our teams believes in him. But well be looking forward to getting Ricky back, thats why we traded for him in the off-season, because we wanted him here. "But nobody is looking back in the meantime. Jarious has to go out and play well and we have faith in him." Milanovich hopes Ray will return Friday when Toronto faces the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Jackson said he feels far more at ease running the offence than he did three weeks ago when Ray went down in Montreal. "I was somewhat comfortable with the gameplan at that time," he said. "But at that time I hadnt had any reps since training camp. Now Ive had three or four weeks of reps, so now I feel like its a different game from my standpoint." The Riders ran roughshod over Jackson and the Argos last weekend however, as Jackson finished 16-of-31 passing for 162 yards with a TD and interception before giving way to rookie Trevor Harris in the fourth quarter. Jackson said in some ways its more difficult being a backup quarterback. "To me I think theres more pressure on the backup than there is on the starter, because you actually know youre going to get in the game and play, if you make mistakes you have time to make amends for it, or next week so to speak," he said. "I just have to be ready at all times and my role right now is actually being the guy so hopefully I can get in there and make things happen." The Argos could see one key veteran return to the field Sunday. Noel Prefontaine has been cleared to play after missing 13 games. The kicker underwent hip surgery in the summer that he felt could have ended his career. Montreal, who will be missing S.J. Green - the CFLs leading receiver - are coming off a 27-22 loss to Winnipeg that left quarterback Anthony Calvillo feeling like "were a last-place team." The Als turned the ball over five times - three fumbles and two interceptions. Two of the turnovers came in the scoring zone. Trestman is eager to see how his team responds today. "I think our team is excited for the opportunity to play in a game like this," Trestman said. "I think we appreciate where are in the standings, but we also respect the team were playing and weve got to go on the road now and win this game. Its the same for both sides." Sunday also marks a CFL Pink game to raise awareness for womens cancers. Calvillo said the game holds special meaning - he and his wife have survived cancer scares. "I remember last year when we stepped on the field (for the CFL Pink game) in Winnipeg, and I didnt realize how emotional it was going to be to be honest with you," said Calvillo, who will wear a pink quarterback towel and have pink on his shoes. "Once you got on the field you realized that everybody out there has this pink on for a reason, for people who are touched by cancer. "So this year it will be a bit more different." [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-brett-favre-jersey-jj-2... Favre Falcons Jersey . -- Jimmy Graham flies airplanes upside down. . The Maryland Racing Commission voted 7-0 on Tuesday in a special hearing at Laurel Park to change the official time of the race from 1:54 2/5 to 1:53. That gives Secretariat records in each of his three Triple Crown races -- the Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Belmont Stakes -- that still stand. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-william-moore-jersey-lh... . Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos joined TSN Radios Mike Richards this morning and admitted that the club is already planning for the off-season and that his sights are set clearly in one specific area of improvement. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-travian-robertson-jerse... Robertson Jersey . -- Robert Griffin III felt good enough to attend something called a Rookie Success Program meeting Monday morning and seemed, by all accounts, to be doing just fine on the day after suffering his first NFL concussion. . Madrid qualified 5-2 on aggregate, but it was Ronaldos third goal in the 87th minute at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium in the second leg that put the result of the last-16 match beyond doubt. It was Ronaldos third hat trick this season and the 18th of his Madrid career, but his opening goal in the third minute was the pick of the three. LAS VEGAS -- The fact theyre much bigger than when they first met eight years ago is undeniable. Both Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez have added bulk along with the pounds, and both have had to deal with those who suspect they didnt do it naturally. Along with the fighters, the purses and attention have grown as Pacquiao and Marquez meet Saturday night for the fourth -- and presumably last -- time in the rivalry that has served both fighters so well. Marquez will try once again to do what he hasnt been able to do in 36 evenly contested rounds against Pacquiao -- get a decision from the ringside scorecards. At the age of 39, its a fight that may mean more to his legacy than his future career, which is why its a fight he seems almost desperate to win. "All I ask is for the judges to be objective," Marquez said. "They need to really see what is happening in the ring instead of what they think might be happening in the ring." Pacquiao is not as desperate, but he needs a win just as badly. He barely escaped with a majority decision over Marquez last November -- a result that drew loud boos from the pro-Marquez crowd -- and lost a widely panned decision to Timothy Bradley his last time out. A loss to Marquez would not only confirm the whispers that he is slipping after 17 years as a pro, but perhaps derail for good any talk of a fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. that would be boxings richest ever. "I have always been focused, but not like this fight," Pacquiao said. "There are no distractions in my mind. The family problems I had I dont have this time." Neither fighter holds a title as they meet in a welterweight fight that will make both even richer. Pacquiao is expected to make more than $20 million by the time the pay-per-view receipts are totalled, while promoter Bob Arum said Marquez could make as much as $6 million. Its a far cry from 2004, when Pacquiao and Marquez could barely fill half the arena, and the money they made would barely pay for one of their luxury cars today. The fight, though, was plenty intriguing, with Pacquiao coming off a win over Marco Antonio Barrera that announced his entry into boxings elite and Marquez having stopped his last 11 opponents. It seemed a mismatch when Pacquiao knocked his fellow 125-pounder down three times in the first round and Marquez barely survived to hear the bell. But the Mexican champion began a comeback in round 3, dominating the late rounds on his way to a disputed draw that foreshadowed what was to come in the years ahead. All three fights -- Pacquiao won the last two -- were so close they could have gone either wway. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-matt-bryant-jersey-ub-9... Bryant Womens Jersey. And had they gone the other way, boxing history may have changed. Pacquiao might not have gotten the fight with Oscar De La Hoya that catapulted him to stardom in 2008 just nine months after beating Marquez in a split decision in their second fight. Marquez, meanwhile, might have become more than just an opponent getting rich off the names of fighters who will be judged better than him. "My career maybe changed, and everything would be different," Marquez said. "But I feel great what happened in the past with Manny." A fourth fight between two world class fighters is almost unheard of in a day when top fighters rarely enter the ring more than twice a year. Almost as astonishing is that they were spread out over eight years and five weight classes, yet Saturday nights fight will still be a pay-per-view event that will likely draw more than 1 million buys (HBO $59.95) across the country. Pacquiao weighed in at the class limit of 147 pounds Friday, while Marquez was 143 pounds. If the old rules of boxing applied, Pacquiao would be fighting a rematch with Bradley for the welterweight title he lost in June in what most watching thought was one of the worst decisions in recent years. But Bradley doesnt sell pay-per-views and Marquez does, so hes on the sidelines as Pacquiao and the Mexican opponent he knows so well battle for riches instead of a crown. As is the norm in the sport, the fight needs some controversy to sell. This time its about Marquez bulking up in ways a 39-year-old normally cant and the ties his strength coach has to steroid scandals of the past. Angel Guillermo "Memo" Heredia provided track athletes like Marion Jones and Justin Gatlin with steroids and human growth hormone, only to escape prosecution in the BALCO case by agreeing to testify for the prosecution. He hotly denies using anything with Marquez, claiming his fighter has bulked up only because of an unorthodox strength and conditioning program he designed for him. Pacquiaos trainer, Freddie Roach, said Marquez didnt look like a fighter who had naturally grown, prompting a threat of a lawsuit by Heredia and denials by Marquez himself. "You can say anything you want but you have no proof," Marquez said. "Lets go together and Ill do any test you want." Pacquiao, who himself was the target of suggestions by Mayweathers camp that he used something to grow, said he wasnt worried about it. "Lets give him credit for hard work," Pacquiao said. "Its not about size, its about how you function in the ring. Ive been fighting bigger guys all my life." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes