Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

nded out the threesome - Off Topic Forum. - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

nded out the threesome

Started by a123456, 2013/07/21 03:32AM
Latest post: 2013/07/21 03:32AM, Views: 417, Posts: 1
nded out the threesome
#1   2013/07/21 03:32AM
a123456
SAN DIEGO -- With the playoffs fast approaching, the last thing the San Francisco Giants wanted to see was star catcher Buster Posey hunched over on his knees behind home plate. . A leading contender for NL MVP, Posey gave the Giants a scare when he took a wild pitch off his throat and was in plenty of discomfort. But he stayed in the game and increased his lead in the batting race to help the NL West champions beat the San Diego Padres 3-1 Friday night. "It does show you how tough he is. It was a full shot on his Adams apple, but he wanted to stay in," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. Ryan Vogelsong (14-9) pitched six strong innings and Pablo Sandoval drove in two runs for San Francisco, which has won 13 of 16. Posey was shaken up in the second inning with Everth Cabrera batting. Vogelsongs pitch bounced in the dirt, ricocheted up and hit right underneath Poseys hockey-style catchers mask. The slugger was on his knees for a few minutes and was attended to by a trainer before staying in the game. "When I got there, I could see the seam mark on his Adams apple, so I knew it got him good," Vogelsong said. "I know he is a tough son of a gun. I think if I got hit in the throat while I was catching, Id probably be laying on the training table." After the game, Posey had little to say about the play. Thats because he could barely speak above a hoarse whisper. He did manage to communicate that he was "OK, except my throat hurts." Posey went 2 for 4 with a triple and a double to increase his average to .334, four points better than Andrew McCutchen of Pittsburgh. McCutchen went hitless in two at-bats with a walk, dropping his average two points to .330, during the no-hitter thrown by Cincinnatis Homer Bailey on Friday night. Suspended outfielder Melky Cabrera of the Giants has a .346 mark but wont qualify for the batting crown at his own request after a positive drug test. Bochy, who planned to give Posey a day off Sunday, said if his catcher needs it he will be out of the lineup on Saturday, too. "He had a rough start," Bochy said. "He threw up before the game, then his throat. Ill check on him (Saturday)." Bochy said Posey thinks he got sick because of something he ate. Sandoval had a two-run double. The Giants, 44-32 away from AT&T Park, have won 23 of their last 32 road games. Vogelsong allowed one unearned run and set a career high for wins. He struck out five and walked one as he beat San Diego for the second time in a week. Javier Lopez got the first out of the ninth inning before Santiago Casilla came in and allowed consecutive singles. Casilla got the final two outs for his 25th save in 31 chances. The Giants (92-65), who have already wrapped up the NL West title, moved within three games of Washington and Cincinnati for the leagues best record with five games remaining. San Franciscos Marco Scutaro extended his career-best hitting streak to 16 games with an infield single in the third before he left the game one inning later with head and chest congestion. Padres rookie Andrew Werner (2-3) allowed three runs and eight hits in 4 2-3 innings. Posey led off the second with his first triple of the season and scored on Hunter Pences infield single. Vogelsong had a single to lead off the third followed by Scutaros one-out infield single. Sandoval then doubled into the left-centre gap for two runs and a 3-0 lead. "I was battling," Werner said. "Two of the five innings I gave up leadoff triples. Any time you do that, youre going to be in a hole." Vogelsong ran into trouble in the sixth when he allowed a leadoff single to Will Venable. Chase Headley hit a grounder to first baseman Brandon Belt, who attempted to get Venable at second but threw the ball into left field for an error. Yonder Alonso followed with an RBI single. With runners at first and third, Vogelsong struck out Chris Denorfia and got Cameron Maybin to bounce into an inning-ending double play. NOTES: Giants RHP Tim Lincecum will pitch Sunday on regular rest. There had been some question about when the two-time Cy Young Award winner would make his next start after he was hit hard in his last outing. ... Poseys triple was the third of his career. ... San Diego 2B Logan Forsythe (sore right knee) was held out of the starting lineup for the second straight game. ... The Padres extended their player-development contract with Triple-A Tucson of the Pacific Coast League through the 2014 season. ... Giants LHP Madison Bumgarner (16-10, 3.26 ERA) will face Padres LHP Eric Stults (7-3, 2.81) on Saturday night. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-elvis-dumervil-jersey-eg... Dumervil Ravens Jersey .J. Williams trial on driving under the influence and traffic charges ended in a mistrial just hours after it began Monday after his lawyer objected to how jurors were selected. . -- Toronto manager John Farrell, who celebrated his 50th birthday, said luck had nothing to do with it. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-ray-rice-jersey-rw-92.ht... . The four-time MVP was going to need yet another fourth-quarter comeback to pull it out. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-deonte-thompson-jersey-b... Thompson Jersey . Hiroki Kuroda has been the man for the job. Kuroda pitched a two-hitter and the Yankees got consecutive homers from Nick Swisher and Mark Teixeira in a 3-0 victory over the Texas Rangers on Tuesday night. . The CFL club signed the veteran receiver to a contract extension Tuesday. Getzlaf, entering his fifth season with the Riders, established career highs last year with 60 catches for 1,071 yards and 10 touchdowns.Hilversum, Netherlands (Sports Network) - Graeme Storm fired a 7-under 63 on Thursday to take the opening-round lead of the KLM Open at Hilversumsche Golf Club. Storm is two clear of three players, including one who desperately needs to regain some form before the Ryder Cup. Martin Kaymer, the former world No. 1, who is down to 29th, shot a 5-under 65 and was joined in second by Fabrizio Zanotti and Raphael Jacquelin. Kaymer has three top 10s this year, but none since the week after the Masters. He hung on and earned the final automatic Ryder Cup berth and played well Thursday with his captain, Jose Maria Olazabal, in the same group. "Two years ago when I won here was very nice, but that was a period of time I could have played golf with my eyes closed," admitted Kaymer, who won in 2010. "Now is a different time when I need to work and it takes a lot of energy and a lot of concentration. I really need to focus on the things on the range. Two years ago it was more automatic." Storm started on the 10th tee Thursday and flew out of the gate with birdies at 11 and 12. He parred his next three, then birdied two of his last three to make the turn in 4-under 31. Storm parred his first four holes on the second nine, then joined the group in the lead at 5-under with a birdie at the par-3 fifth. The Englishman birdied Nos. 7 and 8 to pull clear of the trio at 5-under. Storm parred his last for the first-round lead. "I made the birdies when I gave myself the chances and got up and down when I missed the greens," said Storm. "Thee golf course here is fantastic - the best I have ever seen it - so you have to hit it straight and that is what I did. [url=http://www.ravensofficialteamstore.com/autographed-pernell-mcphee-jersey-il... McPhee Jersey. "You can get punished round here, but I played the best I have probably played all year. Im just happy to get a round like that under my belt after recent months." This year has been a struggle both on, and off the course for Storm, whose only European Tour victory came at the 2007 Open de France. "Ive had a tough run and its all been a bit of a struggle. Ive just not been enjoying it. I lost my grandfather on the Wednesday morning of Germany (in June) and since then I have really struggled. I kind of kept it to myself what happened, but it hit me really hard." Kaymers Ryder Cup teammate, Peter Hanson, posted a 4-under 66 and is tied for fifth with Felipe Aguilar, Craig Lee, Danny Willett, Steve Webster and Alejandro Canizares. Paul Casey, who has made only one cut worldwide since the Ballantines Championship in late April, carded a 3-under 67 and is part of a group tied for 11th. Nicolas Colsaerts, who was one of Olazabals picks for the Ryder Cup, rounded out the threesome with his captain and Kaymer and shot an even-par 70 on Thursday. NOTES: Olazabal shot a 1-over 71 in round one...Three of his assistants are in the field this week with Miguel Angel Jimenez tied for 27th at 69, Darren Clarke in 105th at plus-2 and Paul McGinley tied for 132nd at 4-over par...Defending champion Simon Dyson carded an even-par 70...Last weeks European Masters winner Richie Ramsay struggled to a 1-over 71. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes