Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

make the trip because of his spr - Off Topic Forum...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

make the trip because of his spr

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/20 12:49AM
Latest post: 2013/07/20 12:49AM, Views: 388, Posts: 1
make the trip because of his spr
#1   2013/07/20 12:49AM
fengzhu
LOS ANGELES -- Chris Young and Chris Capuano are a couple of kindred spirits. They were teammates with the New York Mets last season and shared one common trait above all -- resiliency. Both spent significant time away from the game because of injuries that required surgery and resulted in grueling comebacks. And in their first head-to-head matchup since Capuano left for free agency, Young and the Mets came away with a 3-2 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday night. "It was fun when I saw the matchup, knowing that I was going up against him," Young said. "Cappys a great guy and Im happy for him. I know its been a hard road for him. Ive been through it, so I know what its like." "And to see his success this year, Im very thrilled for him. But I wanted to beat him and I wanted us to win the game. Thats the most important thing. And the guys managed to get one more than they did," he said. David Wright hit a solo homer and RBI double as the Mets sent the Dodgers to their fifth straight loss. The Dodgers ended their 33-inning scoreless drought in the fourth, with Dee Gordon getting congratulated up and down the dugout after crossing the plate. But they couldnt break through against the Mets bullpen and dropped from the top of the NL West standings. "I did see some jumping and hooting and hollering there, but we tried to stay focused because we still had a game to play," Dodgers catcher Matt Treanor said. Young (2-1) allowed two runs and six hits in 6 1-3 innings, striking out six and walking none. Relievers Tim Byrdak and Jon Rauch followed and then Bobby Parnell, getting his first save opportunity since closer Frank Francisco went on the disabled list, pitched a perfect ninth inning for his first save of the year. Capuano (9-3) gave up three runs, five hits and no walks over seven innings. The Mets are the only NL club the 33-year-old left-hander has never beaten -- including five starts with Milwaukee in which he was 0-4 with a 6.35 ERA. Capuano came in 5-0 with a 1.57 ERA in his seven previous home starts this season. Capuano has followed Youngs efforts. "Hes just such a competitor," Capuano said. "When he was healthy starting out last year, he did some amazing things and pitched some great games for us. Then he suddenly went down with that shoulder injury." "He was really down at that point, and I just tried to talk to him and give some encouragement," he said. "I told him: Hey, I missed two years (after Tommy John surgery) and didnt know if I was going to make it back. So just keep at it. You know how to pitch. Just take your time and just focus on the rehab. Now hes back and throwing great." Coming off a three-game sweep at San Francisco in which they were outscored 15-0, the Dodgers shutout string ended when Gordon doubled and Elian Herrera tripled over the head of centre fielder Andres Torres. Juan Rivera followed with a sharp single through the box -- all with none out. The drought was the Dodgers longest since the 1966 World Series against Baltimore, when they were blanked over the final 33 innings by Moe Drabowsky, Jim Palmer, Wally Bunker and Dave McNally. The franchise mark is 41 scoreless innings, set in August 1908 when they were known as the Brooklyn Superbas. The Mets, who came in with the second-best average in the majors with runners in scoring position and two outs, regained the lead in the fifth with a two-out double by Torres after Mike Nickeas singled, advanced on Youngs sacrifice and stole third. New York leads the majors with 167 two-out runs. Wright, who had a season-high five RBIs in Wednesdays 17-1 rout of the Cubs at Wrigley Field, doubled home a run in the first. In the fourth, he golfed a drive into the left-field pavilion. It was his ninth homer and 192nd of his career, tying Howard Johnson for third place on the Mets career list behind Darryl Strawberry (252) and Mike Piazza (220). NOTES: The Dodgers are 3-10 since the NHL champion Kings stopped by Chavez Ravine to show off the Stanley Cup they won two nights earlier. At the time, they led the Giants by 4 1/2 games. ... Dodgers RF Andre Ethier, who strained the oblique muscle on his left side while checking his swing in Wednesdays game, did not play. He is 12 for 29 with six homers against Young. "At this point, were kind of day to day," manager Don Mattingly said. "Yesterday I kind of assumed we were going to be in a DL situation. But the docs looked at it and didnt see any swelling, so the news couldnt be any better as far as Andre is concerned." ... Wright drew his 581st walk, breaking Strawberrys club record. ... The Dodgers optioned OF Ivan DeJesus Jr. to Triple-A and recalled RF Scott Van Slyke, who batted fifth and was 0 for 4. ... The Dodgers have reached an agreement on a seven-year, $42 million contract with Cuban defector Yasiel Puig. The deal for the 21-year-old outfielder is expected to be completed on Friday, pending a physical. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . Prime Minister Stephen Harper awarded the athletes medals marking Queen Elizabeths Diamond Jubilee at a ceremony Wednesday in the Senate chamber. Wholesale Jerseys For Cheap . Phelps, then 23, was in a hunt to win a record eight Olympic gold medals at a single Games, and the world held its breath as Phelps and Serbian rival Milorad Cavic seemingly reached the wall in the exact same instant of event No. http://herownblog.com/wholes... . CTVOlympics.ca looks at some of the top contenders. Today: Adam van Koeverden Ever since Adam van Koeverdens Olympic debut at Athens 2004, he has been one of Canadas most recognized Olympians. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-jerseys-cheap/]Wholesale Jerseys From China . While F1 fans are enjoying the drama and suspense of not knowing whats likely to happen next, the top drivers are scratching their heads as they try to figure out how to pull away from their main rivals. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . Two of those players appear easy to peg: Dion Waiters and Damian Lillard. The Raptors have been tied to Waiters throughout this draft process and it is believed that he has been their number one target all spring.NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Saints have moved linebacker Jonathan Vilma from their physically unable to perform list to the active roster, meaning he could play for the first time this season on Sunday at Tampa Bay. However, tight end Jimmy Graham did not make the trip because of his sprained right ankle. The Saints have terminated the contract of receiver Greg Camarillo to mmake room for Vilma, who is coming back from left knee surgery and is appealing his season-long suspension in the NFLs bounty probe of the Saints.dddddddddddd His appeal hearing, and those of three other players facing suspensions of various lengths, has been scheduled for Oct. 30. Former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue has been appointed as arbitrator for the appeal hearings. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes