Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

. There has been speculation that the l - Off Topi...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

. There has been speculation that the l

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/20 12:49AM
Latest post: 2013/07/20 12:49AM, Views: 423, Posts: 1
. There has been speculation that the l
#1   2013/07/20 12:49AM
fengzhu
CHARLOTTE, N. Wholesale MLB Jerseys Free Shipping .C. -- The Carolina Panthers werent about to let their top free agent Charles Johnson get away, even if it meant shelling out big bucks. The Panthers persuaded Johnson, their prized defensive end, to agree to a contract worth US$72 million over six years and that includes a $30 million signing bonus. The team confirmed the deal Tuesday night and Johnson said he plans to sign the deal on Friday. "The Panthers told me the whole time they were going to come after me hard," Johnson said. "I had to see it to believe, but they did." Johnson said he was "blown away" by Carolinas offer and the money convinced him to choose Carolina over Atlanta and Denver, who also expressed interest. "Could you have turned that down?" Johnson said of the contract with a laugh. The Panthers put the full court press on Johnson. General manager Marty Hurney, coach Ron Rivera and several members of the defensive staff flew to Miami on Monday night in an effort to make sure Johnson wouldnt get away. "A lot of people in my family were rooting for me to sign with Atlanta because it was closer to home and they could come see me play," said Johnson, a native of Hawkinsville, Ga. "But I think they understand." Johnson had a breakout season for the Panthers in 2010 with 11 1/2 sacks in his first year as a starter. He had a combined 10 sacks his previous two seasons playing behind veteran ends Julius Peppers and Tyler Brayton. Johnson said he was impressed at how important the Panthers made him feel by bringing a good portion of the coaching staff along. "They showed so much respect for me, I wanted to show it back," Johnson said. Aside from the money, Johnson said his love of the Charlotte community played a role in his decision. "Once you are settled in somewhere you get comfortable," Johnson said. "Money aside, it wasnt a hard decision for me to leave because I am tied into Charlotte." Johnson said the first thing he plans to do with some of the signing bonus is take care of his family, most of which still lives in Georgia and some of whom wanted him to sign with the Falcons. He said the Falcons initially showed a lot of interest, but backed off once they learned of Carolinas offer. Johnson can sign his contract Friday, but cant join the Panthers at training camp until Aug. 4 under new league rules. Until then he will remain in Miami and continue to train. "To say Im thankful doesnt begin to describe it," Johnson said. "Im so excited. Im ready to get back to football." Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap . Malhotra will be joined by Philadelphia Flyers scout Patrick Burke and march with players from the Vancouver Cutting Edges, billed as the only gay hockey club in Western Canada. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Free Shipping . The Togo striker spent most of last season on loan at White Hart Lane, scoring 17 goals in the Premier League, after falling out of favour at City. http://www.wholesal... . The match lasted one hour 36 minutes, with second-seed Nestor and Mirnyi saving a match point in the tiebreaking third set. Mirnyi closed out the victory on his teams second opportunity with a winning volley to the open court. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseyschinaonline.com/custom-jersey/]Wholesale Authentic Custom Jerseys . -- With two words, Jay Cutler dismissed the notion that the Green Bay Packers would be able to disrupt the Chicago Bears new-look wide receiver corps with physical play: Good luck. Wholesale 49ers Jerseys China . -- Norv Turner was asked Sunday whether he could remember facing a more generous opponent, and the Chargers coach sifted through more than three decades worth of memories in vain.The NHLs collective bargaining agreement expired at Midnight et on Saturday night and with no significant progress on a new deal, the players have been officially locked out. The league and the NHL Players Association touched base on Saturday leading up to the deadline, but no formal negotiation meetings were held. "We talked with the Union this morning and in light of the fact that they have nothing new to offer, or any substantive response to our last proposal, there would be nothing gained by convening a bargaining session at this time," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told TSN. "Im sure that we will remain in contact in the coming days." A work stoppage was expected for some time and all but solidified on Thursday when the owners voted unanimously in favour of a lockout should no new CBA be reached. "Today we suggested that the parties meet in advance of the owners self-imposed deadline of midnight tonight," Steve Fehr, special counsel for the NHLPA, told TSN. "Don Fehr, myself and several players on the Negotiating Committee were in the city and prepared to meet. The NHL said that it saw no purpose in having a formal meeting. There have been and continue to be private, informal discussions between representatives of both sides." Several attempts were made to prevent a lockout over the past couple of weeks, including injunction requests in both Alberta and Quebec courts. The Quebec Labour Board however, denied the players request for an injunction on Friday. The players association also stateed their willingness to continue playing under the old CBA while negotiations continue, but NHL commissioner Gary Bettman had been adamant the league would not operate without a new deal first being reached. Wholesale NHL Jerseys. . The biggest sticking point in negotiations has been revenue sharing, with owners proposing players cut their share of hockey-related revenue over a six-year period. The players share under the old CBA was 57 per cent; the leagues latest proposal would cut that number to 49 per cent, dropping to 47 per cent by the end of the six years. The NHLPAs counter offer starts at 54.3 per cent share for the players, and ends at 52.7 per cent. Hockey related revenue has grown from $2.1 billion to $3.3 billion under the expiring contract - signed in 2005 - that ended the leagues last work stoppage. Individual teams will now begin to announce the cancellation of training camps - set to open next week - and the league is expected to announce the cancellation of pre-season games. Its unclear now when the two sides will meet again. There has been speculation that the league would not want to cancel the annual Winter Classic played on New Years Day – scheduled this year between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at the University of Michigans Big House - and will work to have a deal in place before then. The NHL is officially in its third work stoppage in less than 20 years. The 1994-95 NHL season was reduced to 48 games because of a lockout and the 2004-05 campaign was wiped out entirely. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes