Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

g the London Olympics, where he ha - Off Topic For...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

g the London Olympics, where he ha

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/20 12:48AM
Latest post: 2013/07/20 12:48AM, Views: 419, Posts: 1
g the London Olympics, where he ha
#1   2013/07/20 12:48AM
fengzhu
Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin and teammate James Neal were voted first-team All-Stars on Wednesday, as part of the NHLs awards night. Malkin, who received the honor for a third time in the past five seasons, also walked away with the Hart Trophy as the leagues MVP. He finished with a league-best 109 points to claim the Art Ross Trophy along with a career-best 50 goals. Neal, a right winger, got his second straight first-team berth thanks to a career highs of 40 goals, 41 assists and 81 points. Four first-time first-team All-Stars joined Malkin and Neal. They were: Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, defensemen Erik Karlsson of the Ottawa Senators and Shea Weber of the Predators, along with left wing Ilya Kovalchuk of the Devils. Lundqvist was rewarded with the Vezina Trophy as top goaltender, while fellow Swede Karlsson took home the Norris Trophy as best blueliner. The second All-Star team members were Kings goaltender and reigning Conn Smythe Trophy winner Jonathan Quick, defensemen Zdeno Chara of the Bruins and Alex Pietrangelo of the Blues, along with center Steven Stamkos of the Lightning, right wing Marian Gaborik of the Rangers and left wing Ray Whitney of the Coyotes. Stamkos led the league with a career-high 60 goals. The All-Rookie team was highlighted by all three Calder Trophy candidates forward Adam Henrique of the Devils, forward Gabriel Landeskog of the Avalanche, and forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins of the Oilers, as well as defenceman Jake Gardiner of the Maple Leafs, defenceman Justin Faulk of the Hurricanes and goaltender Jhonas Enroth of the Sabres. The voting came from representatives of the Professional Hockey Writers Association at the end of the regular season. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . This week, they discuss the Hornets proposed name change, the Vikings Adrian Peterson, Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel, and the Blue Jays late broadcaster Tom Cheek. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . -- The Orangeville Northmen closed out the Minto Cup round robin in style Tuesday, with the Ontario club crushing the Calgary Mountaineers 15-1 to clinch a spot in the tournaments best-of-three final. http://herownblog.com/who... . -- Could it really be true love between Denny Hamlin and Dover? So far, its at least a crush. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-nike-nfl-jerseys/]Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . The NBAs rookie of the year broke his right hand Saturday in Las Vegas as the Cavs were preparing for their summer league opener. Irving was upset after making a turnover and hit the padded wall in frustration. Wholesale NFL Jerseys From China . Leighton, 31, spent most of last season in the AHL, but could be a backup to Flyers starter Ilya Bryzgalov this season. LONDON -- Rafael Nadal still has no timetable for his return from a knee injury, and the 11-time Grand Slam champion isnt sure if hell play the Australian Open in January. "All that is in my mind is to keep working hard to come back," Nadal said in interviews with European newspapers Tuesday. "I cannot think about the future because its not like if you break your arm and you know you will have a few weeks like this, then a few weeks like that and then you are back." The Spaniard hasnt played since losing in the second round of Wimbledon in June to little-known Lukas Rosol. Nadal is recovering from a partially torn patella tendon in his left knee. "This is a day-by-day thing," Nadal said. "I have checks every day to see how Im improving. I cant predict what will happen." Nadal could miss the ATP World Tour Finals in London Nov. 5-12 and Spains Davis Cup final against the Czech Republic Nov. 16-18. As for the Australian Open, he was quoted in the Daily MMail as saying: "I hope you see me in Australia.dddddddddddd That is the biggest goal for me, to come back just before then in Qatar, but I cannot say for sure it is going to happen. The only thing is to recover well. I want to be 100 per cent when I come back." Nadal said he played with anti-inflammatories to get through the French Open, which he won for a record seventh time, and took pain-killing injections at Wimbledon. He said he was particularly upset at missing the London Olympics, where he had been scheduled to carry the Spanish flag at the opening ceremony. "I was very, very sad for three weeks around then," he said. "It only comes every four years. Missing the U.S. Open was hard, but you think you will have more chances." Nadal praised Andy Murray, who won the U.S. Open for his first Grand Slam title after losing in four previous major finals. "He deserves it more than anyone," Nadal said. "I am very happy for him." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes