Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

al moto. "I wasnt too satisfied about my firs - Of...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

al moto. "I wasnt too satisfied about my firs

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/20 12:47AM
Latest post: 2013/07/20 12:47AM, Views: 368, Posts: 1
al moto. "I wasnt too satisfied about my firs
#1   2013/07/20 12:47AM
fengzhu
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A lack of sponsorship forced Roush Fenway Racing to sideline Trevor Bayne for this weeks race at Texas Motor Speedway, even though hes ranked fourth in the Nationwide Series standings. Bayne went into the season knowing the organization could sit the No. 60 team at any time. Roush President Steve Newmark said Wednesday the organization had hoped to lure a sponsor by running Bayne in the first five races of the season. "We started the year with the idea we were going to run him and spur some additional interest. But at some point we knew it wasnt tenable to continue that program this year," Newmark said. "But it is not a reflection of our commitment to Trevor, and we fully expect him to be a mainstay at the (Sprint) Cup level for years to come." Bayne is scheduled to race Saturday nights Sprint Cup Series race for the Wood Brothers, the team he drove for last year when he won the Daytona 500. It will be his third Cup start of the season, and Texas is where he made his Cup debut in 2010. Newmark said the No. 60 Ford is not shuttered, and if sponsorship becomes available, Bayne will resume racing in the Nationwide Series on a part-time basis. He leaves trailing series leader Elliott Sadler by 34 points, and with three top-10 finishes in the first five races. Sponsorship issues have plagued the personable 21-year-old Bayne the last two years, even after his breakthrough Daytona victory. The Wood Brothers, a partner with Roush, could not attract a sponsor to run Bayne for the full Cup schedule last year or this season, and his Nationwide program has been largely unsponsored. Newmark said the first two months of the season have been difficult on Bayne. But the organization hopes that between the Wood Brothers and the Nationwide program Bayne will run about 30 races this year, leading to an eventual full-time Cup ride. "The character and maturity that Trevor has, I often forget that hes only 21," said Newmark. "Its been tough on him, but I think he also recognized that living week-to-week wasnt an ideal situation for him or his team guys. But well continue looking, and the expectation is that well add more races. By no means is he done in the Nationwide Series this year. We just came to the recognition its not going to be full time." Still, Newmark said the focus at Roush right now is selling races for 2013. Despite being one of NASCARs elite organizations, the team has been hit hard by sponsorship cutbacks. Former series champion Matt Kenseth, this years Daytona 500 winner, does not have full season sponsorship despite being tied for third in the Cup standings. The cutback in spending by primary sponsor UPS caused Roush to suspend its No. 6 Cup program, and both Bayne and defending Nationwide champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. have been short on funding this year. Newmark said the difficulty in landing sponsors for Nationwide drivers stems in part to the amount of availability in the Cup Series. With many sponsors no longer stepping up for a full 36-race schedule, companies are able to buy into a Cup program at a smaller level. "I dont think its a reflection on Trevor, but, in large part, its been the availability of races with Cup drivers over the last few months," he said. "There are so many folks out there, and the price points had fallen. And, at the end of the day, Cup does provide benefits to partners that Nationwide does not." With an eye on 2013, the goal at Roush is to get Stenhouse into the No. 6 Cup ride full time next year. He ran the car in the Daytona 500, but Newmark said there are no plans this year to enter him in any more Cup races at this time. "The goal is to try to figure out how to have Ricky in that car full time for next year," Newmark said. "We want both of them full time in Cup, but, I think what were realistically looking at is Ricky in Cup and Trevor full time in Nationwide and running Cup with the Wood Brothers." Wholesale Jerseys China . We want to reward the best teams from Matchday 1, while also keeping in mind the teams that they are and what they should become. Wholesale Jerseys From China . Fortunately for the Atlanta Braves right-hander, his poor start was merely a footnote in an otherwise uplifting performance that produced a 3-2 victory over the Washington Nationals on Sunday. http://herownblog.com/wholes... . The underperforming English champions are last in Group D with only two points from four matches after opening the campaign with a 3-2 loss at Madrid. "It is very difficult, because probably we did some mistakes in the first game," City manager Roberto Mancini said Tuesday. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-jerseys-cheap/]Wholesale Jerseys For Cheap . -- Steve Blake will miss the Los Angeles Lakers game against San Antonio on Tuesday with a minor abdominal strain, leaving the club without its top two point guards. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . Coming on the heels of Calgarys wild Western Semi-Final win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Lewis said the Lions were hoping Saskatchewan would win so they wouldnt have to face the Stamps in the Western Final, according to a story in the Calgary Herald.Dutch BMX racer Raymon van der Biezen enjoyed a perfect day at the London 2012 Olympic Games BMX track, winning every moto and advancing to the semi-finals. One day after setting the fastest qualifying time of the session, van der Biezen defninitively beat the seven riders in his heat to advance. "I did what I had to do," said van der Biezen. "I had the start on the inside, which is a slight advantage and I used it well." Joining the Dutch rider from the first heat is Latvian Edzus Treimanis , who bounced back after a heavy crash during qualifying. Frenchman Quentin Caleyron and Australian Khalen Young both advanced after the subsequent fourth and fifth motos. American Connor Fields was equally dominant in the second heat, winning the first three motos to qualify for the semis. Also advancing with Fields is the home town hero, Liam Phillips of Great Britain. "I had lots of fun out there today. Its what I dream of, really," said Phillips. "I have competed in this sport since I was five. I still cant comprehend it now, 6,000 people have paid to come and watch. Its special." Canadian Tory Nyhaug was racing in the second heat, and started strong with a third place in the first moto. During the second moto Nyhaug found himself stuck behind a crashing Jelle van Gorkom. Nyhaug was then run over by the last placed rider before getting up to finish seventh. The bad luck continued in the third moto, when Nyahug was forced into barriers on the outside of the first corner. With no space to pedal, Nyhaug dropped back, finishing sixth. In the fourth heat, Nyhaug finished third, but was still back from the remaining qualification spots..ddddddddddddIn the fifth heat, everything seemed to go the right way with Nyhaug. A strong start enabled the Coquitlam, B.C., rider open a lead and ride to the finish in first place. One of his rivals crashed out, but on the final straight, Dutch rider Rihards Veide crossed in second, enough to advance to the next round, and eliminate Nyhaug. Also advancing is Andres Eduardo Caicedo of Colombia. Marc Willers of New Zealand and Joris Daudet of France advanced after the first three heats, while American David Herman and Swiss rider Roger Rinderknecht nabbed the final two spots after the fifth moto. Willers benefitted from a crash behind him during the first moto that took out the whole field. "I heard a crash and I knew it was low in the turn," said Willers. "I cant believe my luck, thats why I trained to get out from so I don;t have to get caught up in all that kind of stuff." In the final heat, Twan van Gendt of the Netherlands, and Maris Strombergs of Latvia - the defending Olympic champion - made the early cut after three motos, while World Champion Sam Willoughby of Australia and Carlos Mario Zabala took the third and fourth qualification spots following the final moto. "I wasnt too satisfied about my first and second moto," said Strombergs. "I just couldnt quite put it together. Just a lack of focus. I had a good third moto. I never thought it was going to be that hard to come in as Olympic champion. Its a lot of pressure when you start thinking about it." On Friday, both the mens and womens fields will contest the semifinals before advancing to the finals for a one-time shot at an Olympic medal. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes