Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

tant." Kenseth hasnt won at Chicagoland e - Off To...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

tant." Kenseth hasnt won at Chicagoland e

Started by a123456, 2013/07/20 12:47AM
Latest post: 2013/07/20 12:47AM, Views: 469, Posts: 1
tant." Kenseth hasnt won at Chicagoland e
#1   2013/07/20 12:47AM
a123456
CLEVELAND -- Fed up with losing, the Toronto Raptors are finally changing their attitude. Falcons Jersey . "Sooner or later, youve got to man up and buck up," coach Dwane Casey said after a 113-99 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday night. The Raptors bucked up in many ways in winning their third straight game for the first time this season. Jose Calderon scored a season-high 23 points and Toronto won on the road for the second time this season. The Raptors snapped an 11-game skid away from home, winning on the road for the first time since Nov. 13 when they beat Indiana. Toronto is 2-14 away from the Air Canada Centre. "At some point, you have to play and have some fun," Calderon said. "At the end of the day, its a team sport. Its about doing it the right way and getting everyone involved -- thats what were doing right now." Alan Anderson hit three 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and finished with 18 points for Toronto. Amir Johnson scored 17 points and DeMar DeRozan added 16. John Lucas III had eight points in the final quarter, including a key four-point play. Toronto again played without centre Andrea Bargnani and guard Kyle Lowry, their second and third leading scorers. Both have missed the last four games. Bargnani has an injured right elbow while Lowry has a torn right triceps. Cleveland coach Byron Scott knows his team hasnt been doing much right lately. The Cavaliers have dropped 10 of 11. "When you give up 64 points in the second half and 35 in the fourth quarter, youre not going to win a lot of games," Scott said. The Cavaliers have lost four straight since beating the Los Angeles Lakers last week. Cleveland dropped a one-point decision to New York on Saturday. "Im not trying to make excuses, but when we play the lower-echelon teams we dont come out as we want to," said Kyrie Irving, who led Cleveland with 23 points. "When were playing against the Lakers and New York, were in the game. We have to come with a more focused attitude." Irving was coming off a career-high 41 points against the Knicks. The reigning rookie of the year, currently playing with a broken bone in his jaw, is wearing a protective mask. Cavaliers centre Anderson Varejao, the leagues leading rebounder, left the game briefly after injuring his right knee in the first quarter. Playing with a sleeve on his knee, Varejao had 22 points and 10 rebounds in 39 minutes. Scott hopes he will be able to play Wednesday night in Boston. "Im still concerned," Scott said. "Even though he played ... weve got a flight, weve got another (game) tomorrow. Well see how he feels." Varejao landed awkwardly on his right leg and crumpled to the floor in pain after being fouled late in the first quarter. He limped to the locker room, but returned with 9:04 remaining in the second quarter. The Cavaliers announced he had a bruised knee. Seconds after returning to the game, Varejao was knocked hard to the floor by Johnson and appeared to land on his tailbone. Johnson was assessed with a flagrant one foul and Varejao stayed in the game. The Raptors led 78-76 going into the fourth quarter, but used a 17-7 run to open a 12-point lead. John Lucas IIIs four-point play, two 3-pointers by Anderson and five points by Johnson helped Toronto build its lead. Anderson began the quarter with a 3-pointer and Lucas followed with a rebound basket. After a Dion Waiters dunk, Lucas hit a 3-pointer, was fouled by Daniel Gibson and made the free throw to put Toronto ahead 87-78. Johnson then hit two foul shots, converted a three-point play and Anderson hit his second 3-pointer. The Raptors have won six of their last eight games against the Cavaliers overall, including each of their last four trips to Cleveland. Waiters returned after missing eight games with a sprained left ankle, scoring eight points in 29 minutes. Irving and Waiters were starting together in the backcourt for only the 11th time this season. Irving missed 11 games with a broken left index finger before returning last week. Gibson left the game in the fourth quarter with a sprained right ankle. He didnt know if he would play against Boston. NOTES: Toronto F Landry Fields (elbow) has been cleared to play, but he saw no action Tuesday. Fields hasnt played since Nov. 7 and Casey wants to work him in slowly after missing 20 games. ... Raptors C Jonas Valanciunas, a native of Lithuania, was cheered on by several members of the Cleveland Lithuanian Club. ... Cleveland F Omri Casspi, who missed three games with the stomach flu, was healthy Tuesday, but didnt play. ... The Cavaliers, starting a stretch of four games in five nights, play at Boston on Wednesday. . This week, Arsenal catches offensive fire while Everton gets unlucky and Manchester United shines with their brightest lights on the bench. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-jacquizz-rodgers-jersey... Rodgers Jersey . LOUIS -- Over and over again, the scene was repeated. . Canada will play for bronze. Deep into second half extra-time stoppage time, Morgan found space in the box and got on the end of a cross from midfield substitute Heather OReilly to head the USA into the championship game against Japan. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tony-gonzalez-jersey-un... Gonzalez Womens Jersey . Racing in lane six, the Burlington, Ont., native gave a strong performance to claim second behind Mathieu Goubel of France and advance to the final. JOLIET, Ill. -- Jimmie Johnson took an immediate step toward another Sprint Cup title -- but the five-time champion is well aware it was a small one. Johnson won the pole Saturday for this weekends Sprint Cup race at Chicagoland Speedway, an impressive start for the man whose streak of five Cup titles came to an end last year. The Chase for the Sprint Cup begins with Sundays 400-mile event, but Johnson shrugged off any talk of an immediate statement. "Its too early in the Chase to be over-the-top excited or down and out if you didnt qualify like you wanted to," Johnson said. Johnson qualified at 182.865 mph, good enough for his second pole of the year and 27th of his career. The other 11 drivers in the Chase had mixed results in qualifying. Matt Kenseth was third, one spot ahead of Dale Earnhardt Jr, and Kasey Kahne was sixth -- but Earnhardt will have to start from the back because of an engine change. "I dont think we are super concerned," said Steve Letarte, Earnhardts crew chief. "We had a great car in practice and qualified really well so we showed we have good speed. Fortunately, this is a racetrack that there are multiple pit strategies and its not a really simple straightforward pit strategy to call. I think there will be a lot of opportunities to use our good pit stops and place on pit road to get back toward the front." Johnson has never won a Cup race at this track. If he can leave with a victory in the Chase opener, then that may be the time to celebrate a bit. "I think a win sends a statement for sure. Im not so sure that its because I havent won here before," Johnson said. "Ive been so close before, that I dont think the statement would really be in that. ... We know what wins mean, and we know what max points mean, and it would be more in that than anything." Denny Hamlin, the top seed in the Chase, was eighth, a spot ahead of Clint Bowyer. "I justt wanted it because I dont win poles all that often," Johnson said. [url=http://www.falconsofficialteamstore.com/autographed-tony-gonzalez-jersey-un... Gonzalez Authentic Jersey[/url]. "I was certain that a Chaser was going to win the pole today. I think thats the way its going to be through the remaining races. Youre going to see the best out of the Chase group." Not everyone in the Chase qualified near the top, though. Brad Keselowski was 13th, Martin Truex Jr. was 18th and Jeff Gordon was 19th. "We ran the same time we did yesterday so it wasnt a very good lap," Gordon said. "Its going to put us back. The car was a little bit loose. I think a lot of people are struggling with that." Greg Biffle was 22nd, defending champion Tony Stewart qualified 29th and Kevin Harvick was all the way back in 35th. "Really loose. We were all over the place on that lap," Stewart said. "Sunday is when it matters." Stewart has 10 top-five finishes this year -- and only nine top-10 starts. His most recent victory -- at Daytona in July -- came after he started 42nd because of a failed inspection. Aric Almirola, who isnt part of the Chase, qualified second Saturday. Kenseth will start in the top three for only the third time in 2012, and hes eager to take advantage. "I think it does matter probably more, where you qualified, than it did back in the day," Kenseth said. "Everybodys closer to the same speed. Its more difficult to pass. Track position seems to be more important." Kenseth hasnt won at Chicagoland either and has only four top-10 finishes in 11 starts. Johnson at least has finished in the top 10 in eight of his 10 Cup starts at the track, including two second-place showings. "Ive dropped the ball, and then weve had some things work against us, but its a track Ive always enjoyed," said Johnson, who does have a Nationwide Series win at Chicagoland. "I smile when I know Im coming up here. I love the area, love the track." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes