Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

his ccareer as a professi - Off Topic Forum. - Co...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

his ccareer as a professi

Started by a123456, 2013/07/18 03:08AM
Latest post: 2013/07/18 03:08AM, Views: 470, Posts: 1
his ccareer as a professi
#1   2013/07/18 03:08AM
a123456
ST. Beats Dre . PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Josh Willingham kept his hot stretch going with a hit at the perfect time. Willingham extended his season-opening hitting streak to 14 games with a go-ahead three-run double and the Minnesota Twins beat the Tampa Bay Rays 5-4 on Friday night. "Another big night for our left fielder, whats his name? ... Willingham," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said with a smile. "I seem to be calling that name out an awful lot. Hes fun to watch. Hes been on the baseball, thats for sure." Willinghams hit in the seventh off Joel Peralta puts him one away from tying Kirby Pucketts team mark of hitting safely in 15 straight games to start the 1994 season. "I was just battling," Willingham said. "That was a 1-2 count. I was looking for anything. I was trying to see the ball out of his hand. Just reacted to the fastball." The Twins also got two RBIs from Joe Mauer, who went 2 for 3 with two walks. Mauer is 31 for 70 overall at Tropicana Field. "For whatever reason I see the ball pretty good here," Mauer said. "So hopefully I can continue that the next couple days." Evan Longoria and Matt Joyce homered for the Rays. Longoria had a homer and four RBIs in Tampa Bays 9-4 win Thursday night at Toronto. "They just beat us," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "They got the hit that they needed, we did not and they won. So we just have to move on." After Tampa Bay tied it with a run on Carlos Penas bases-loaded double-play grounder in the sixth, Longoria gave Tampa Bay a 4-2 lead with a two-run shot off Liam Hendriks. "Thats the way that guy is," Gardenhire said of Longoria. "You make a mistake and he kills it, and he did." Mauer had put the Twins ahead 2-0 on RBI singles in the first and fifth. "Were never out of it until the 27th out is recorded," Mauer said. "Its a big difference between this year and last year. Guys keep fighting, keep swinging the bats and thats what you got to do." Joyce cut the Rays deficit to 2-1 during the fifth on his fourth homer of the season. Hendriks gave up four runs and five hits in 5 2-3 innings. Tampa Bays Matt Moore allowed three runs and eight hits over 6 1-3 innings. Brandon Gomes (0-1) replaced Moore and was charged for two runs, one hit and a walk without recording an out. Twins reliever Matt Maloney (1-0) retired all three batters he faced. Matt Capps pitched the ninth for his fourth save. Tampa Bay centre fielder B.J. Upton was reinstated from the 15-day disabled list and utility man Stephen Vogt was optioned to Triple-A Durham before the game. Upton hurt his lower back in an outfield collision with teammate Desmond Jennings during a spring training game against Miami on March 14. He grounded out with a runner on third and two outs in the second, and finished 0 for 3. NOTES: Minnesota 1B-DH Justin Morneau, who fouled a ball off his right foot Thursday night, was out of the lineup, but available off the bench. "Everything is fine," Gardenhire said. "Its pretty sore. I didnt see any reason to put him out there on this (artificial) surface. Its pretty hard. I expect him to be back out there (Saturday). ... Tampa Bay RHP James Shields (2-0) and Twins RHP Carl Pavano (1-1) are Saturday nights scheduled starters. ... After the game, Tampa Bay optioned INF Reid Brignac to Durham to make room for 1B-OF Brandon Allen, who was claimed off waivers Thursday from Oakland. beats by dre on sale . The Raptors lost Johnson when he was ejected with 5:01 left in the third quarter after getting involved in a tug-of-war for the basketball with referee David Jones. Beats by Dre . For Italy, it was a bit of a reprieve. Beginning its bid for a third straight major title, the Spanish rallied to earn a 1-1 draw Sunday against Italy, which entered this years European Championship amid another match-fixing scandal. http://www.beatsbydreukonlinestor... . -- Notre Dame running back Cierre Wood announced Monday he is entering the NFL draft, deciding against returning for a final year of eligibility. [url=http://www.beatsbydreukonlinestore.co.uk/]cheap beats by dre uk . He took a line drive off his leg and had to be helped off the field. Dr Dre Beats uk . For two games, Braden Holtby has matched him save for save. Making just his second NHL post-season appearance, Holtby stopped 43 shots Saturday to lead the Washington Capitals to a 2-1 victory over the Boston Bruins.LONDON -- Team Sky says sports director Steven de Jongh has left the British squad after admitting to doping during his cycling career. The Dutchmans departure comes after the team asked staff and riders to confirm whether they had any links to doping in the wake of the Lance Armstrong scandal. Team Sky says De Jongh "disclosed that he had taken a banned substance earlier in his ccareer as a professional rider. Beats Dre uk. quot; Team principal Dave Brailsford says "hes been a highly-valued sports director and colleague over three seasons." De Jonghs exit comes less than a week after American coach Bobby Julich left Team Sky after revealing he took EPO in his racing career. Team Sky rider Bradley Wiggins won the Tour de France in July. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes