Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Special Forces Unit and has also provided assi - O...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Special Forces Unit and has also provided assi

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/17 11:15PM
Latest post: 2013/07/17 11:15PM, Views: 456, Posts: 1
Special Forces Unit and has also provided assi
#1   2013/07/17 11:15PM
fengzhu
MILWAUKEE -- Yovani Gallardo gave the Milwaukee Brewers what they needed heading into a big week of games against division rivals. Gallardo struck out a career-high 14 in seven innings and the Brewers used a four-run sixth to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-1 on Sunday. "Its really like win or go home every game," Gallardo said. "We all know the nine games we have here, the next series with the Cardinals, then the Reds. Theyre very important." Gallardo (8-6) gave up four hits, including Andrew McCutchens homer in the fourth. Milwaukee took two of three from the Pirates. St. Louis comes in for three and then the homestand ends with three against the Reds. Gallardo struck out two in every inning except the sixth when he fanned just one and the side in the seventh. "Command was probably the best Ive had all year," he said. "That really helped." Pirates manager Clint Hurdle felt that the team took itself out of the game against Gallardo. "We got in a bad rut here, swinging the bat as far as striking out," Hurdle said. "Gallardo was very good today. We were susceptible to a lot of things he was doing. He had a very sharp breaking ball." Gallardo won consecutive starts for the second time this season. Martin Maldonado went 3 for 4 with one RBI for Milwaukee. John Axford pitched the ninth for his 16th save. McCutchen, who had three of the Pirates five hits, hit his 21st homer and fifth in the past four games. He also had two singles. He is batting .560 (28 for 50) with seven homers, 19 runs scored and 16 RBIs in past 12 games and leads the majors with a .371 average. "He is as good a player as there is in the league," Hurdle said. "He is playing at an elite level, all across the board. He has earned his name being in those (MVP) conversations at this point. But it is still early. Weve all got work to do." McCutchen made an impression on Gallardo, too. "Hes on fire," Gallardo said. "Hes swinging the bat very well. That home run was a pretty good pitch. It was on the outside part of the plate." A.J. Burnett (10-3) had his career-high nine-game winning streak ended. "Things happen. Its baseball," he said. "Its not from a lack of effort. These guys try as hard as they can out there. It just didnt go our way." It did go the Pirates way early as Burnett stranded seven runners in scoring position through five innings, but then Milwaukee pushed across four runs and four hits and one error in the sixth. Nyjer Morgan singled. Ryan Braun singled to right fielder Garrett Jones, whose throw sailed passed the cutoff man and allowed Morgan to score. Braun went to third on the play and scored on Aramis Ramirezs RBI single. Ramirez stole second as Corey Hart struck out. Ramirez scored on Rickie Weeks double, who then scored on Maldonados third hit of the game. "We didnt defend very well behind him (Burnett) which complicated it," Hurdle said. "The throw and the play at third, those are plays we got to make. We didnt handle the inning very well. A.J. pitched a very, very good ball game today." Burnett allowed four runs and nine hits and struck out seven in seven innings. NOTES: The last Pittsburgh pitcher to win more than nine straight decisions was Dock Ellis with 13 in 1971. ... Walker extended his hitting streak to 15 games with a single in the first. ... Jeff Bianchi made his Brewers debut in the field when he started at shortstop. His contract was selected from Triple-A Nashville on Thursday. He pinch hit on Friday and struck out. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . Brian Ebersole, who is coming off a June 22 decision over T.J. Waldburger, has agreed to step in for the fighter from Mississauga, Ont., against James Head. Wholesale Jerseys For Cheap . Its a sign of just how much has changed for Hinchcliffe in a very short period of time. He wasnt even in IndyCar two years ago, when he was a guest commentator for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway radio team during the race. http://herownblog.com/wholes... . The match turned when Udinese goalkeeper Zeljko Brkic was sent off for a foul on Sebastian Giovinco, leading to a penalty kick that Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal converted in the 14th minute. [url=http://herownblog.com/wholesale-jerseys-cheap/]Wholesale Jerseys China .J. Burnetts mind as he made his dramatic push for a no-hitter. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . Off the field, the fallout from the dispute could endure for some time, particularly in federal court. In a surprising rejection of his successors overreaching punishments, former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue threw out "all discipline" current Commissioner Roger Goodell had imposed on two current Saints, linebacker Jonathan Vilma and defensive end Will Smith, and two players no longer with the club, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita and free-agent defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove. LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- From Notre Dames unbeaten regular season to college footballs biggest awards, Manti Teo just keeps winning. Now the linebacker needs two more victories to cap an unforgettable senior season. Teo was honoured three times at the 22nd Home Depot College Football Awards show Thursday night at Disney World, including the Maxwell Award for the nations most outstanding player. Teo has now won six major awards since the end of Notre Dames regular season, also taking home the Bednarik Award for top defensive player and Walter Camp Foundation player of the year award on Thursday. He became the first defensive player to win the Maxwell Award since 1980, ending a string of nine straight quarterbacks. Next up is the Heisman Trophy ceremony on Saturday night, with Teo and Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel considered the favourites. Then Teo will try to help the Fighting Irish dethrone defending champion Alabama in the BCS national championship game. "Im at a loss for words," he said of winning the Maxwell. "The last time I ever dreamt of winning that award was on a video game. So to win it is a mind-blowing experience." Wearing a black beaded lei representing his native Hawaii, Teo said coming back to play football following the deaths of his grandmother and girlfriend just four days apart this season makes everything hes achieved since then more worthwhile. "I never thought that me coming back for my senior year would be the best situation for me with the tragedy," Teo said. "Its a testament that the Lord answered my prayers and that I had 80-plus brothers there with me, sacrificing for me." Teo finished the regular season with 103 tackles and seven interceptions. Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly, who was presented with the Coach of the Year award after leading the Irish to their first 12-0 regular season since 1988, said Teo is an example of the family culture hes tried to build in his three seasons in South Bend. "Everybody knows you dont do it with one guy," Kelly said. "Collectively, everybody just bought in. ... We still got one (game) left. We want to finish it off the right way." While Teo and Notre Dame certainly had a big night, so too did Texas A&M. Manziel won the Davey OBrien National Quarterback Award and junior offensive linneman Luke Joeckel took home the Outland Trophy for the nations best interior lineman.dddddddddddd Other players honoured Thursday were Southern Californias Marqise Lee (Biletnikoff Award for top receiver), Tulanes Cairo Santos (Lou Groza Award for top kicker), Louisiana Techs Ryan Allen (Ray Guy Award for top punter), Mississippi States Johnthan Banks (Jim Thorpe Award for top defensive back), and Wisconsins Montee Ball (Doak Walker Award for top running back). Manziel acknowledged he will be nervous Saturday knowing he has a chance to win college footballs most hallowed individual honour. Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein is the third finalist for the Heisman Trophy. Three sophomores have won the Heisman, including Tim Tebow in 2007, Sam Bradford in 2008 and Mark Ingram in 2009. The best a first-year player has ever done is second. "I had high expectations, but I never would have expected this for myself," said Manziel, a redshirt freshman. "Ill be with two of the best players in the country, all eyes are on you. Its the biggest award in college football. I think youre gonna have a few butterflies." Joeckel said that even he has been amazed at watching "Johnny Football" and his exploits this season. "Its hard to protect for someone when nobody knows where he is," Joeckel said of Manziel. "Hes a fun guy to block for." Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said that type of level-headed poise is what has defined his quarterback all season. "The way he plays, no moment has been too big for him," Sumlin said. In one of the non-competition awards presented Thursday, Texas long snapper Nate Boyer was also honoured with the Disney Spirit Award, given annually to the most inspirational figure or team. Boyer, a 32-year-old sophomore, earned a Bronze Star for his service with the U.S. Army Special Forces Unit and has also provided assistance to autistic children and Darfur refugees. Former Notre Dame coach Ara Parseghian was also honoured with the Contribution to College Football Award for his works off the field. Kelly said the former coach is every bit as revered as he was in his prime leading the Irish. "He walks with a limp, but let me tell you, he could still coach today. And he can tell me things about my football team." Kelly said. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes