Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

bel said. Notes: Diamondbacks RHP Daniel Hud - Off...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

bel said. Notes: Diamondbacks RHP Daniel Hud

Started by fengzhu, 2013/07/14 11:01PM
Latest post: 2013/07/14 11:01PM, Views: 633, Posts: 1
bel said. Notes: Diamondbacks RHP Daniel Hud
#1   2013/07/14 11:01PM
fengzhu
ALAMEDA, Calif. Cheap Authentic Nike NFL Jerseys . -- The Oakland Raiders had something more meaningful to celebrate on Monday than their first win under a new regime. Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey was released from the hospital a day after being knocked out by a helmet-to-helmet hit and is expected to make a full recovery. Heyward-Bey suffered a concussion and a strained neck on the scary hit from Pittsburgh safety Ryan Mundy that stopped the game Sunday for more than 10 minutes as Heyward-Bey had to regain consciousness before being carted off the field and taken to the hospital. There was no penalty called on the play by the replacement officials. Heyward-Bey spent the night in the hospital for observation and went home Monday, where he is resting. Coach Dennis Allen said Heyward-Bey sounded tired when he talked with him and there is no word on when he will be cleared to return to the field. "The concussion is obviously the bigger issue than anything else right now," Allen said. "Hes a guy that were going to have to continue to evaluate and see where hes at. We were all pleased to see that it wasnt anything severe as far as neck injury or anything like that." The injury happened early in the fourth quarter of Oaklands 34-31 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. Heyward-Bey was running across the end zone to catch a pass from Carson Palmer when Mundy launched his body and lowered his helmet into Heyward-Beys facemask. Heyward-Beys neck jerked violently and his head also crashed into the ground as he lost consciousness. The pass was incomplete. Mundy said after the game that he did not intentionally lead with his helmet and felt bad that another player was injured. Allen said he did not believe there was any intent to injure on Mundys part. "Its the game of football," Allen said. "I dont think people are trying to go out there and hurt people. The safety was playing the game fast and physical. Its a tough game to play when youre making split-second decisions on how you play the game. Its the unfortunate things that happen in this game but we move on from it." Heyward-Beys eyes were shut for 10 minutes as trainers attended to him as he lay motionless. He was strapped to a table and placed on a cart. As the cart started to leave the field, he raised his right hand to roaring cheers. "It was tough," Allen said. "I was actually out on the field watching everything as it took place. And it was a scary situation, and were blessed and were fortunate that hes going to be fine. Thats part of this game that we play and its a tough part of the game, but were happy that Darrius is going to be fine." While Allen said it was a judgment call and did not blame the substitute officials who are calling games because the NFL has locked out the regulars, fans at the Coliseum started a derogatory chant aimed at the officials and some Raiders players complained. "Obviously the refs, sometimes theyre going to make the calls, sometimes theyre not," receiver Derek Hagan said after the game. "I definitely dont want to rip into them, but I really felt like it was one of those calls that shouldve been made. But they didnt throw the flag, they missed, it. Sometimes theyre going to miss calls and its very unfortunate that a teammate of ours is down and injured." Heyward-Bey has nine catches for 98 yards and a touchdown this season. With his status up in the air, Allen said the team may need to look at bringing in another receiver this week. Heyward-Bey wasnt the only Raider to suffer a concussion from a hit by Mundy in the game. On the game-winning drive, tight end Brandon Myers was knocked out with a legal hit from Mundy. Allen said Myers felt fine Monday but would have to go through the concussion protocol before he can return. Stitched NBA Jerseys . The 50-year-old Clemens is scheduled to pitch Saturday for the Sugar Land Skeeters against the Bridgeport Bluefish in the independent Atlantic League. Wholesale Authentic NCAA Jerseys . -- Mike Williams career that was reignited with the Seattle Seahawks in 2010 came to an end Friday when he was suddenly cut by the Seahawks two weeks before the start of training camp. http://www.shopcheap... . Now the Vancouver Whitecaps have a new executive chair. The former Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games chief, Furlong was appointed to the post Thursday after a chance meeting with Greg Kerfoot, the Major League Soccer clubs majority owner, at a dinner party about six weeks ago. [url=http://www.shopcheapjerseysusaonline.com/mlb-jerseys/]Stitched MLB Jerseys . The 32-year-old Owen has agreed to a one-year deal with Stoke after failing to re-ignite his career at Old Trafford during three injury-blighted seasons. Stoke announced details of the signing on Twitter. Wholesale Authentic NHL Jerseys . Theyre the only mens basketball players from the United States to compete in three Olympics — and with a potential age-limit rule change looming, maybe the last ones. CHICAGO -- After four days off and then a nearly four-hour rain delay, Alfonso Soriano came out swinging. The Cubs veteran slugger homered twice, hit two doubles and had five RBIs Friday as Chicago beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 8-1 in the first game after the All-Star break. "Oh man," Soriano said. "I swung very good today. Those four days I cleared my mind and my body, too. The game I had, I hope I have a couple of more like that." So do the Cubs, who have suddenly won 10 of their last 14. Lefty Paul Maholm picked up his third straight win with seven strong innings and was able to keep his concentration during a 3-hour and 40-minute rain delay before the first pitch. "I tried to stay busy. The cable went out for a little while so it was kind of a quiet clubhouse," Maholm said. Even though it wasnt raining at the time, the Cubs held up the start of the game after radar showed a big storm coming toward Wrigley Field. When it finally arrived, the deluge soaked the warning tracks and bullpens on either side of the field, creating ankle-deep water in some spots. "You just deal with rain delays," Maholm said. "I get ready as though the game is starting on time. I came out today to start long tossing and they said they were going to delay it 20 minutes and it turned into 4 hours. Its a little different because you never know when its going to stop." Soriano launched his 16th homer leading off the fourth, a shot to left that cleared the bleachers and put the Cubs up 2-1. And with two outs and two on the fifth, he hit a high drive that landed over the fence in centre to make it 5-1. Both homers came off Ian Kennedy. He added a run-scoring double in the seventh off Brad Ziegler. It was Sorianos s second multi-homer game this season and 30th of his career. The 36-year-old slugger has hit all of his 17 homers this season since May 15. His five RBIs tied a career high. "There was a lot of rain. Its important we got the win because its a long day," Soriano said. "We got the win. It doesnt matter how long we stay here at tthe ball park. Authentic MLB Jerseys. " Kennedy (6-8) gave up seven hits and six runs in five-plus innings, hitting a batter, walking two and throwing two wild pitches. He hadnt pitched since July 4. "Long delay, but theres no excuses. I didnt pitch very good," Kennedy said. It makes it even longer for me. Long break in between starts. You want to start off good after the All-Star break. Thats not how you should pitch in order to win a game." Maholm (7-6) allowed six hits and a run in seven innings to win his third straight start. He drove in a run with a bunt in the sixth inning. Maholm had his shortest start of the season when he faced the Diamondbacks on June 23 in Phoenix, lasting 3 1-2 innings and giving up nine hits and six earned runs. He hasnt lost since that outing. After four days off for the All-Star break and then the long delay, the Diamondbacks came out ready to go as Willie Bloomquist led off with a double and Aaron Hill beat out a bunt single. Bloomquist scored on Justin Uptons double play grounder, the first of two double plays turned by the Cubs in the first two innings. Kennedys wildness helped Chicago tie it in the second. Soriano led off with a double, reached third on a fly and scored on a wild pitch. Diamondbacks left fielder Jason Kubel was pulled in the seventh inning with a tight right hamstring. The outfield grass was still slick from the rain and he slipped early in the game. "I felt it all game long. It just didnt get any better. All the balls I had to go after, I had to sprint after them. Nothing easy after that," Kubel said. Notes: Diamondbacks RHP Daniel Hudson had successful Tommy John surgery on Monday in Los Angeles. It was performed by Dr. Lewis Yocum. ... Cubs 3B Ian Stewart had surgery on his left wrist Tuesday in Cleveland. The team will determine in August if he will play again this season. .., Arizona RHP Josh Collmenter will move back to bullpen with LHP Joe Saunders (left shoulder strain) returning to start Saturday after coming off the DL. ... Announced attendance was 36,878. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes