Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

fourth inning - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

fourth inning

Started by a123456, 2013/07/11 04:11AM
Latest post: 2013/07/11 04:11AM, Views: 535, Posts: 1
fourth inning
#1   2013/07/11 04:11AM
a123456
ASHBURN, Va. Frank Gore Jersey . -- Robert Griffin III took part in the Washington Redskins full practice Friday for the first time this week and appears set to play Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings. Griffin was full-go after being limited Wednesday and Thursday while recovering from a concussion suffered in last weeks 24-17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. The rookie quarterback has been subject to NFL-mandated post-concussion medical tests that he must pass before he can play. "If he passes his tests and we dont see any symptoms, then it looks like hell be ready to go," coach Mike Shanahan said. Shanahan reiterated that the final decision will be made by the medical professionals. "Thats what we have doctors for," the coach said. "Doctors make those decisions; we dont. ... Thats why we run all these tests. But why would you not let somebody play if hes felt good right at the end of the game, every day until now? But if he has these tests after practice and all of sudden hes not feeling good or somethings wrong, obviously were not going to take the chance." Griffin is officially listed as questionable on the injury report. Shanahan was less optimistic about receiver Pierre Garcon, who is bothered by a sore right foot and is also listed as questionable. Shanahan said Garcon didnt take many snaps in practice Friday. Garcon, who signed a five-year, $42.5-million contract in the off-season, has only eight catches this season. "Its tender and its still sore, but its a pain issue," Shanahan said. "Not sore enough to where he cant push off all the time, so thats why we listed him as questionable." Colin Kaepernick 49ers Jersey . Former UFC middleweight title contender Patrick Cote likely had the roughest go Saturday as he suffered a unanimous decision loss to action movie star Cung Le in his first bout since getting cut by the UFC in October 2010. Donte Whitner Jersey . -- Jimmy Graham flies airplanes upside down. http://www.shop4... . Buddle, who re-joined the Galaxy in February after a year with Bundesliga 2 side FC Ingolstadt, scored three goals in 28 appearances across all competitions for Los Angeles last season. The 31-year-old has 93 goals in 250 career regular season games with the Galaxy, Columbus Crew, Red Bull New York and Toronto FC. [url=http://www.shop49ersgear.us/deion-sanders-49ers-jersey/]Deion Sanders 49ers Jersey . Andrea Stramaccioni was promoted from youth club coach and will now direct the first team, Inter said on its website. He becomes Inters fifth different manager since Jose Mourinho departed upon leading Inter to a treble in 2010. Colin Kaepernick Official Jersey . It would be sweet redemption for a year ago, when he was passed by Jenson Buttons McLaren Mercedes on the final lap of a wild, rain-delayed event to let victory slip away at a race he has yet to win.SEATTLE -- The Seattle Mariners have struggled to score at home this season, so this one was particularly nice. Casper Wells hit a go-ahead, three-run double with two out in the seventh inning and the Mariners beat the slumping Baltimore Orioles 6-3 on Monday night. Miguel Olivo and Dustin Ackley added back-to-back homers in the eighth as the Mariners rallied to win their first game of the season against Baltimore. "You get a starter late in the ballgame there youre hoping you get a mistake or a pitch to hit and I think we got a couple of those but the fact of the matter is you still have to hit them," Seattle manager Eric Wedge said. "I think thats been our biggest issue. I dont think its been a situation of we havent had pitches to hit." Scoring at Safeco Field has been a constant problem all season for Seattle. The six runs were the Mariners most at home since June 16 and only the second time they reached that number in Seattle since May 21. While the Mariners lineup has been respectable on the road, they entered Monday night hitting below .200 at home. Seattle appeared to be headed for more of the same until it used a pair of walks, a single and Wells clutch hit to move in front against Jason Hammel (8-4) in the seventh. Being better in circumstances like the seventh was something Wells focused on when he was demoted to the minors in late May. "In big situations before I would try and do too much and in situations now I focus on being aggressive and getting a good pitch to hit and its been successful so far," Wells said. Ackley started the seventh with a walk and stole second when Hammel struck out Chone Figgins on a 3-2 pitch. Ackley advanced to third on Munenori Kawasakis single, but Brendan Ryan fouled out when catcher Matt Wieters made the catch at the edge of the top step of the Mariners dugout. Ichiro Suzuki walked to load the bases and Wells followed with a liner that gave Seattle a 4-3 lead. Wells picked up his first RBIs since June 20 at Arizona and atoned for striking out with a runner on second in the third inning. "I did exactly what I wanted, started him with a fastball away and then a slider off the plate, what we had been doing all night," Hammel said. "He chaanged his approach and went out and got it. Jerry Rice Jersey. " Olivo hit his seventh homer against Troy Patton and Ackley drove the next pitch over the wall in right for his fifth of the season. It was the second set of consecutive homers this season for Seattle. Chris Davis hit a three-run shot off Mariners starter Hisashi Iwakuma in the fourth, but that accounted for all of Baltimores offence. After Davis 14th homer, the Orioles got just three baserunners against Iwakuma, Steve Delabar (2-1), Shawn Kelley and Tom Wilhelmsen. Delabar worked two innings, striking out three. Kelley struck out a pair in the eighth and Wilhelmsen worked the ninth for his seventh save in eight chances. Seattle took a 1-0 lead in the third when the unlikely trio of Figgins, Kawasaki and Ryan -- none of whom entered the night hitting higher than .186 -- combined to plate the first run. Figgins led off with a single, moved up on Kawasakis sacrifice and scored on Ryans single to centre. Ryan was stranded at second and Seattle wasted another opportunity in the sixth. Wells one-out single was followed by John Jasos double that should have been caught by Steve Pearce in left, but glanced off his glove. With runners at second and third, Kyle Seager hit a tapper in front of the plate and Olivo struck out. Iwakuma was making a spot start with Kevin Millwood still nursing a sore groin that has twice forced him to leave starts early in the past month. Iwakuma threw five innings, giving up just three hits. But he made the one critical mistake to Davis on a 1-0 pitch. "I thought he did a really nice job today. One bad pitch got him, but he settled down and kept pitching out of that," Wedge said. "A lot of people asked what I expected out of him and I said just give us a chance to win the ballgame." NOTES: The Mariners had three Japanese players in the starting lineup -- Suzuki, Kawasaki and Iwakuma -- for the first time in major league history. ... Seattle signed first-round draft pick C Mike Zunino. Zunino was taken with the No. 3 overall pick in Junes amateur draft. He will be introduced at a news conference on Tuesday. ... Newly acquired Baltimore DH Jim Thome had his first hit with the Os in the fourth inning. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes