Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

is Nov - Off Topic Forum. - Country Music Forums ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

is Nov

Started by a123456, 2013/07/11 04:09AM
Latest post: 2013/07/11 04:09AM, Views: 592, Posts: 1
is Nov
#1   2013/07/11 04:09AM
a123456
ST. Daniel Fells Patriots Jersey . JOHNS, N.L. -- Travis Ramsey isnt known for his scoring touch, but he got a key goal on Friday. Ramsey had the winner for the St. Johns IceCaps in their 2-1 victory over the Adirondack Phantoms on Friday night in American Hockey League action. Ramsey was as surprised as anybody to score the deciding goal. "It felt great, its been awhile," said Ramsey. "It kind of surprised me as much as everyone else. Not really too typical of my game style I would say." The veteran defenceman last scored on April 13 in a 3-1 victory over the Worcester Sharks. Ramsey had four goals last season, but none the year before that. It was a home-opening win for the IceCaps (2-1-0), who also got a goal from Maxime Macenauer. The Phantoms (1-2-0) had a goal from Andrew Johnston. IceCaps head coach Keith McCambridge usually relies on Ramsey to shut down the opposition and for leadership. "Thats not something we look for Travis Ramsey to do," said McCambridge. "But anytime he gets a key one like that it definitely, not only gives him a boost, but our team the same." Ramsey was self-effacing on Friday. "It was just a great pass over and I just tried to hit the net and hope for the best," said Ramsey. "The closer I get to the net, the foggier my brain gets, so I like to stay far away." McCambridge believes the IceCaps were pumped up to play in St. Johns. "The guys realize its a home opener," said McCambridge. "They realize that youve got to scrounge and scrape for every point you have." IceCaps goaltender Ed Pasquale, who was named first star for making 32 saves in the win, gave credit to his teammates for the victory. "The team played really well in front of me," said Pasquale. "Guys were blocking a lot of shots, especially (Ramsey) tonight. "He took that stick to the face, he was bleeding, then he comes back and gets the winning goal." St. Johns dominated the first period and opened the scoring when Zach Redmond rocketed a slapshot from the point that Macenauer tipped in at 11:31. The first period ended with a 12-7 shot advantage for the IceCaps. The two teams exchanged power-play opportunities, with the IceCaps having two power plays in the first period and the Phantoms with two early in the second, but neither team could capitalize. The second period saw a momentum swing in favour of Adirondack, which outshot St. Johns 15-5 in the period. The Phantoms tied the game up at 12:25 in the second as Johnston tipped in an Eric Wellwood slap shot from the point. IceCaps Alex Burmistrov left the game around the two-minute mark in the second, but he returned to start the third. Ramseys winner came at 9:11 of the third as Jason King, who usually provides some offensive firepower for the club, opted to pass to Ramsey and the six-foot-four defenceman made no mistake. Adirondacks Scott Munroe stopped 24 shots. Both teams went 0-for-5 with the man advantage. Ramsey thinks it is important for the team to establish a stronger home identity this season. "We took a step forward tonight, we need to play gritty," said the 29-year-old. "We took our foot off the pedal at some points in the game, but towards the end you saw guys blocking shots and doing what it takes to get the win." The home fans cheered Pasquale with the usual "Eddie!" chants. "I can hear it but, I dont know if the guys in the room like it or not, because theyre not getting cheered," said the goaltender. "No, its fun. You can always hear them and they were loud tonight, really loud." Brandon Lloyd Limited Patriots Jersey . Gee shook off the rough patch in an otherwise strong outing, Lucas Duda backed him with a homer and single to drive in four runs, and the New York Mets beat the Colorado Rockies 7-5 on Saturday night. Vince Wilfork Jersey . "Im beat up," replied Bryant, who sat at his locker with a cold pack on his bothersome back, wraps on both knees and feet in a plastic tub filled with water and ice. "Trucking along, though." Straining to work out the kinks in an offence coach Mike DAntoni compared to dancing with two left feet, the Lakers ended a four-game losing streak by holding off the worst-in-the-NBA Washington Wizards 102-96 on Friday night, thanks in large part to Bryants 30 points and seven assists, along with Jodie Meeks 24 points. http://www.p... . The Rockies recalled outfielder Charlie Blackmon from Triple-A Colorado Springs on Saturday to take Gonzalezs spot on the active roster. Gonzalez was told after Fridays game of his grandfathers death. [url=http://www.patriotsofficialteamstore.com/tom-brady-jersey/]Tom Brady Black Jersey . He took a line drive off his leg and had to be helped off the field. Tim Tebow Patriots Jersey . Kelly threw four touchdown passes and ran for a fifth score to lead Arizona State to its first bowl win in seven years, a 62-28 victory over Navy in the Fight Hunger Bowl on Saturday.LOS ANGELES -- Barack Obama is urging the NHL and its players to resolve their labour dispute. During an appearance on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno on Wednesday, the U.S. president took time to answer questions submitted from viewers and the studio audience. One fan from Los Angeles asked Obama if he could pull any strings to end the NHLs work stoppage. "You know, I do have a comment on this," said Obama, who is campaigning for re-election. "Every time these things happen I just want to remind the owners and players: You guys make money because youve got a whole bunch of fans out there who are working really hard -- they buy tickets, theyre watching on TV. "You all should be able to figure this out. Get this done. The fans deserve it." Its not the first time Obama has weighed in on a sports labour dispute. Ras-I Dowling Jersey. The president sent a tweet a month ago urging the NFL and its officials to end their lockout. "NFL fans on both sides of the aisle hope the refs lockout is settled soon," he tweeted after a mistake by a replacement official decided the outcome of a game between Seattle and Green Bay. The lockout ended a few days later. The NHL lockout has lasted 40 days. All regular-season games through Nov. 1 have been wiped off the schedule, with more cancellations expected to come before the end of the week. All was quiet between the two sides Thursday, the final day before an NHL-imposed deadline to make a deal with the NHL Players Association and preserve a full hockey season. A partial season remains a possibility. No new talks are scheduled. The U.S. presidential election is Nov. 6. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes