Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

covering from a left hamstring strain. ... Seattle...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

covering from a left hamstring strain. ... Seattle unveiled the first stat

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/22 12:34AM
Latest post: 2014/08/22 12:34AM, Views: 274, Posts: 1
covering from a left hamstring strain. ... Seattle unveiled the first ...
#1   2014/08/22 12:34AM
wff0605
Golfs latest female phenom has no interest in teeing it up with the guys. cheap jerseys . Being able to play full-time on the LPGA Tour is challenge enough for Lexi Thompson. Two days after becoming the youngest winner on the LPGA Tour, the 16-year-old said she plans to petition for an exemption to the tours 18-year-old age requirement. That comes as no surprise to LPGA commissioner Mike Whan, who said he will consider any petition from Thompson when he returns from the Solheim Cup, which begins Friday in Ireland. "Im not going to be playing on the mens tour," Thompson said Tuesday when asked if shed consider playing any PGA Tour events, as Michelle Wie did before she joined the LPGA Tour full-time. "I really just want to focus on womens golf. Theyre so good out here. You have to shoot 20 under every week to win." Or close to it. Thompson shot 17 under to win the Navistar LPGA Classic last weekend, making her the tours youngest champion by more than two years. In the 15 months since she turned professional, Thompson has played 14 events, had three top-10 finishes and earned more than US$500,000. She also is the youngest player to qualify for the U.S. Open, as a 12-year-old in 2007. "I think they should give her full (membership)," seven-time major champion Juli Inkster said after Thompsons victory. "Its kind of silly, isnt it? I think it makes us (the LPGA) look bad, too. Now, you have to go to qualifying school? To me, thats silly." The LPGA Tours age limit is designed to protect players -- both emotionally and developmentally. Golf isnt gymnastics or figure skating, where turning 21 gets you an AARP card. With most female players playing their best golf in their 20s and 30s, theres no sense in a teenager rushing to get onto the tour -- especially if it might come at the expense of other parts of her life. But Whan recognizes there are exceptions. "I look forward to reading (Thompsons) petition and well figure it out from there," Whan said. "But its obviously an incredible win. ... Lexi shows us that 16 years of age isnt just the time to get your drivers license." The LPGA already has shown a willingness to make allowances for Thompson, whose parents have carefully managed her development on and off the course. She is homeschooled to accommodate her practice and travel schedule, but has ample time to hang out with her friends. She sees a lot of movies -- "I havent seen many good ones lately" -- and spent the night before the Navistar began gabbing about boys with fellow teen golfer Janie Jackson. And while she said winning her first LPGA Tour event was "way more exciting" than getting her drivers license earlier this year, she needed a second or two to think it over. "I have the same lifestyle as a lot of high schoolers -- playing sports, just working hard," Thompson said. "I have sacrificed a lot for this game but this is what I love." Though Whan rejected Thompsons request for 12 sponsors exemptions this year, double whats allowed, the LPGA did allow non-members to participate in Monday qualifying, essentially allowing Thompson the chance to earn her way into additional tournaments. Whan also allowed Thompson to go through Q school, and said she would be accepted as a full tour member in 2012 if she succeeded in the three-stage process. Thompson won the first stage by 10 strokes in July. The second stage begins Tuesday, and Thompson said she is prepared to play if her request for an exemption is denied. "I do understand and appreciate that Lexi is a unique case," Whan said. "As such, we gave her kind of the green light to go to Q school and prove it the old-fashioned way. But her win ... is a pretty strong statement." Unlike Wie, who was touted from grade school on as "the next Tiger Woods," Thompson is only now beginning to catch the general publics attention. But she is personable and photogenic, and her deals with Cobra-Puma Golf and Red Bull could help the LPGA expand its appeal with that all-important youth market. Just look at what Rickie Fowler is doing for the mens side. Fowler is in only his second year as a professional, but kids are showing up at tournaments in droves wearing his flat-billed Puma caps and trademark orange shirts. "I want womens golf to be more well-known and to be out there. It is amazing to watch how the girls play and how low they shoot," Thompson said. "Theres a lot of great young players coming up and on tour. Fans just need to see it." jerseys from china . At the start of this season, few knew where that spark would come from, and it looked worse after the Wildcats dropped their opening game against Temple. nfl jerseys china . 21-year-old rookie Jake Gardiner is seemingly never tired, despite the heavy minutes hes logging this season for the Leafs. http://www.bootiedock.com/ . The three judges all scored the fight 115-112 in favour of the defending champion in his first fight in his hometown in 11 years after fighting mostly in Europe. Martinez has 53 victories in 55 fights. cheap jerseys from china . The way he was walking around London on Wednesday, it would have been tough to guess he had surgery a month ago. "I feel good. Rehab is going very well," Wade told The Associated Press. jerseys from china . Hill participated in the teams morning shootaround, which is part of the process of passing his concussion test. But doctors had not yet cleared Hill to play.SEATTLE - Blake Beavan got a few texts from old friends on Friday afternoon asking him to take it easy on the Texas Rangers. Instead of taking it easy, the former Rangers prospect dominated his former club in his finest major league performance to date. Beavan threw eight shutout innings, giving up just four hits, and the Seattle Mariners took advantage of one big error from Texas second baseman Ian Kinsler in a 4-0 win over the Rangers on Friday night. "I wanted to go out there and shut them down and thats what I tried to do," Beavan said. "I had a different attitude out there, but calm." Trusting a new curveball more, Beavan kept the Rangers guessing. Beavan hasnt used the strikeout much since coming up from triple-A Tacoma at the beginning of July, but he liberally used his defence. Beavan got 11 fly ball outs taking advantage of Seattles vast outfield and a cool night. The curveball, mixed with a well placed fastball finally slowed down Texas offence. The Rangers had scored at least seven runs in their past six games, but Texas didnt get its first hit until the third inning and only once got a runner into scoring position. Beavan (5-5) allowed four hits and struck out three. Even more important, he didnt walk a batter. "Its a new pitch for me and its getting better every start and every bullpen and tonight I think just showed me that working hard on it and throwing it more is only going to get it better," Beavan said. The only time Texas threatened came in the sixth with consecutive singles by Endy Chavez and Kinsler. After failing to get a sacrifice bunt laid down, Elvis Andrus then hit into a 6-4-3 double play nicely turned by Brendan Ryan and Dustin Ackley. Beavan jammed Josh Hamilton into popping up to end the inning. Beavan was only at 95 pitches entering the ninth and wanted a chance at his first complete game. With the top of the Rangers order coming up in the ninth and the lead only at four, Wedge decided to go with Brandon League. The move looked genius after League, in a non-save situation, struck out Kinsler, Andrus and Hamilton to end the game. The victory ensured that Seattle would avoid 100 losses for just the second time in the past four seasons. "Coming around the top of the lineup again, I felt like that was enough. nfl jerseys china. If we had tacked on there in the eighth inning I probably would have sent him back out," Seattle manager Eric Wedge said. Kinslers error was his 11th of the season and came with two outs in the third. He charged a slow chopper from Ackley, who raced up the first base line, and he had time to make the throw but it sailed wide of Mitch Moreland and allowed Wells to score from second. It was the beginning of an odd sequence. The next batter, Miguel Olivo, then saw Texas starter C.J. Wilson dump a curveball at his feet and bounce past catcher Yorvit Torrealba allowing Ryan to score. Olivo later singled to keep the inning going. Then it was Mike Carps turn for some wackiness. Wilson got Carp to his a grounder back up the middle and shortstop Andrus was in perfect position to make the play. The ball never got to him as it hit second base and caromed the opposite way Andrus was moving. "It was like the Titanic. Not to make light of tragic situations but it got to the point there wasnt anything anybody could do," Wilson said. "It seemed like everything we tried, whether it was getting grounders or what, it went the wrong way." Wells later hit his 11th homer of the season leading off the seventh inning that led to the end of Wilsons night. It was Wells first homer since Aug. 21. Wilson (16-7) went 6 1-3 innings and gave up just one earned run while striking out eight. But the Rangers were unable to gain a game on the Angels in the AL West. Notes: Texas OF Nelson Cruz expected to return to the Rangers lineup as the DH on Saturday. Cruz has been recovering from a left hamstring strain. ... Seattle unveiled the first statue in franchise history on Friday honouring late broadcaster Dave Niehaus. The statue sits on the concourse in right-centre field and honour Niehaus 34 years as the Mariners lead announcer. Niehaus died of a heart attack last November. ... Young LHP Anthony Vasquez makes his fifth start for Seattle on Saturday. The 24-year-old took a loss in his last start despite giving up just two runs in six innings. ... Texas RHP Colby Lewis starts Saturday for the first time since Sept. 9. Was given few extra days of rest after last start — a win over Oakland. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes