Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

nion, for me Evander was a coachs decision,” Noe...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

nion, for me Evander was a coachs decision,” Noel said. “There i

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/22 12:33AM
Latest post: 2014/08/22 12:33AM, Views: 283, Posts: 1
nion, for me Evander was a coachs decision,” Noel said. “There i
#1   2014/08/22 12:33AM
wff0605
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. nfl jerseys china . -- No more counting sheep for the 350-pound distraction who calls himself "the sleeping giant." Its time for Albert Haynesworth to resume piling up sacks. After his tumultuous second season with the Washington Redskins, Haynesworth said Thursday hes happy to come to work again. Going into the New England Patriots first game on Monday night, at the Miami Dolphins, hes more excited than hes been in some past openers. "At least last year," Haynesworth said. "I didnt think I was going to play. I was playing a lot of scout team. So now Im in this system and Im playing and practising and stuff, and I think its time for ... I guess, the sleeping giant to awake and to go back out there on my field and play football again." He didnt play the final four games last season after coach Mike Shanahan suspended him without pay for detrimental conduct. In his two seasons of a seven-year, US$100 million deal with the Redskins, the defensive lineman played just 20 games with 6 1/2 sacks. He skipped off-season workouts last year, Shanahans first as coach, because he didnt want to play nose tackle. Haynesworth didnt like the 3-4 alignment Shanahan installed or the nickel defence on first and second down, but wanted to play in passing situations in the third-down nickel defence. He hasnt complained about the Patriots defensive system since going to work for coach Bill Belichick after being traded on July 28. "For two years, I was kind of taken out of football a little bit," Haynesworth said. "Now, Im back in it and am truly enjoying the game again and I truly enjoy coming into practice or coming into work every day. Just to be able to have the chance again to play and to show what I can do is awesome." In his first seven seasons, with the Tennessee Titans, he developed into one of the NFLs best defensive linemen, an imposing threat to quarterbacks and running backs. But in Washington, he was hard to please. And that upset his coaches and teammates. Like Shanahan, Belichick is serious and demanding, but Haynesworth is a big fan of his new coach. "Coach Belichick is a great coach," he said. "I like the place, too. It makes a huge difference when you come in and feel good about coming in the doors without having to walk in the doors looking behind your back and all that stuff, and who you talk to. You can talk to anybody here." Hes part of a defensive line group with a no-nonsense attitude -- Vince Wilfork, Shaun Ellis, Mike Wright, Andre Carter and others. Wilfork, linebacker Jerod Mayo and cornerback Devin McCourty are this years defensive captains. The leadership in the locker room "is great," Haynesworth said. "The last two years it was a little different. The captains ... were like almost above the team. Here with Mayo and Vince, you go up and talk to the guy. Its not saying you couldnt do that in D.C., but here its really like a family in the locker room. Everybody is for you. "No matter what happens -- if that guy does something or whatever -- it doesnt matter. Were all behind him and were not going to pass judgment or anything like that. So, its all about everybody being for you and everybody having your back." Haynesworth had numerous off-season problems before coming to New England. On Aug. 22, he pleaded no contest to a charge of simple assault in a case in which he was accused of touching a waitress breast while having drinks with friends at a Washington hotel. If he stays out of trouble over the next 18 months and completes 160 hours of community service, prosecutors will drop the charge entirely. Ellis, Haynesworths teammate in college at Tennessee, thought his football-related behaviour in Washington was out of character. "It surprised me," said Ellis, another newcomer after spending his other 11 NFL seasons with the New York Jets. "I talked to him a couple of times over the off-season a couple of the years. I could just see he was very frustrated. He wasnt happy. So now he seems like hes very relaxed. Hes ready to go play some ball." Haynesworth played in just one of the Patriots four pre-season games. That was enough for him going into the regular season, he said. "Ive been out there practising a lot and Im getting the feel of the defence," he said. "Im still a little bit rusty, but I had nine other years, or really seven other years, to help me get to the point to where I think I could be fine with that." Especially in an environment where, he said, he really wants to work. "If you ever go to work hating your job, youre not going to perform at your best," Haynesworth said, "but if you enjoy coming to work and you enjoy being around the people that you work with, you give it your all." So the sleeping giant seems eager to chase quarterbacks and stuff runners. "Hes a giant," Ellis said. "Hes a pro, man. Pros adapt to whatever they have to go through." Shanahan probably would differ with that description of his former headache. But now Haynesworth has a fresh start with a new coach who, like his old one, has little tolerance for slackers. "I didnt do much in D.C. The scheme didnt fit me," Haynesworth said. "Now I can go out there and play and I can get back to what I used to do." cheap nfl jerseys . Louis Blues lost in the first round of the playoffs, but theyre not that far away from where they need to be. jerseys from china . In 55 games with the QMJHLs Halifax Mooseheads last season, Fucale recorded 45 wins, five losses and three overtime losses, leading the league in wins. http://www.cheapjerseysmart.us/ . Timothy Bradley never wavered in his chase for boxing glory, even when his bank account was down to $11 and there was no guarantee he would ever be on the big stage. wholesale jerseys . Official word came Thursday that for the second time, the team will host it. Less than 10 months after the city served as the site of the annual Winter Classic outdoor game, commissioner Gary Bettman was in town to confirm the Consol Energy Center will host the next draft in June. wholesale nfl jerseys . Against a good team, too. Hiller stopped Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane in the tiebreaker, leading the Ducks to a 3-2 win Friday night and sending the Chicago Blackhawks to their third consecutive loss.Evander Kane will draw back into the lineup tonight against the Nashville Predators but the debate as to whether or not the Winnipeg Jets winger was a healthy scratch Wednesday continued on Friday. Kane was a game-time decision Wednesday against the Chicago Blackhawks with a lower-body injury and ultimately spent the night watching from the press box, the reason for which he and head coach Claude Noel disagreed upon. “I felt healthy enough to play,” Kane told reporters on Friday. “The definition of a healthy scratch is a healthy player not playing so that was my interpretation. Its pretty obvious thats what it was.” Noel responded,, disputing Kanes claim he was a healthy scratch. wholesale jerseys. “While I respect Evander for his opinion, for me Evander was a coachs decision,” Noel said. “There is a protocol we follow, and for me it was an injury-related decision. I understand he disagrees. Thats his opinion.” Despite the difference of opinion, Kane said now hes just happy to be back in action with his teammates. “Im moving on and happy to be on a line with two other guys and not by myself. Im happy to be back in the lineup and I guess there is a first time for everything.” Kane has six goals and nine points in 15 games for the Jets this season. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes