Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

aid. "This week my level goes better and better. I...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

aid. "This week my level goes better and better. I play, maybe, o

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/22 12:31AM
Latest post: 2014/08/22 12:31AM, Views: 248, Posts: 1
aid. "This week my level goes better and better. I play, maybe, o
#1   2014/08/22 12:31AM
wff0605
CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Indians plugged one hole and had two more pop open. jerseys from china . On the day Jim Thome returned to replace Travis Hafner in the middle of Clevelands injury-ravaged lineup, the Indians on Friday placed starter Josh Tomlin and outfielder Michael Brantley on the disabled list, two more tough blows to the Indians chances of catching up in the AL Central. The Indians, who have fallen 6 1-2 games behind first-place Detroit, have shifted into survival mode while dealing with a slew of injuries. Tomlin and Brantley join Travis Hafner, Grady Sizemore, Jason Kipnis and Carlos Carrasco on an overcrowded DL. Hafner may need season-ending foot surgery. "Its tough," manager Manny Acta said. "Ive never seen it." Tomlins injury could be the most troublesome, He has a sprained right elbow, and its possible that he has thrown his last pitch this season. The right-hander has been shut down for two weeks, when the Indians will re-evaluate him in the middle of September and decide if he will rejoin their rotation. Trainer Lonnie Soloff said Tomlin, who has won 12 games and been steady most of this season -- his first as a full-time starter -- underwent an MRI. Soloff said Tomlin could be done for the year if the Indians are out of the race when hes ready to come back. Tomlin has pitched a career-high 165 1-3 innings. Brantley is sidelined with a wrist injury that has bothered him for weeks. He visited renowned orthopedist Dr. Thomas Graham at the Cleveland Clinic. Brantleys wrist is sore in a new location, Soloff said, and the Indians are unclear as to the exact nature of his injury. Brantley will not play for at least five days, and the Indians will then decide his next step. On a positive note, Sizemore ran the bases for the first time since going on the DL on July 18. Soloff said the team was encouraged by Sizemores progress. The three-time all-star will increase his activities next week and its possible he could be sent on a minor league rehab assignment. Soloff reported Hafners foot was "better" and the team will seek outside opinions next week on his sprained tendon, which bothered him for months. Hafner is wearing a walking boot and is currently receiving daily treatment. The Indians recalled LHP Nick Hagadone to fill one roster spot. The 25-year-old has gone 6-4 in 25 relief appearances between Akron (AA) and Columbus (AAA). cheap nfl jerseys . Still, he was starting to get a little anxious. Heisey finally got on the board Saturday, giving Cincinnati the lead with his first homer of the season and four relievers made it stand up in a 10-3 win over the Colorado Rockies. wholesale jerseys . GTA Sports & Entertainmnent is the group looking to build an NHL-sized arena north of Toronto. In September, they proposed a new funding formula that would see no public money used towards the construction of the building. http://www.bootiedock.com/ . With players jobs and holding onto season ticket-holders on the line, the 5-17-6 MLS team knows it needs to make a point in the final six games of the season -- starting Saturday with the visit of the almost equally woeful Philadelphia Union (7-13-5). cheap jerseys from china . Former No. 1 Roger Federer joined Djokovic in the round of 64 with a victory of his own on Monday. The second-seeded Djokovic had little trouble in a 6-2, 6-1, 6-3 victory over Dutchman Thiemo De Bakker. cheap jerseys from china . Hes just trying to make better pitches. Volstad gave up a three-run homer to Brett Wallace and remained winless in 23 starts, the Chicago Cubs 10-1 loss to the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.BEIJING -- Top-ranked Victoria Azarenka beat ninth-seeded Marion Bartoli 6-4, 6-2 at the China Open Saturday to set up a final against Maria Sharapova. Sharapova cruised to a 6-4, 6-0 semifinal victory over seventh-seeded Li Na of China in the other semifinal. Azarenka, who won her first Grand Slam title at the Australian Open in January, was tested in the first set by Bartoli and her unorthodox style of play, but ran ahead to a 5-1 lead in the second set. But Bartoli refused to allow Azarenka to serve out the match in the seventh game even though the Belarussian held a match point. Bartoli broke serve on a second opportunity when Azarenka hit a forehand long. Azarenka took advantage of her next match point on Bartolis serve in the eighth game. Sharapova, who will be playing for her fourth title of the year, took 68-minutes to secure the first set. The Russian finally went ahead when Li, serving at 4-5, sailed a forehand long on a second set point in the 10th game. Li saved the first set point in the opening set with a winning volley smash at 30-40, but made the forehand error two points later to lose her serve and the set. Sharapova needed only 33 minutes to take the second set, winning 25 of the 34 points pllayed. wholesale jerseys. "As far as today, it was a really high quality first set and a few ups and downs," Sharapova said. "I came back and then I broke her in that last game of the (first) set. "It was important for me to take that momentum going into the second." In mens semifinals, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France advanced to the final when Feliciano Lopez retired with a left wrist injury. Tsonga was leading 6-1, 4-1 when the 30th-ranked Spaniard decided he could no longer continue playing. Lopez had the trainer on court after the conclusion of the first set. "Even if today Feliciano was not in good shape, and even if he has a problem, I played well," Tsonga said. "This week my level goes better and better. I play, maybe, one of my best tennis here. "I didnt play like this since couple of months, and maybe a couple of years now, and thats why I think I can win the final tomorrow." In Sundays final, Tsonga will play the winner of Saturdays later semifinal between top-seeded Novak Djokovic of Serbia and unseeded Florian Mayer of Germany. Tsonga is 2-0 in finals this year, winning the Doha and Metz, France, titles. He defended his Metz title last month. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes