Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

hree fouls just 3 minutes after that. During the e...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hree fouls just 3 minutes after that. During the early Prince-led run

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/18 11:21AM
Latest post: 2014/08/18 11:21AM, Views: 246, Posts: 1
hree fouls just 3 minutes after that. During the early Prince-led run
#1   2014/08/18 11:21AM
wff0605
MILWAUKEE -- With two teams both playing their third game in three nights, George Hills big performance off the bench made the difference for the Indiana Pacers. cheap jerseys . Hill scored a season-high 24 points and the Pacers beat the Milwaukee Bucks 125-104 on Saturday night. It was an impressive rebound for Hill, who was coming off a couple of recent poor shooting performances. "Thats all I could think about last night," Hill said. "Everybody tells me Im too hard on myself." Roy Hibbert added 16 points and nine rebounds, and credited Hill for making good on a promise to rediscover his shooting touch. Hill was 0 for 5 Thursday at Washington 3 for 7 against Phoenix on Friday. "George had a doughnut the other night," Hibbert said. "He was talking about it and said he was going to have a great game tonight. Everybody just followed his lead. You have to give it up to him for bouncing back." Ersan Ilyasova had 22 points and eight rebounds for the Bucks. Monta Ellis, Milwaukees recent trade acquisition, scored 11 points, struggling after scoring nine in the first quarter. Ellis sat most of the fourth with the game well out of hand. The game included a hard collision, then a minor confrontation, in the fourth quarter between Milwaukees Mike Dunleavy, a former Pacers player, and Indianas Tyler Hansbrough. Hansbrough will get an X-ray on his cheekbone on Sunday after Dunleavy was assessed a Flagrant-1 foul for a hard knock that sent Hansbrough to the floor. "Whatever happened, I was upset," Hansbrough said. "Im just upset because I got fouled pretty hard. Stuff like that happens." Hansbrough appeared to be in some pain as he took a few minutes before getting back up, then missed a pair of free throws. The two players continued to jaw at each other, and later were assessed double-technicals. "Just taking a hard foul on a fast break," Dunleavy said. "Cant give up any layups." Dunleavy signed with the Bucks after spending the previous four seasons with the Pacers. The Pacers did much of their damage from the line, making 32 of 39 free throws while the Bucks were 14 of 18. "We want to be a smash-mouth basketball team, which for us is to play a power post game, pound it inside and live at the free throw line," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "We dont always execute that identity, but tonight we did." Both teams were playing for the third night in a row. To make matters worse, the Bucks team plane wasnt able to land in Milwaukee after Friday nights victory at Charlotte, so the team had to land in Chicago and take a bus back. The team didnt get in to Milwaukee until about 1:30 a.m. Saturday. "We cant blame it on the travel schedule," Bucks centre Drew Gooden said. Milwaukee came into Saturday nights game a half-game behind the New York Knicks for the No. 8 playoff seed in the Eastern Conference; the Knicks won Saturday, giving them a 1 1/2-game lead. The Bucks play at New York on Monday night, and face the Knicks again at home on April 11. "I dont think just beating the sub-.500 teams will get us in," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "Weve got to beat some other teams that are, record-wise, better than us." But that didnt happen Saturday, as Indiana took control with a scoring spurt in the third quarter. The Pacers led by nine at halftime, but the Bucks were able to cut the lead to six on a 3-pointer by Ilyasova. Indiana went on an 11-2 run from there, taking a 76-61 lead on a pair of free throws by Hibbert with 4:41 left in the third. Milwaukees offence, which has been impressive in its recent hot streak and was expected to be even better with the recent addition of Ellis, scored only three points in a stretch of about five minutes in the third quarter. The Bucks closed what was otherwise a miserable quarter on a high note, as Jennings hit a rainbow shot from well beyond the halfcourt line at the buzzer. Still, the Pacers led 92-76 going into the fourth quarter. Notes: Vogel was coming off his first career ejection, which came in Friday nights home loss to Phoenix. ... Hills previous season high of 22 came Jan. 13 at Toronto. ... Carlos Delfino had 13 points for Milwaukee. cheap jerseys from china . Balotelli came on at halftime for his first appearance in a Milan shirt, hours after finalizing his transfer from Manchester City. cheap china jerseys . McManus will also serve as the director of U.S. scouting while Goveia will be the new director of player personnel. http://www.cheapjerseys2014.us.com/[/ur... . The Toronto Argonauts head coach needed just one phone call to find a replacement for Chris Jones, who left last month to become the Edmonton Eskimos head coach. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshipping.cc/]jerseys from china . Komisarek has one-year and $3.5 million remaining on his five-year, $22.5 million contract, with a cap hit of $4.5 million. The 31-year-old defenceman was signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Leafs in 2009 and played parts of four seasons with the club. cheap jerseys from china . The move is believed to make room for AHL scoring leader Ryan Strome to be added into the Islanders lineup. WACO, Texas -- Taurean Prince and the No. 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. They then got on quite a roll. Prince came off the bench and scored 10 of his 16 points in the go-ahead run as the Bears went on to an 81-55 victory over Oral Roberts on Monday night "We just knew we had to get it going. You get down too much, its hard to come back against any team," Prince said. "We just stayed strong defensively, sticking to our principles. We found a way to get the lead going into the second half, and then we came out with a bang in the second half. The Bears (11-1), playing for the first time in eight days, fell behind 7-0 while missing their first six shots. They finally scored when Kenny Chery hit a 3-pointer from the top of the key with 14:13 left in the first half. "After the Christmas break, youre always a little nervous about getting about getting back into a routine. The first 5 minutes of the game validated why were nervous," coach Scott Drew said. "We couldnt throw it in the ocean. We werent really moving, werent active. Then we played 35 minutes of very good basketball." Shawn Glover had 22 points to lead Oral Roberts (6-7), which has lost four of five games heading into its Southland Conference opener at home Thursday night against Houston Baptist. Denell Henderson had 16 points. Cory Jefferson had 17 points for Baylor after not scoring in the first half. Isaiah Austin had 15 points while Rico Gathers had 10 points and 10 rebounds. The Bears have won 11 in a row at home, and 16 of 17 games overall in a stretch when their only loss is to second-ranked Syracuse in Hawaii last month. They are 35-5 in December games since 2007-08. Baylor still has one more home game, Friday night against Savannah State, before opening Big 12 play Jan. 7 at Iowa State. Oral Roberts had a 7-0 lead after Henddersons three-point play just less than 4 minutes into the game. jerseys from china. "I told my team that Ive been coaching 15 years, especially the last 12 or 13 years, there have been very few games where weve been run out of the gym," Golden Eagles coach Scott Sutton said. "Tonight, thats what happened. Baylors a very good team. I thought they played well tonight and our guys didnt. We just did a terrible job." With the sixth-ranked Baylor football team in Arizona preparing to play No. 15 UCF on Wednesday night in the Fiesta Bowl, the Bears first Bowl Championship Series appearance, the band, cheerleader and a lot of the university staff were absent from the Ferrell Center on Monday night. Jefferson had two fouls in his 5 minutes before halftime, when he didnt take a shot or get a rebound. He finally scored only a putback dunk with 17:33 left, and added another less than a minute later with a highlight windmill on an assist from Gary Franklin. "I wanted to make a statement in the second half and just come out and just go after everything," Jefferson said. "Just the fact I had horrible first half, I wanted to change that and completely turn it around." The Golden Eagles also had some foul problems. Korey Billbury picked up three fouls with 8 1/2 minutes left in the first half, and 7-footer Jorden Kaufman had three fouls just 3 minutes after that. During the early Prince-led run, Glover had the only basket for the Golden Eagles. He also ended that spurt with his dunk with just less 6 minutes left, though Baylor led 36-25 at halftime. "Theyre so long and athletic, its hard to get good, clean looks at the basket. I thought we hung around for a while, but in the second half, they ran us out of the gym," Sutton said. "Thats whats disappointing. I dont think our guys competed, especially on the defensive end like we should have." ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes