Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

son. "For me, I have to do as much as possible to ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

son. "For me, I have to do as much as possible to stay in shape

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/09 03:03AM
Latest post: 2014/08/09 03:03AM, Views: 239, Posts: 1
son. "For me, I have to do as much as possible to stay in shape
#1   2014/08/09 03:03AM
wff0605
Back in 1999, I was fortunate enough to be at the final All-Star game of the last Century at Fenway Park in Boston. During the festivities, The Major Leagues unveiled their " Team of the Century". The promotion involved a special panel of experts assembling a list of their top 100 players of all-time. The next step was to have the fans vote on the top 25 from that list. Then another expert panel added another five players considered to be legends of the game. The top vote getters at each position, were designated the starters, and included Johnny Bench behind the plate, Lou Gehrig at first Jackie Robinson at second, Mike Schmidt at third, Cal Ripken Jr. at short along with Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and Ted Williams in the outfield. The top right hand pitcher was Nolan Ryan who had the most votes overall and the number one lefty was Sandy Koufax. No relievers specifically closers or designated hitters were named. Were just 12 years into this century, but it got me wondering who the front runners might be for the next edition of this team for the following 100 years. Lets give it a go. The catcher could well be the Giants Buster Posey whos helped San Francisco to win two of the last three World Series. Pudge Rodriguez, Jason Varitek and Jorge Posada would at least have to merit some consideration. First base would have to belong to Albert Pujols. However Joey Votto and Prince Fielder are still early enough in their careers to build up some impressive numbers before theyre all said and done. The Yankees Robinson Cano would appear to have the edge at second base. Roberto Alomar is one of those players who gets shortchanged a bit by having a career that bridged two decades. His best years came in the 90s, but he did play in the 2000s which should count for something when putting together a team for this century. Bostons Dustin Pedroia is another possibility. At shortstop, Derek Jeter of the Yankees get the nod hands down. There are other quality shortstops, but none can approach what Jeter has done in personal performance and World Series victories. Third Base is one of the deepest positions in terms of greatness. Alex Rodriguez would appear to lead the way unless you want to disqualify him for admitting to dabbling with steroids while he was with Texas. If you do, then you cant go wrong with Evan Longoria, David Wright, Adrian Beltre and another player whos career bridged two decades, Jeff Kent. If you choose a DH, youd have to go with David Ortiz fo the Red Sox. Youd get plenty of arguments about the outfielders, if you include PEDs in the equation. The top three, if you put all that aside in two of these three, would be Barry Bonds, Manny Ramirez and Ichiro Suzuki. Its hard to pin down the top pitchers since 2000. From the right side, Roy Halladay and Justin Verlander would appear to head the list, though Halladay has had the longer career so far and thus more impressive numbers. From the left you have the likes of Randy Johnson, Johan Santana and C.C Sabathia. The closer, no question about it is the Yankees Mariano Rivera. Interesting to note, in what was strictly a fan vote, both Mark McGwire and Pete Rose made the original "Team of the Century", though McGwire has been noted in the Hall of Fame at Cooperstown, while Rose continues to be banned for life. Unless there are some incredible medical advances, none of us will be around when the next "Team of the Century" is announced. It will be interesting to see how the game has changed by then and how many of these players mentioned will actually make the grade. cheap nhl jerseys free shipping . The Carolina Hurricanes forward scored on an end-to-end rush after weaving through the Czech defence and burying a wraparound behind goalie Ondrej Pavelec at 6:55 of the third period. cheap nba jerseys free shipping . Pittsburgh outlasted a pitcher whose career has outlasted the life of McCutchen. McCutchen had three RBIs, Casey McGehee drove in the go-ahead run with an eighth-inning single and the Pirates scored four runs off the Colorado bullpen to beat the Rockies 5-4 on a chilly Tuesday night. http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshipping... .J. Green, the Bengals first-round draft choice, has agreed to terms on a four-year contract and should be on hand Friday, when Cincinnati opens training camp in Kentucky. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshipping.cc/]Cheap nfl Jerseys Free Shipping . Teixeira, president of the Brazilian football federation, has recently been making changes to how the sport is governed and a Brazilian newspaper said he would leave the presidency of the organizing committee to make way for Ronaldo. cheap mlb jerseys free shipping ., was alone atop the leaderboard at 9-under-par 204 on Saturday at the 107th Canadian mens amateur championship.PHILADELPHIA -- Andrew Bynum plans on making his season debut for the Philadelphia 76ers this year, though hes still a week or two away from practicing with the team. The 7-foot centre has been sidelined by knee injuries since the Sixers acquired him from the Los Angeles Lakers last summer. He worked out for 80 minutes on Tuesday and said afterward his knees are feeling better, but he doesnt expect to ever be pain-free. "Ill definitely be back sometime this year," Bynum said. "Im focused on getting back and being right versus trying to rush." Bynums timetable for a return has been pushed back numerous times since training camp opened with him off the court. He says he wont rush his return just to help Philadelphia make a playoff push or to improve his status with his pending free agency. "I want to be healthy," he said. "I think everybody knows what I can do at this point in this league. The question with me is going to be are my knees going to hold up. Thats what organizations have to think about. All I have to think about is putting up buckets." Bynum admits if he sat out the entire season hed be considered a "risk" to other teams. The 25-year-old former All-Star is in the final year of his contract and couldve been looking at a five-year deal worth more than $100 million in the off-season if healthy. "Id be a risk but I dont do risk assessment," he said. "Thats for the front office." Bynum is scheduled to see Dr. Jonathan Glashow in New York on Wednesday. He expects to be able to compete in 1-on-1 or 2-on-2 drills soon.ddddddddddddHe said surgery wouldnt help his condition. "Just deal with it without any type of intervention or any surgery," Bynum said. "You have to deal with it. I just think this is something I have to get used to. I dont know if I will ever play without pain. I can play with a considerable amount." Bynum understands fans are frustrated by his situation. The Sixers are 22-29 and four games behind the No. 8 spot in the Eastern Conference. There was tons of excitement surrounding Bynums arrival, and the Sixers and their fans were hoping to build on last season when they knocked off the top-seeded Chicago Bulls in the first round of the playoffs and took Boston to seven games in the conference semifinals. "I dont think anyone is more upset than myself," Bynum said. "I have the most to lose by not playing and I want to get back." Bynum, who was sporting an odd half-Fro, half-braids hair style, gave an unusual response when asked why he wouldnt consider sitting out the season. "For me, I have to do as much as possible to stay in shape and stay around the game," he said. "You cant just go completely away from the game. You get overweight, you lose touch and stuff like that. You want to stay around and do enough not to hurt it." In other injury news, guard Jason Richardson had season-ending knee surgery Tuesday morning. Dr. Glashow repaired an articular cartilage lesion on the medial femoral condyle in Richardsons left knee. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes