Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

erbated it by pounding on it more. He felt good en...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

erbated it by pounding on it more. He felt good enough that he wa

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/08 07:11AM
Latest post: 2014/08/08 07:11AM, Views: 286, Posts: 1
erbated it by pounding on it more. He felt good enough that he wa
#1   2014/08/08 07:11AM
wff0605
TORONTO - They combined for just one assist in Torontos 4-1 American Hockey League win over the Texas Stars Monday afternoon. But the combination of Jerred Smithson, Mike Duco and Tyler Biggs up front, along with Andrew MacWilliam and Korbinian Holzer on the blue line, were the unsung heroes according to coach Steve Spott. The Marlies five-man unit was tasked with shutting down a line that includes two of the top three scorers in the AHL in Travis Morin and Colton Sceviour. "Those five guys had the task of shutting down Sceviours line and they did a great job of it," Spott said. "That five-man unit with Smithsons line did a great job against arguably the most dynamic line in this league. So I think those five guys deserve a lot of credit." The Stars top line failed to register on the score sheet and finished the game with a combined minus-6 rating. "When coach comes and says we want you to shut down so and so, we take that with a lot of pride," said MacWilliam. "I thought we did a good job tonight along with Biggsy, Duco and Smitty up front. I love getting challenged before games to shut down certain people." Josh Leivo and Jerry DAmigo each scored a pair of third period goals as the Marlies (29-17-4) came from behind to defeat the Stars (30-16-7) in regulation for the first time this season. Brett Ritchie scored the Stars only goal. With the win, Toronto also avoided losing three straight for the second time this season. The loss was the first in regulation time in the last five games for Texas. Christopher Nilstorp made 28 saves in the loss while Drew MacInytre stopped 30 shots for his 22nd win of the season. Ritchie gave Texas a 1-0 lead at 15:15 in the second when he one-timed a pass from Mike Hedden past MacIntyre. The Stars had an excellent chance to add to their lead at 6:51 of the third on Sceviours shorthanded breakaway but MacIntyre turned the shot aside with his right pad. Twenty-five seconds later, Leivo tied it 1-1, on a power play, taking a pass from Greg McKegg at the side of the net and beating Nilstorp for his 11th of the season. "Oh yeah, its been a while. Its always a good feeling," Leivo said of the power play connecting. "It obviously started a little goal streak for us so were pretty happy about it and happy with the way we played. “We were working it well on the power play, but I dont think we were getting our shots through properly and obviously getting the rebound chances . . . we werent capitalizing on them." Toronto managed only one goal in nine chances on the power play in Sundays loss to Utica. Spott called his teams lack of production the difference maker in the loss and they were one for three tries Monday. Texas had another chance to retake the lead at 8:30 of the third. With MacIntyre down and out, Scott Glennie put a puck on the net but T.J. Brennan was there to clear it before it crossed the goal line. DAmigo gave Toronto a 2-1 lead at 9:59 of the third, chasing down a pass from Spencer Abbott and beating Nilstorps five-hole for his 12th of the season. "Abbotts a great guy with great vision. I just try to get open for him and that was one of those plays where their defence kind of broke down," said DAmigo of the game-winner. "I kind of saw an opening and busted through there. "It was a little questionable if I wouldve gotten to it or not, but luckily I snuck it through his five hole and it was just a great play by both of us." Leivo added his second of the night into an empty net at 18:22 of the third and, with 11 seconds remaining, DAmigo added another empty netter. With the win, the Marlies improve to 5-9-2 when trailing after two periods this season. Toronto continues its 10-game home stand Saturday when the San Antonio Rampage visit. cheap jerseys from china paypal . Sipple was signed as a free agent by the Los Angeles Angels last season, following his senior year at Florida Southern College. cheapjerseyschina . This time, they found a way to avoid another meltdown. Will Venable hit his second home run of the season and the Padres pounced on Tim Lincecum in a 5-3 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Monday, getting a small dose of satisfaction against the defending World Series champions. cheap china jerseys . Brian Langtry led the way with four goals and a pair of assists as the Colorado Mammoth grabbed the definitive edge in a tight National Lacrosse League playoff race with a 13-6 victory over the Edmonton Rush on Saturday. cheap jerseys from china free shipping .S. professional sports leagues to come out as gay. In a first-person article posted Monday on Sports Illustrateds website, Collins begins: "Im a 34-year-old NBA centre.ATLANTA -- Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Saturday with bursitis in his left knee. The Nationals tried to give Harper time to heal without using the disabled list. Manager Davey Johnson said the move became necessary when the team needed help in the bullpen before Saturday nights game against the Braves. Johnson also said the team decided it was necessary to protect Harpers status for the season. "You always do whats best for the player," Johnson said. "If the club felt that he would be able to come back in three or four or five days, we wouldnt have DLd him." Harper has missed the last five games and has been bothered by the knee since he crashed into the wall in a May 13 game at the Los Angeles Dodgers. The move was made Saturday retroactive to May 27. The Nationals already are without outfielder Jayson Werth, who has been on the disabled list since May 3 with a right hamstring injury. The team is off Monday and Werth could return Tuesday when Washington opens a home series against the Mets. The 20-year-old star is batting .287 and is tied for fifth in the NL with 12 homers. He has 23 RBIs and two stolen bases. &"I think, in talking to Bryce, weve got to get by this where its not a recurring thing," Johnson said.dddddddddddd "Hes not going out there playing 80 per cent. His legs are just as big a part of his game. Taking that extra base, running hard. I dont want to take a chance of him getting injured further." Johnson said Harper probably aggravated the injury with his aggressive play. "You dont know how bad the injuries were," Johnson said. "He felt pretty good the next day. He had some bruises but he didnt have any swelling. When he went back to paying, he dove for a ball, then slid head-first. I think it was probably a sensitive area and he exacerbated it by pounding on it more. He felt good enough that he wanted to play and he knows his body better than anybody." Harper was with the team but did not speak with reporters before Saturday nights game. The Nationals recalled right-hander Erik Davis from Triple-A Syracuse. The team needed bullpen depth after starter Stephen Strasburg lasted only two innings on Friday night due to a strained right side. Davis was 1-2 with a 3.00 ERA and seven saves at Syracuse. He has no major league experience. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes