Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

orontos lead to 39-34, and then jumping over Leand...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

orontos lead to 39-34, and then jumping over Leandro Barbosa for

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/08 06:56AM
Latest post: 2014/08/08 06:56AM, Views: 291, Posts: 1
orontos lead to 39-34, and then jumping over Leandro Barbosa for
#1   2014/08/08 06:56AM
wff0605
Anthony Calvillo, Joe Lobendahn, Rene Paredes and Jerome Messam were named the Gibsons Finest CFL Players of the Week for Week 2 on Tuesday. Alouettes quarterback Anthony Calvillo took the field on Saturday afternoon to face off against the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the first time since their second-straight Grey Cup victory last November. Calvillo completed 29 of 43 passes for 419 yards and tied his career-high of five touchdowns in a game, earning him the title of Gibsons Finest CFL Offensive Player of the Week. Calvillos final touchdown pass, a 55-yarder to Tim Maypray, tied him with Damon Allen for the all-time career touchdown pass record of 394. Calvillo can break this record when the Alouettes host the Toronto Argonauts on Friday evening. Blue Bombers linebacker Joe Lobendahn dominated the Toronto Argonauts offence at home on Friday night and has been awarded Gibsons Finest CFL Defensive Player of the Week. Registering seven tackles, two sacks and two fumble returns, Lobendahn helped the Bombers earn their second straight victory with a score of 22-16 over the Argos. Stampeders kicker and Gibsons Finest CFL Special Teams Player of the Week, Rene Paredes, demonstrated consistency against the B.C. Lions, connecting on two field goal attempts and four converts. Paredes 10 points contributed to the Stamps narrow 34-32 victory over the Lions at Empire Field. Paredes longest field goal was 50 yards. Running back Jerome Messam stood out on the Edmonton Eskimos offence, as his team won their second straight game, 28-10 over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats . With 17 carries for 104 yards and two touchdowns, Messam earned the title of Gibsons Finest CFL Canadian Player of the Week. His longest carry was 32 yards. Cheap nfl Jerseys Free Shipping . Zbik made the better start but appeared to tire midway through the bout, with the defending champion looking fresher despite taking some heavy blows. Sturm had Zbik clearly troubled at the end of the ninth round, with American referee Raul Caiz Sr. cheap nhl jerseys free shipping . -- Left wing Jason Chimera has signed a $4 million, two-year contract extension with the Washington Capitals. http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshipping... . The 22-year-old made his season debut last Wednesday after being out of action since December 8 with a concussion that he suffered during the lockout while playing with the Marlies. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshipping.cc/]cheap ncaa jerseys free shipping . Alvarez had blanked the Detroit Tigers for nine innings -- and briefly, mistakenly thought he had pitched a no-hitter. But the Marlins needed a run for him to achieve the feat. "I was nervous and anxious," he said through a translator. cheap soccer jerseys free shipping . -- The Canadian Womens Open golf tournament has secured a new sponsor.LONDON -- The New Jersey Nets are still far away from their Russian owners goal of making the team a global brand and NBA champion. But for now, at least, theyre the leagues most successful team in games played in Europe. Brook Lopez scored 25 points and New Jersey ended a six-game losing streak with a 116-103 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Friday in the first regular-season game on the continent. Kris Humphries had 18 points and 17 rebounds and Deron Williams earned his first win since being acquired from the Utah Jazz last week, adding 16 points and 11 assists. "Happy with my first win as a Net," said the all-star guard, who played despite injuries to both hands -- a strained right wrist and bruised left hand. "We had a lot of energy today. We were all a little worried about how the trip would affect us, fatigue would set in. But we had a lot of energy. We had definitely some bright spots, some guys played great for us tonight." Perhaps the brightest spot came from the bench. Toronto led 81-78 at the end of the third quarter, but Jordan Farmar hit two straight three-pointers to start the fourth, and Sundiata Gaines added seven points in a decisive 20-6 run sparked by the Nets reserves. "They were huge for us in the second half," Lopez said. "They gave us a huge lift, pretty much blew open the game for us." Lopez and Williams did the rest, combining for 11 points after coming back on to make sure Toronto never pulled closer than five. DeMar DeRozan led Toronto (17-45) with 30 points and Andrea Bargnani added 23. Williams had his fourth straight double-double since joining the team, and he and Lopez showed signs they can turn into the type of formidable duo the franchise hoped for. "Our chemistry grows every game by the boatload," Lopez said. Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said before the game that he plans to sit down with Williams in London and get the guard to commit to a long-term future with the club, saying the two share a common goal of being "No. 1." The two have only had a brief opportunity to chat so far, after a loss in San Antoniio last week.dddddddddddd. "Mr. Prokhorov met me in San Antonio and we talked for a couple of minutes, but in that short couple of minutes he definitely got me excited also about the move and the future of this franchise," Williams said. "Im sure well have more chances to sit down and talk and get to know each other." The Nets and Raptors will face each other again at the O2 on Saturday, as the NBA decided to bring regular-season games to Europe for the first time as part of its push to increase its fan base on the continent. The O2 has hosted pre-season games for the last four years. The attendance for Fridays game was an announced sellout of 18,689, but there were some empty seats. "I loved the crowd," said Bargnani, who was the highest-scoring European player on the night. "I really felt the excitement. I was nervous in the first half. I think its going to be better tomorrow." The unusual venue meant the public announcer had to do some extra work, explaining some of the basic rules every now and then to the British crowd -- like pointing out that a player fouled while shooting gets two free throws. And with crowd support split between the two teams -- despite the Nets being listed as the home team -- players had the rare experience of being booed by rival fans before every free throw, and then cheered by their own supporters if the shot was good. While the game featured two teams with losing records and lacked a nailbiting finish, there were plenty of highlights. Lopez provided two of the biggest in the first half, first driving through the lane for a one-handed dunk to cut Torontos lead to 39-34, and then jumping over Leandro Barbosa for an alley-oop slam on an assist from Williams to give his team a 42-41 lead. "These games are great for global basketball, great for the NBA," said Williams, who scored all but two of his 16 points in the second half. "And I thought the crowd tonight was great, they cheered for both teams pretty equally. When both teams did something good out there, they liked it. And I hope this is just the start of many, many more games." cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes