Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

t in Carson, Calif., with the winner facing Mexico...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

t in Carson, Calif., with the winner facing Mexicos Monterrey or Xela

Started by wff0605, 2014/08/08 06:35AM
Latest post: 2014/08/08 06:35AM, Views: 294, Posts: 1
t in Carson, Calif., with the winner facing Mexicos Monterrey or Xela
#1   2014/08/08 06:35AM
wff0605
FRANKFURT - The Bundesliga plans to start using blood testing this season although it has no indication that doping is a factor in football. German Football Federation president Wolfgang Niersbach said Wednesday the decision to start blood testing was made before the publication of a study that revealed a government-backed doping program for West German athletes in the 1970s. One section of the report says three German players showed traces of a banned stimulant at the 1966 World Cup. German Football League managing director Andreas Rettig said the Bundesliga wants "stricter controls" although it has "no indication" of doping. The tests will not be ready in time for the start of the season this weekend. The federation (DFB) and the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) are still working on a contract for the tests, to be conducted by NADA. Blood testing for banned substances has been used in many major sports for years. "Its the right signal to start blood testing in the Bundesliga, a decision made before the latest events," Niersbach said on the fringes of a German Football League (DFL) meeting in Berlin. The DFL runs the professional game in Germany. "We want to open up and conduct stricter controls although we have no indication of doping," Rettig said. The study on doping, published Monday, has sparked a nationwide debate on the problem. Calls are growing for a federal anti-doping law and to publish the full report, with all the names. The government has denied allegations of a coverup. In the study, FIFAs medical officer at the time is quoted as telling a West German athletics official that three players showed "fine traces" of ephedrine, a banned stimulant, after West Germany lost the 1966 World Cup final to host England. Leading players of the time dismissed the report. "In 1966, we still had no idea what doping was," Franz Beckenbauer said. "There were no controls, as far as I know. No one asked me (to provide a urine sample)." West Germanys 1966 captain, Uwe Seeler, backed his teammate. "I think nothing of doping," Seeler said. "I didnt dope and I dont know anybody who did." The DFD also denied the report and said no players were ever banned. But former sprinter Manfred Ommer, who admitted doping already in 1977, said football had a doping problem. "Of course there is doping in football. I have absolutely no doubt. I said it already in 1977," Ommer said. Ommer served as president of the football club FC Homburg between 1986 and 1994. The club played in the Bundesliga for a while under his presidency. cheap nba jerseys free shipping . -- Ryan Getzlaf and Jonas Hiller propelled the Anaheim Ducks into the second half of their season with the NHLs best record and ample reason to think they could get even better in the new year. cheap soccer jerseys free shipping . Kinsler, who had been out since May 18 with a ribcage injury, was activated from the disabled list after playing only two games for Double-A Frisco. He was 0 for 8 with a walk in the two games. http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshipping... . Madrid slipped one point ahead of Atletico Madrid in the standings after high-flying Real Sociedad ruined Atleticos perfect home record this season after 13 league games with a 1-0 win thanks to forward Xabi Prietos second-half goal. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfreeshipping.cc/]cheap mlb jerseys free shipping . -- Orlando forward Glen Davis has been suspended for two games by the Magic for conduct detrimental to the team. cheap ncaa jerseys free shipping . Oleksiak, who also signed on to play with Saginaw in the Ontario Hockey League this week, was taken 14th overall by the Dallas Stars in the NHL Entry Draft last month. The 67", 240 pound native of Toronto played for the NCAAs Northeastern University Huskies last season, scoring four goals and 13 points in 38 games as a freshman.HEREDIA, Costa Rica -- The Los Angeles Galaxy and Herediano played a scoreless draw in the first leg of their CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal on Thursday night. Heredianos Ismael Gomez drew a penalty kick late in the game, but knocked it off the crossbar. Gomez tumbled to the turf after minimal contact from Galaxy defender Sean Franklin, leading to the whistle. "I know Ive got to be a little bit smarter," Franklin said. "Its late in the game. The referee is looking to maybe make a call, and I maybe pulled him a little bit, but he kind of dove a lot." The Galaxy were relieved when Gomez fired high. "We know that would have been extremely unjust had they won that game, 1-0," Galaxy foorward Mike Magee said.dddddddddddd. "They definitely had a good amount of possession, but if they had won that game, it would have been disappointing." The second half of the home-and-home series is Wednesday night in Carson, Calif., with the winner facing Mexicos Monterrey or Xelaju of El Salvador. Monterrey won 3-1 in the first leg on Wednesday. "If you want to put a pencil to paper, you have to win the game," Galaxy coach Bruce Arena said. "I dont mind going home having to win the game. Thats the way its supposed to be." Yedrick Ruiz of Herediano and Magee also hit the crossbar. Ruiz missed in the 43rd minute, and Magee nearly put the Galaxy in front nine minutes later. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes