Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ening possession since Oct. 9, 2011, against Cinci...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ening possession since Oct. 9, 2011, against Cincinnati. But the en

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/31 12:16AM
Latest post: 2014/07/31 12:16AM, Views: 268, Posts: 1
ening possession since Oct. 9, 2011, against Cincinnati. But the en
#1   2014/07/31 12:16AM
wff0605
TORONTO -- After contemplating Alistair Overeem and beating Frank Mir, UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos sees a rematch with Cain Velasquez as a chance to face off with a fighter he respects. "Cain Velasquez is a guy I really like," Dos Santos said through an interpreter. "I like his style. Hes a focused fighter, hes respectful and hes a professional. I feel likes hes similar to me in that way. "Neither of us is a big talker. What we do really well is we go in there and fight. Cains focus and his professionalism is why hes had such excellent results as a fighter and I really admire and respect that." Dos Santos, who won the title from Velasquez (10-1) in November 2011, is slated to meet the former champion at UFC 155 on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas. It will be the Brazilians second title defence. Dos Santos was supposed to make the first against Overeem in May but the Dutch giant was replaced by Mir after failing a pre-fight drug test. Dos Santos (15-1) went on to knock out Mir at UFC 146 for his ninth straight UFC win -- and 10th in a row in all organizations. While Velasquez moves to the front of the challengers line, Overeem has to wait until Dec. 27 to re-apply for his license to fight. Overeems March drug test showed a 14-1 testosterone-epitestosterone ratio, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Most people are at a ratio of 1-1 although the commission allows for a ratio of 6-1. The World Anti-Doping Agency allows a 4-1 ratio. WADA says an elevated T/E "may be an indicator of the use of a prohibited substance." Overeem subsequently apologized, blaming the failed test on a prescribed anti-inflammatory medication. Time has not softened the champions feelings about Overeem, however. "Its an embarrassment to a professional athlete to be using performance-enhancing drugs and it was proven that he was using something," said Dos Santos. "I think its an embarrassment to any professional athlete, it casts a poor light on the sport as a whole. So I just dont think hes a guy that deserves that shot. "And he was pretty disrespectful to me but, all of that said, I dont really have anything personal against him. Hes just not somebody who, in my opinion, deserves to be fighting for the title." Added Dos Santos: "I dont take performance-enhancing drugs. Im the real champion. ... I dont think anybodys interested in finding out whos the fake champion or whos the champion with the aid of performance-enhancing substances." As for the talkative Mir -- who beat Dos Santos mentor Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira twice, breaking his arm in their most recent meeting -- the champion says he holds no grudges. "As far as Frank Mir hes not a guy who really gets to me too much," Dos Santos said. "I dont agree with some of the stuff that he says but hes not a guy who bothers me or anything like that." Dos Santos, 28, spent the first month of his training camp in Sao Paolo at the Corinthians Sports Club, a new sponsor. The next two months were spent preparing in his home town of Salvador, Bahia. The hard-punching champion has trained in the past in San Diego with Team Nogueira and plans to continue using U.S. resources. "Whether its to stay there for a lengthy of time or to bring people in from there, I think its something very important for my development as an athlete," he said. "And after this fight, I hope next year to be able to spend some time focused on working on my wrestling." The first fight with Velasquez lasted just 64 seconds as a clubbing Dos Santos punch to the head put him down. "I did learn from it, so I will use the experience I gained in that fight, although obviously the fight happened very fast so I didnt take away too much or as much as I would have taken away had the fight gone longer," Dos Santos said. "That said, I prepared a lot for my last fight against Cain. And I prepared even more for this fight against Cain. Ill bring with me everything that I know but I just think each fight is different and you have to prepare for each one individually." As for life as champion in Brazil, Dos Santos laughed. "Yeah, its way better than before," he said in English. "Im truly living my dream down here," he added through the interpreter. "Theres a lot of things happening. theres a lot of new opportunities that have come my way. "Here in Brazil Im pretty famous and the really cool part of me is Im very well liked by my fans and thats something thats very gratifying to me, especially to kids. Kids who come up to me and they want to meet me, it makes me feel very special, its makes me feel very grateful and very honoured -- to know that they want to emulate me. And at the end of the day, Ive created a better life for myself and it makes me very proud to know that Im giving a better life to my family." Dos Santos is true to his words. He brought nine-year-old Breno Luis Ferreira de Carvalho, plus the youngsters mother and brother, from Brazil as his guests to the Mir fight. He had met the young boy during his training camp. Inside the cage, Dos Santos wants to break records. Outside, the six-foot-four Brazilian with a ready smile hopes his personality and work out will stand out. "I think I want to be remembered as a normal easy-going guy who did his best and achieved his dreams," he said. "My dream was to become the champion and I worked really hard to get there and I got there. Now my dream is to break records, to retain the belt for as long as I can. "Regardless of my opponent is, Im going to give my all to go in there and beat him and be a great fighter, and thats how I want to be remembered." wholesale nfl jerseys . Cheveldayoff believes his team improved over the weekend with six new players added to their long-term depth chart. cheap nfl jerseys . The Patriots who sent a 2013 fourth round pick to the Bucs in the deal, also received a 2013 seventh-round pick. The 20th overall pick in 2008, Talib was in his fifth season with Tampa Bay, having totaled 18 interceptions in his 48 game career. http://www.cheapjerseyfromchina.us.... . -- Across the American Hockey League, attention is focused on top talent being sent back to wait out the NHL lockout. [url=http://www.cheapjerseyfromchina.us.com/]cheap jerseys . Halischuk was chasing for the puck toward the side boards when Klesla pushed the Predators forward from behind, causing him to fall awkwardly into the boards. Halischuk left for the dressing room after the hit but returned to finish the game. nfl jerseys china . -- An attorney for Detroit Lions defensive tackle Nick Fairley asked a judge Wednesday to approve a pre-trial diversion program instead of putting the player on trial facing charges of drunken-driving and fleeing police.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Coming off consecutive prime-time games at home and facing one of the NFLs worst teams on the road, the New England Patriots were poised for a letdown. They surely didnt expect a near meltdown. Tom Brady overcame a rough start by throwing two touchdown passes, and the Patriots held on to beat the woeful Jacksonville Jaguars 23-16 on Sunday. "We came out flat and I think it showed out there," Patriots receiver Wes Welker said. "Weve got to do a better job of starting fast and doing what we do to take control of the game. " A week after falling behind 31-3 against San Francisco, the Patriots found themselves down 10-0 in Jacksonville. Brady had two interceptions in the first quarter, the second one helping the Jaguars (2-13) build a double-digit lead. But the Jaguars faded in the third quarter for the fourth consecutive week, lost for the 11th time in the last 12 games and set a franchise record for losses in a season. Brady had a lot to do with the home teams latest setback, finding his rhythm after a sluggish start and picking apart Jacksonvilles defence. He hooked up with Welker for a 2-yard score on the second play of the fourth quarter, putting the Patriots (11-4) ahead 23-13. That seemed like plenty of cushion against the offensively challenged Jaguars. Jacksonville, though, had two decent chances to tie things in the closing minutes. Trailing by a touchdown, the Jags faced third-and-goal at the 1 when tight end Zach Potter jumped before the snap. So the short-yardage situation became a passing play, and Chad Henne was sacked, leaving Jacksonville with a fourth-and-goal play at the 10. Chandler Jones hit Henne as he tried to throw, and Patrick Chung intercepted the floater over the middle. "Its a bad feeling, obviously," Potter said. "It puts our team in a bad situation there. Its not the one play that cost us the game." Potter said he had trouble hearing the snap count because thousands of Patriots fans scoped up tickets and helped give Jacksonville its biggest home crowd since 2004. "It was really loud, which you dont usually expect at home," Potter said. Coach Mike Mularkey, though, blamed the officials for failing to recognize and penalize New England for yelling out cadence during a hard shift. "That was disappointing because that was brought up to the officials before the game," Mularkey said. "That was addressed. We practiced it. We practiced it the whole week with those guys shifting with the cadence. ... Obviously they didnt call it and we jumped. Very frustrating." Regardless, the Jaguars got the ball back after the Patriots failed to run out the clock. Henne connected wiith Toney Clemons on fourth down with 22 seconds remaining and then Jordan Shipley for an 18-yard gain that put them at the New England 12.ddddddddddddBut Chung intercepted Hennes final pass, essentially a jump ball to the middle of the end zone. "A win is a win, but we know weve got to play better no matter what," Patriots safety Devin McCourty said. "Its better to come out here when youre not at your best and get a win. I think this team really understands its all about us. Weve got to play our best each week. Its disappointing knowing that we didnt play as good as we could." New England avoided consecutive losses in December for the first time since 2002. Brady completed 24 of 41 passes for 267 yards, his worst outing in six games against Jacksonville. Welker caught 10 passes for 88 yards, passing Jerry Rice and Andre Johnson for the most 10-catch games (18) in NFL history. Stevan Ridley ran 18 times for 84 yards. Brady entered the game having thrown for 1,207 yards, with 13 touchdowns and no interceptions, in five wins against the Jaguars. His string of success ended with his first pass, though. Ridley tipped the ball down the sideline, and safety Chris Prosinski picked it off for his first interception of the season. Jacksonville moved the ball, but settled for a field goal. And that was the story of the day for Mularkeys team. The Jaguars had the ball inside New Englands 25 seven times, but came away with a touchdown and three field goals. And not scoring touchdowns against the leagues most prolific offence is hardly a formula for success. "We had them on their heels for a while," Jaguars defensive end Jeremy Mincey said. "They just capitalized, got a few interceptions and a few first downs on us. We held their scoring average down, which is good, and held them to a lot of field goals, which was excellent. It still wasnt enough." Henne completed 29 of 51 passes for 348 yards, with a touchdown and three interceptions. His 3-yard TD pass to Justin Blackmon to open the game was Jacksonvilles first touchdown on its opening possession since Oct. 9, 2011, against Cincinnati. But the ending is all that matters for Jacksonville, which left owner Shad Khan with decisions to make about Mularkey and general manager Gene Smith. NOTES: Brady has thrown a TD pass in 47 consecutive games, tying Johnny Unitas for second on the NFLs all-time list. He trails Drew Brees by seven. ... Mularkey gave every player a baseball bat before the game with the words "violent, physical, relentless" on it as a motivational tool. ... Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts III and G Uche Nwaneri left the game with concussions. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes