Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

ime I win a 1,500-metre Canadian championship," sa...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

ime I win a 1,500-metre Canadian championship," said Gilday. "

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/29 04:58AM
Latest post: 2014/07/29 04:58AM, Views: 293, Posts: 1
ime I win a 1,500-metre Canadian championship," said Gilday. "
#1   2014/07/29 04:58AM
wff0605
ATLANTA -- For one night, James Blake felt like a young man again. Blake is 32 years old, coming off right knee surgery and playing with a sore right shoulder, but his game was precise enough against No. 6 seed Ryan Harrison to win his 350th career match on the ATP World Tour. "My knee hasnt been that far off, but its been far enough off that its affected me," Blake said. "When that starts getting better, my shoulder starts giving me problems, and it makes me realize Im not 20, like Ryan, anymore." Blake upset Harrison 1-6, 6-3, 7-5 in a match that began 2 1/2 hours late because of rain at the Atlanta Open on Tuesday night. Harrison joined fellow U.S. Olympian Donald Young in losing a first-round match. That leaves the Atlanta event with No. 1 seed John Isner and fourth-seeded Andy Roddick as the two remaining Olympians playing singles for the U.S. in London. Eighth-seeded Go Soeda of Japan, Matthew Ebden of Australia and Michael Russell overcame a nearly three-hour rain delay in the afternoon matches. Soeda beat Belgiums Xavier Malisse 4-6, 7-5, 6-4. Ebden held off qualifier Sergei Bubka of Ukraine 5-7, 6-1, 6-1, and Russell rallied to beat Alex Kuznetsov 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (4). In the late match, Ruben Bemelmans of Belgium breezed past Rajeev Ram 6-1, 6-3. Third-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan and Roddick will play their first-round matches on Wednesday. Isner and two-time defending champion Mardy Fish, the second seed, will play their first-round matches on Thursday. Russell advanced to play No. 5 seed Kevin Anderson of South Africa on Wednesday. Soeda will face Russias Igor Kunitsyn. Blake improved to 2-0 against Harrison in ATP events. They had not played since Blakes 6-3, 6-2 victory on clay in Houston four years ago. Blake, who will play Ebden on Thursday, won a match for the first time since last Nov. 3. He was 0-6 this year. Its been a tough several months for Blake, who had surgery in November to remove part of his patellar tendon. Because his knee hasnt been 100 per cent this year, Blakes shoulder has been compromised, too. But after struggling to close out points in the first set against Harrison, Blake got his footwork in order in the second and started charging the net. "I need to be moving forward, I need to be aggressive, I need to be getting to the net," Blake said. "Even if Im not hitting a volley, if the approach shot is the winner, I need to be moving forward." Harrison was disappointed in the outcome, but doesnt believe the setback will affect his preparation for the Olympics. After a difficult second set, he seemed to have gathered himself together with a 4-3 lead in the third. "I made a couple of returns, but he made some first serves," Harrison said. "In the 4-all game, I held a good game, and then he played a good game at 4-5. I maybe had a little bad luck with that (ball) he hit (into and over the net) at 5-all that got him to 30-all. Its a tough spot. You put yourself in that tight of a position and things can go either way." Malisse had 10 aces before Soeda broke his serve to go up 6-5 in the second. It was one of two break points Soeda won in nine tries. Russell was down 3-4 in the second set, but shifted the momentum by breaking Kuznetsovs serve. "As soon as I saw that he was a little bit tight, I was able to get some free points," Russell said. "He got a little frustrated towards the end of that second set." Russell managed one ace to 14 for Kuznetsov. "Even when it still got down to that second set, I knew he still would have to come up with either a great serve or a great shot to beat me," Russell said. "I was able to get through those tight games." Nishikori will face Ricardas Berankis of Lithuania, a 6-3, 6-2 winner over Russias Dmitry Tursunov. Roddick will play Nicolas Mahut of France. . Harden returned from an ankle sprain that sidelined him for one game and scored 31 points to lead Houston to a 99-93 victory over the Washington Wizards on Wednesday night. [url=http://www.realmadridteamshop.com/Raphael-Varane-Real-Madrid-Jersey.html]Ra... Varane Futbol Shirt . -- The Toronto Argonauts reward to Ricky Ray for being named the CFLs offensive player of the week is time off. http... . Popovich put his hand on Wittmans shoulder and wished him luck. Wittman will need more than consoling. The Wizards are the 12th team in NBA history to start the season 0-12 according to STATS and are six away from equaling the New Jersey Nets record 0-18 start in 2009-10. [url=http://www.realmadridteamshop.com/Daniel-Carvajal-Real-Madrid-Jersey.html]D... Carvajal Jersey . The Los Angeles Times reported that Doughty and Kings management have not discussed a new contract since mid-July. Doughty has been training during the off-season at his home in London, Ontario, and provided an update Wednesday about the state of negotiations. Fa... Coentrao Real Madrid Jersey . That blueprint has paid off against the Milwaukee Brewers this week. Carlos Gonzalez had four hits, Tyler Chatwood pitched six effective innings, and the Rockies beat the Brewers 8-6 on Tuesday night.MONTREAL -- Marie-Eve Drolet won the womens 1,500-metre for a third straight year at the Canadian Open short-track speedskating championships on Friday. The Laterriere, Que., native captured the gold medal in two minutes 27.39 seconds. Jessica Hewitt of Kamloops, B.C., won the silver medal in 2:27.458, followed by Gabrielle Waddell of Red Deer, Alta., in 2:27.528. "Im very satisfied. I knew that I could do it," said Drolet. "But in speedskating you never know what can happen. I really took each race on its own today. That helped me mentally and physically to concentrate on one race at a time." On the mens side, Michael Gilday of Yellowknife captured gold in the 1,5000-metre in 2:14.dddddddddddd594. Guillaume Bastille of Riviere-du-Loup, Que., was second in 2:14.694, with Vincent Cournoyer of Boucherville, Que., third with a time of 2:15.019. "Its my first time I win a 1,500-metre Canadian championship," said Gilday. "I won one at the Olympic trials, but first time Canadian champion is pretty cool. (Today) I employed a strategy that worked out pretty well. I went in the front, pulled strong and it worked out today." The championships serve as the main component for national team selection for the World Championships in Debrecen, Hungary, starting March 8. The championships continue Saturday with the 500 metres. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes