Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

way he plays," said Crosby. "(Id be) excited if th...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

way he plays," said Crosby. "(Id be) excited if that opportunity comes

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/29 04:57AM
Latest post: 2014/07/29 04:57AM, Views: 228, Posts: 1
way he plays," said Crosby. "(Id be) excited if that opportunity comes
#1   2014/07/29 04:57AM
wff0605
MILAN, Italy -- Defending champion Juventus celebrated coach Antonio Contes return with a win, beating Palermo 1-0 in Serie A on Sunday. Stephan Lichtsteiner scored five minutes into the second half for Juventus, which also hit the goal-frame twice through Mirko Vucinic. Palermo had a first-half strike from Fabrizio Miccoli ruled out for offside and also had Michel Morganella sent off 15 minutes from time after picking up his second yellow card. It was Contes first match back on the bench after serving a four-month ban for failing to report match-fixing when he coached Siena two seasons ago. Juventus is four points ahead of Inter Milan, which beat Napoli 3-1 to move above its opponent into second place in the standings. "I missed the smell of the grass," Conte said. "These four months have been painful, but it was a formative experience. With my absence it was as if Juve was a car starting the grand prix with deflated tires. But I have special players, a special club ... I am a bit special, too. "Ive learnt a lot in these four months. I had a club which was strongly by my side and the squad did something extraordinary. If this had happened last year, when I started at Juve, my career would have been ruined." Elsewhere, AC Milan continued its recent resurgence with its third consecutive league victory, winning 4-2 at Torino, but midfielder Nigel De Jongs season is over after he snapped his Achilles tendon in the 21st minute. "We did well to earn a great victory," Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri said. "Perhaps in the first half we couldve done more in terms of technique and pace, but the lads still created a lot and I am satisfied with their performance. "We are slowly growing and improving. Its just a terrible shame about De Jong, who will be out for the rest of the season, and of course all the lads dedicate the win to him." Torino coach Giampiero Ventura was taken ill during the match and assistant Salvatore Sullo gave directions from the touchline in the second half. Ventura was checked by ambulance staff after the final whistle but the club says he is fine. In Sicily, Miccoli thought he had given Palermo the lead in the 17th minute with a lovely shot from a tight angle on the right side of the area but he was marginally offside. Juventus should have taken the lead in the 36th when Claudio Marchisios shot was deflected straight to Vucinic, who side-footed the ball onto the right post from six yards with the goal gaping. Vucinic hit the post again 30 seconds after the restart before helping Juventus finally break the deadlock five minutes later. Vucinic beat Steve Von Bergen to chest down a long pass from Andrea Pirlo and backheel it for the onrushing Lichtsteiner to fire home. Inter scored with its only two shots of the first half. Fredy Guarin was left completely unmarked to volley in Antonio Cassanos corner in the eighth minute. Guarin turned provider as Inter doubled its lead six minutes from the interval. He threaded the ball through to Diego Milito, who fended off Alessandro Gamberini and fired into the bottom corner despite goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis getting a hand to the ball. Napoli pulled one back when Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic made two great saves before Edison Cavani bundled the ball into the net. In Turin, Milan gifted Torino the lead with a dreadful howler from midfielder Antonio Nocerino, who passed the ball back to no-one from the halfway line. Mario Alberto Santana raced onto the ball before rounding goalkeeper Marco Amelia and slotting home. Milan levelled five minutes before the break when Robinho collected the ball in the area, feinted past Valerio Di Cesare and fired in under the crossbar. Nocerino atoned for his earlier mistake when he headed home after Jean-Francois Gillet had palmed away Stephan El Shaarawys cross. Giampaolo Pazzini extended Milans advantage in controversial circumstances, with Torino fuming after he clattered into Salvatore Masiello to win the ball in the area. El Shaarawy sealed the result 15 minutes from time with his 13th league goal of the season after Milan had hit the woodwork twice Torino got one back when Rolando Bianchi headed in Valter Birsas cross. Cristiano Bergodi recorded his first win as Pescara coach as it beat fellow strugglers Genoa 2-0 to end a four-game losing streak. It is Genoa coach Luigi Del Neris seventh loss in eight games in charge. Elvis Abbruscato and Ante Vukusic scored in the second half. Genoa is now second last in the table, a point above Siena, which lost 3-1 at home to Catania. Alessandro Rosina put Siena in front in the 10th minute but Lucas Castro levelled five minutes into the second half and Gonzalo Bergessio added a brace. Chievo Verona won 2-0 at Cagliari thanks to goals from Alberto Paloschi and Cyril Thereau. cheap jerseys . With three defencemen closing in, the Washington Capitals star backhanded a shot into the net for the game-winning goal. Its not the NHL, but as long as the lockout goes on, its as close as there is. cheap nfl jerseys china . Rivals teams that complained the Red Bull cars of Webber and two-time defending Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel had an unfair advantage got their wish June 1 when the sports governing body FIA issued a directive banning cars from having a hole in the floor. http://www.cheapjerseyschina.cc/ . -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. wholesale jerseys . Alexander started all 18 games and the East Semi-Final last season and registered 43 defensive tackles, six special teams tackles, two knockdowns, a forced fumble and four interceptions returned for 54 yards on his way to becoming a West Division All-Star. cheap nfl jerseys .Y. -- Newly signed Buffalo Bills defensive Mario Williams homecoming in Houston is set.PITTSBURGH -- Sidney Crosby all but said Saturday hes not yet close to returning to the Pittsburgh Penguins lineup. Crosby was cleared for full contact during practice on Oct. 13, and has worked out regularly since then. But the Penguins have been the NHLs least-rested team since the season began -- Saturdays game against New Jersey was their 10th in 17 days -- so they have had little time for practice. Until the Penguins get some time off, Crosby will remain out with the concussion that has kept the NHLs marquee player out of games since the first week of January. "I think I need to get in some contact, more than just one bump in a morning skate," said Crosby. "I think its got to be a few days of that. So whenever we can get some of those days together, and hopefully I respond well to that, then Ill be much closer than I am right now." Pittsburghs first break of more than two days without a game will occur Oct. 30-Nov. 2. The following week, they will be off for five days from Nov. 6-10. When Crosby finally feels he is ready -- and has showed his doctors he hasnt been affected by hitting -- Crosby said he will be back. The opponent and the date, he said, wont matter. "Its been a long time, so Im just looking forward to whenever that is," Crosby said. The Penguins managed to get at least one point out of seven of their first nine games, even while being without Crosby since Jan. 5 and star centre Evgeni Malkin for all but three games. Defenceman Brooks Orpik (abdominal surgery) and forward Dustin Jeffrey (knee) also were out the first eight games before returning Thursday. Malkin was ruled out of a fifth consecutive game Saturday due to right knee soreness.dddddddddddd The former NHL scoring champion had surgery to repair two torn ligaments in the knee more than eight months ago. "Weve kind of dealt with this (injury situation) a little bit to start the year. I think weve handled it really well," said Crosby. "Obviously the more guys we get healthy, the better. But I think whatevers happened, we seem to respond really well. So I think we just want to keep playing the same way." James Neal has carried the Penguins offensively, accumulating six goals in the last six games and seven overall. By contrast, he scored only once after being traded to the Penguins by Dallas in late February. "Hes got a great shot and hes been using it," Crosby said of Neal. "Hes been making every one count. When guys are out, other guys need to step up and hes done a great job of that." Defenceman Kris Letang, who returned Saturday from a two-game suspension for boarding, also has been an offensive force with a goal and six assists in six games. Crosby was expected to centre a line with Neal once he is healthy but, as well as Neal is playing, Crosby said he is reluctant to break up a successful unit. "Ive been watching him for a long time now, so Ive got a pretty good idea of theway he plays," said Crosby. "(Id be) excited if that opportunity comes to play with him. But I think when a guys scoring like that, I dont think you want to think about playing with him. Whoever hes playing with, keep him with them and hell keep it going." Neal began the season on a line with Malkin and Steve Sullivan and, more recently, has played with Sullivan and veteran centre Richard Park. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes