Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

banned from team after Michael Sam comment - Count...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

banned from team after Michael Sam comment

Started by boyjersey, 2014/07/28 09:20PM
Latest post: 2014/07/28 09:20PM, Views: 339, Posts: 1
banned from team after Michael Sam comment
#1   2014/07/28 09:20PM
boyjersey
Louis draftee who is openly gay.

After Sam, who attended Missouri, was selected by the Rams in the seventh and final round of the NFL Draft on Saturday, television cameras showed Sam briefly kiss and hug his boyfriend.

Jones, who was a seventh round pick of the Dolphins from Arkansas State a year ago, tweeted after the kiss and embrace.

Then, in response to a tweet sent to him, Jones replied, Both tweets were soon deleted, but not before Dolphins management was made aware of the situation. John Brown Jersey Jones apologized to Sam, Dolphins owner Steve Ross and the entire Dolphins family.

want to apologize to Michael Sam for the inappropriate comments that I made last night on social media, Jones said in a team issued statement Sunday night. take full responsibility for them and I regret that these tweets took away from his draft moment.

remember last year when I was drafted in the seventh round and all of the emotions and happiness I felt when I received the call that gave me an opportunity to play for an NFL team and I wish him all the best in his NFL career. I sincerely apologize to Mr. Ross, my teammates, coaches, staff and fans for these tweets. I am committed to represent the values of the Miami Dolphins organization and appreciate the opportunity I have been given to do so going forward. Coach Authent... John Brown Jersey Joe Philbin echoed the disappointment general manager Dennis Hickey expressed on Saturday night.

were disappointed to read Don tweets during the NFL Draft, Philbin said in the statement. were inappropriate and unacceptable, and we regret the negative impact these comments had on such an important weekend for the NFL. We met with Don (Sunday) about respect, discrimination and judgment.

comments are not consistent with the values [url=http://www.cowboysnflofficialauthentic.com/authentic-ben-gardner-jersey.htm... Gardner Youth Jersey
and standards of our program. We will continue to emphasize and educate our players that these statements will not be tolerated. Jones miscue was the team second Twitter incident in a three day span. On Thursday, after Tennessee tackle Ja James was selected by the Dolphins in the first round with the No. 19 pick, Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey sent a tweet that said, pick! Can wait for our gifts he getting us lol That tweet was regarded as a poor attempt to joke about rookie hazing, a topic that isn taken lightly by the Dolphins after the Wells Report that detailed Pouncey and others bullying/harassing former Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin last season.

Since the bullying/harassment incident the Dolphins have formed two in house committees, Ross sponsored a bill in the Florida Legislature on bullying, and the team and NFL has made respect a main theme for the season.

It not known when Jones will undergo his training. The Dolphins, such as other NFL teams, are currently having team meetings as well as weight lifting and conditioning training.

The first OTA (Organized Team Activities) are May 27 28 and May 30. That followed by OTAs on June 2 3 and 5th, and June 9 12. The three day mini camp, which is also closed to the public, is June 17 19.

Training camp dates haven been announced but it will likely start in late July.

Pouncey, because of his role in the bullying scandal, has to be cleared by a medical professional before he can play in the regular season. Hickey said a few days ago the team isn sure when Pouncey will have his evaluation.

Jones was a special teams mainstay last season and developed a reputation for his willingness to make hard hits. He'll primarily compete with veterans Reshad Jones, Louis Delmas and Jimmy Wilson for playing time from scrimmage.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes