Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Being a world-class goaltender is in Haseks past, ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Being a world-class goaltender is in Haseks past, and now hes m

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/22 04:46AM
Latest post: 2014/07/22 04:46AM, Views: 272, Posts: 1
Being a world-class goaltender is in Haseks past, and now hes m
#1   2014/07/22 04:46AM
wff0605
Make that two silver medals for Canadas rowers. The Canadian womens eight won Olympic silver in an exciting final race on Day 6 of the London 2012 Olympic Games. Four years after a heartbreaking fourth-place finish at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, the Canadian crew reached the podium and re-established Canada as one of the top womens crews in the world. Their silver medal comes just one day after the Canadian mens eight posted a thrilling sprint to earn the nations first silver of the Games on Day 5. "Its pretty amazing," said Darcy Marquardt, a three-time Olympian. "We did what we could on the day, and its a silver medal at the Olympic Games." The highly-anticipated final was expected to be a “Battle of North America”—and it was exactly that. The race, reminiscent of the Beijing 2008 final, featured the powerful American crew leading the way, followed by Canada and the Netherlands not far behind. The Americans won gold; it is their second consecutive Olympic gold medal, continuing an undefeated streak that started in 2006. The Netherlands won bronze. This Canadian silver medal writes the crews coxswain, Lesley Thompson-Willie, into the history books. Not only did the 52-year-old from London, Ont., become the first rower to compete in seven Olympic Games, she is now the first Canadian athlete to medal in five different Olympic Games. Thompson-Willie is now tied with athletics star Phil Edwards for most medals won by a Canadian summer Olympian. "I have a legend that sits in front of me," Andréanne Morin said of the legendary coxswain. "And several superstars that sit behind me. We have raised the bar over the past few years." While Thompson-Willie now has five Olympic medals to her name, this silver medal at London 2012 marks the first Olympic medal for the rest of the women in the boat. Marquardt, 33, of Richmond, B.C., and 30-year-old Morin of Montreal were in the fourth-place Beijing 2008 boat, along with Ashley Brzozowicz, 29, of London, Ont. Morin also rowed in the eight at Athens 2004. Also in the crew are second-time Olympians Krista Guloien, 32, of Port Moody, B.C., Winnipegs Janine Hanson, 29, and Rachelle Viinberg, 33, from Regina, who rowed together in the womens quadruple sculls at Beijing 2008, placing eighth. The silver medal-winning crew has been rowing together since the 2010 World Championships, with the exception of 23-year-old Natalie Mastracci of Thorold, Ont., who joined for the 2011 season, and Lauren Wilkinson, who was a late addition to the crew after being selected from the under-23 squad early in the 2012 season. More to come. Discount Ray Ban . Taking over when Bobby Cox retired after the 2010 season, Gonzalez has managed the Braves to a 183-141 record. ray ban sunglasses discount . After his father left when he was not yet 2 years old, Lee Brooks raised him and his six older siblings by working multiple jobs, building and rebuilding automotive parts and working in the fields of Northern California. http://www.discountray-bansunglas... . The 35-year old Pierce became the oldest player in Celtics history to score 40 points in a regulation game, carrying Boston to a 103-91 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Dominik Hasek and Ted Nolan shook hands, talked and put years of bad blood behind them. The all-star goaltender and the head coach met the first time Friday since a falling out 17 years ago cost Nolan his job with the Buffalo Sabres. Nolan was brought back to coach the Sabres earlier this season, and Hasek is being inducted into the teams hall of fame Saturday night. The six-time Vezina Trophy-winning goaltender was at First Niagara Center Friday, and the two former adversaries appeared to have put their past problems behind them with what Nolan called a "nice chat." "I still dont know what really transpired back then," Nolan said. "But back then is back then. He looks well, and hes all happy and excited about being back here and we had a nice talk. We had some good times. Everybody looks at even one incident, and one incident doesnt form a relationship. "In the media I guess sometimes we blow things way out of proportion and make it look worse than it really was, and it wasnt that much. People have disagreements all the time." Hasek, who spoke to reporters before Nolan, didnt deny there were disagreements between him and his former coach back in 1997, when the goaltender pulled himself from one game claiming a knee injury and later deemeed himself not healthy enough to start another.dddddddddddd "Whatever happened, what can I say about it?" Hasek said. "Sometimes you feel different way than the other person, sometimes you feel that your decision is better than his decisions. But I think on the ice that one or two years that we were together we done a good job for this organization." Under Nolan, and with Hasek between the pipes, the Sabres went from last place in 1995-96 to first in 1996-97. That second season Nolan won the Jack Adams Award as NHL coach of the year, and Hasek won the Hart Trophy as league MVP and Vezina Trophy as the top goaltender. "If you look what Dominik did for this organization and even when my time was here -- we had a lot of wins, but a lot of wins were based on his goaltending," Nolan said. "Hes a world-class goaltender." Being a world-class goaltender is in Haseks past, and now hes more than ready to push aside past problems with Nolan to focus on the present. "Ted Nolan, he was my coach," the 49-year-old said. "I know there was some questions (about) the relationship between me and him, but what can I say? I believe hes the coach right now and he will help the team to improve. ... I wish him good luck to improve the Sabres." [url=http://www.cheapjerseyschina.cc/]cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes