Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

"The last time we played I went 3 for 3 on break p...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

"The last time we played I went 3 for 3 on break points and thats imp

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/22 04:30AM
Latest post: 2014/07/22 04:30AM, Views: 252, Posts: 1
"The last time we played I went 3 for 3 on break points and thats imp
#1   2014/07/22 04:30AM
wff0605
INDIANAPOLIS -- Danny Granger couldnt shoot straight for most of the night, yet the smile across his face as he iced his knees in the locker room after the game spoke volumes. In the past, as Grangers shot went, so went Indiana. He shot poorly on Monday night, but the Pacers still defeated the Detroit Pistons 91-79 in the season opener for both teams at the renamed Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Granger finished with 16 points on 6-for-18 shooting, but three Pacers had double-doubles, giving him a level of support that has been absent over the years. Roy Hibbert had 16 points and 14 rebounds, Tyler Hansbrough had 15 points and 13 rebounds and David West had 11 points and 12 rebounds. Add a defence that held Detroit to 36 per cent shooting, and Granger could finally be at peace on an off night. "We definitely could not have done that last year," he said. "We have the ability to crash the boards. I think our big guys did an excellent job of dominating the glass, on the offensive end also. We didnt give up too many offensive rebounds. When they can dominate the glass like that, its going to be hard to beat us." It was ironic that this season of high hopes started with a win against the Pistons. After all, it was an altercation with the Pistons and their fans in 2004 that ultimately forced the Pacers to rebuild. Indianas fans havent forgotten. As players were introduced, Ben Wallace, a central figure in that brawl, was booed loudly. The fans who saw a championship-calibre team dismantled after a flurry of off-the-court problems finally have returned, and a packed house saw the fruits of team president Larry Birds rebuilding effort on display. West, the teams big-name free-agent pickup, was active and affected the game, even though he struggled to finish down low. Guard George Hill, the hometown hero acquired in a draft-night trade with San Antonio, provided a spark off the bench and created a buzz whenever his name was announced. Pacers coach Frank Vogel won his first game without an interim tag, and the team did it his way -- with smashmouth basketball. Indiana outrebounded the Pistons 53-40. "We still took a few too many bad shots, which Im not too happy with," he said. "But we were attacking the basket, we were getting to the free throw line and were making the extra pass, and thats the style of play that were going to have. and its going to win for us." The Pacers shot just 37 per cent from the field, but got away with it in part because they had 18 offensive rebounds and 14 second-chance points. Detroit couldnt get its offence going to take advantage of Indianas poor shooting. "We just have to play a whole lot more together game," Detroit coach Lawrence Frank said after his debut as Pistons coach. "More ball movement, more working to get rhythm shots. It just shows you where were at right now. Weve got a lot of work to do." Jonas Jerebko and Rodney Stuckey each scored 17 points for the Pistons, who never led. "Now we know what weve got to do," Stuckey said. "Weve got to stop complaining, weve got to rebound the basketball, weve got to play harder. Thats it." Indiana led big early, but Detroit made a push in the second quarter before back-to-back 3s by George and Darren Collison increased Indianas lead to 47-34. The Pacers led 52-38 at halftime and kept rolling at the start of the second half. Collison hit a baseline jumper off an offensive board by West, then followed it with a 3-pointer to push Indianas lead to 59-42. Hibbert dunked and was fouled after a nifty inside feed from Granger. His free throw pushed Indianas lead to 62-42 four minutes into the second half and forced a timeout by the Pistons. Detroit played a bit better right out of the timeout, but a bucket by Hansbrough and a fast break layup by Dahntay Jones pushed the lead back to 20 and forced another Detroit timeout with 4:42 left in the third. This timeout didnt work so well for the Pistons. Jones hit a long baseline jumper, then George Hills steal and dunk pushed Indianas lead to 74-50. The Pacers led 76-58 at the end of the third quarter. A 3-pointer by Granger pushed the lead to 85-61 with 7 minutes left in the game. Pacers fans gave the team a standing ovation in the final minute. Frank was impressed with the Pacers, but he didnt get carried away. "Its one game," he said. "Whats the big boulevard down here? I dont know if theres going to be a parade this year. Theyre a good team, its one game, they outplayed us tonight." Notes: Pacers C Jeff Foster sat out with a back injury he tweaked during the preseason. ... Pistons C Ben Wallace was loudly booed during pregame introductions. Wallace played a key role in the brawl in 2004 that eventually forced the Pacers to rebuild. ... Indiana F Jeff Pendergraph missed the game with a sprained right knee. ... Indiana outscored Detroit 16-4 from the free-throw line in the first half. ... Hill had four points and four assists in his regular-season debut for Indiana. ray ban sunglasses discount .5 million, one-year agreement with shortstop Stephen Drew. A person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Drew will take a physical before the deal can be finalized. Discount Ray Ban Sunglasses . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie has learned that if Dudley takes a position with Montreal, as could happen by the end of the month, it would be conditional on him not being able to work on the NHL Draft for the Canadiens. http://www.discountray-bansunglas... .Y. -- Buffalo Bills running backs Fred Jackson and C.WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Top-seeded Andy Roddick rolled to a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Argentinas Juan Monaco on Thursday afternoon in the Winston-Salem Open quarterfinals. Roddick will take on fellow American John Isner in Fridays semifinals. Isner rallied past eighth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 earlier Thursday. Roddick needed just more than an hour on a hot afternoon as he dominated with his serve, getting his first serve in 81 per cent of the time. "I didnt feel too much of the heat, to be honest," Roddick said. "I always have done OK in it. I didnt think about it too much out there." Monaco, who was the seventh seed, gave up nine aces to Roddick and failed to break Roddicks serve. Roddick, who appears to be back to full strength after battling an abdominal injury the last few weeks, jumped to a 5-0 lead in the first set. He kept the pressure on throughout, and has won three straight matches pretty easily in a final tuneup before next weeks U.S. Open. "Ive won the first sets pretty handily this week," Roddick said. "Ive been anxious to play and Ive been ready to play and that sets the tone for the match. You kind of give yourself a good look in the second set and hes feeling a little more pressure." In the other quarter-final matches, Frances Julien Bennetau, a qualifier, rallied from a set down to beat ninth-seeded Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine 3-6, 7-6 (9), 6-2 and 10th-seeded Robin Haase of the Netherlands beat Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-4, 6-4 in a match that lasted 1 hour. Bennetau and the 24-year-old Haase, who is ranked 42nd by the ATP, will play the second semifinal. The final is scheduled for Saturday. The 26--year-old Isner is also feeling some pressure to win a tournament in his own backyard.dddddddddddd The Greensboro native had to fight back from a set down, but once he got his serve going he calmed down and executed his plan. Isner, ranked 28th, needed all the crowd support he could get to win a match that lasted nearly 2 hours. He advanced to his fourth semifinal of the season. "Somebody turned up the heat today and the humidity is what really bothered me," said the six-foot-nine, 240-pound Isner. "Im a big guy and Im expending more energy than my opponents because of how much I weigh and Im sweating bullets out there. It takes a lot out of me." Isner was also helped by Baghdatis converting just 38 per cent of his first serves. In the third set. Isner double-faulted twice as Isner went up 5-4. Isner then served for the clincher and had three aces with two of the serves reaching 140 m.p.h. Roddick, who has been here before to compete for the United States in past Davis Cup ties, doesnt expect an easy match against Isner. "It will be completely different than the three matches Ive played so far," Roddick said. "The last time we played I went 3 for 3 on break points and thats impossible against him and that doesnt happen all the time." Isner, who has been staying at home with his parents just a few minutes away, said its never easy to play Roddick. "Hes been holding serve pretty easily in this event so far. Hes similar to me and he relies a lot on his serve. From the baseline hes so fit and in such good shape he wont blow you away from the baseline but hell make a lot of balls. "Thats what he does very well." [url=http://www.cheapjerseyschina.cc/]cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes