Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Netherlands Churandy Martina, edged Jamaicas Asafa...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Netherlands Churandy Martina, edged Jamaicas Asafa Powe

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/21 07:24AM
Latest post: 2014/07/21 07:24AM, Views: 323, Posts: 1
Netherlands Churandy Martina, edged Jamaicas Asafa Powe
#1   2014/07/21 07:24AM
wff0605
LONDON -- A change in managers failed to give Chelsea an immediate lift as Rafa Benitezs side was held to a 0-0 draw Sunday by Manchester City to prolong a stuttering Premier League run. The game between two title contenders lacked in clear-cut goal chances and was more notable for the scenes that unfolded in the stands at Stamford Bridge, as Chelsea fans welcomed Roberto Di Matteos successor with boos. "If we start winning games, they will come on board and they will see Ill try to do my best," Benitez said. Chelsea has fallen to fourth after three draws and two losses in its last five league games, behind West Bromwich Albion. While Benitezs former side Liverpool also drew 0-0 on Sunday against Swansea, Tottenham rose to seventh by beating West Ham 3-1 and Southampton climbed out of the relegation zone with a 2-0 win over Newcastle. While the focus was on Benitez on Sunday, City did manage to maintain the unbeaten start to its title defence, although Roberto Mancinis side is a point and a place behind leader Manchester United. And while Mancini held on to his job despite City exiting the Champions League in midweek, Di Matteo paid the price for a loss at Juventus that still left Chelsea with a chance of advancing into the knockout phase to continue its title defence. Managerial changes, though, are the norm at Chelsea, with Roman Abramovich now having hired his ninth in his nine years as owner. Never before, though, has the Russian billionaire seen a manager endure the kind of abuse from fans witnessed on Sunday. "He knows it was a tough game," Benitez said after speaking to Abramovich. "He knows it was a difficult time because of the last games." Bentiezs first introduction to the crowd was greeted with boos, which persisted during the opening stages of the match, as fans held up "Rafa Out" banners. "My experience in England is that when the fans are singing I dont understand what they say," said Benitez, whose last job here ended at Liverpool in 2010. "I can understand the rivalry in the past (between Chelsea and Liverpool), but I am sure the majority of fans will understand I am a professional and I just want to do my job." And theres a sizeable job to do to get the Blues reproducing the form that saw them top the league early in the season. Fernando Torres, who was brought to Liverpool was Benitez, has lost his scoring touch since joining Chelsea for 50 million pounds (then $71 million) in January 2011. And the striker cut a peripheral figure on Sunday, with just one threatening moment squandered as he blasted the ball over in the second half. "You could see he was trying hard -- the team has to help Fernando create more chances to score goals," Benitez said. Ramires also struck over for Chelsea, while David Luiz sent a header off target. Citys most dangerous openings were in the first half, with David Silva heading over and Sergio Aguero nodding straight at goalkeeper Petr Cech. "We were so poor in the last 20 metres," Mancini said. "When we have a chance, we need to score. If you are soft, you wont score. Thats why I was upset." Tottenhams match against West Ham was overshadowed by more distasteful chants directed at Spurs. "I prefer not to mar the performance with a situation like this," Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas said. On the pitch, Tottenhams run of three consecutive league losses ended as Jermain Defoe scored once in each half either side of Gareth Bales goal. West Hams on-loan striker Andy Carroll scored a late consolation, his first goal in 11 league appearances since moving from Liverpool in August. On the south coast, Southampton kept a clean sheet for the first time in the league this season as goals from Adam Lallana and Gaston Ramirez lifted the team out of the drop zone, a point above Aston Villa. Newcastle is just three points ahead of Southampton. Cheap NHL Jerseys . Carrier scored his 10th goal of the season midway through the first period with assists from Alexandre Lavoie and Jonathan Oligny. That makes two straight wins for the Screaming Eagles (5-8-4). Elsewhere in the QMJHL, the Val-dOr Foreurs defeated the Sherbrooke Phoenix 4-1. Cheap Hockey Jerseys . After his 100-meter jump, Gruber pulled away from Wilhelm Denifl of Germany who won the jumping section, and cruised to his third career World Cup victory, covering the 10-kilometre distance in 27 minutes, 29. http://www.cheapjerseysfromchina.ca/[/... ., despite the recent firing of one of their coaches. Igor Shpilband, who had coached Virtue and Moir in Michigan alongside Marina Zoueva for the past eight years, announced earlier this week hed been fired. [url=http://www.cheapjerseysfromchina.ca/]Cheap Jerseys . Theyve now set the Open-era Grand Slam title record, but the pair doesnt plan to stop adding to that total anytime soon. The American twins won the U. Cheap Jerseys Canada . The Braves have won 22 straight games started by Kris Medlen, who will take the mound today. Medlens only loss this season came in relief. The right- hander, in his first full season following Tommy John surgery, threw seven innings in a no-decision against the Marlins on Tuesday.Wagging his finger as he crossed the finish line, Usain Bolt gave his best impression that he is the one to beat in the mens 100m final. It will be an historic one, as it will feature the four fastest men on the planet, going toe-to-toe for the gold medal at the London 2012 Olympic Games. The defending Olympic champion blew away the field in his opening heat, shutting it down after about 75m to win and advance to the gold medal final later tonight. Bolt finished in a time of 9.87s. American Ryan Bailey finished second in the heat to advance directly to the final as well, in a time of 9.91s. Yohan Blake was in top form as well, cruising to a win in his heat in a time of 9.85s, gliding late in the race with American Tyson Gay, who was second in a tiime of 9.dddddddddddd90s. American Justin Gatlin won the opening heat in a time of 9.82 seconds - the fastest time qualifying time in Olympic history, besting Bolts qualifying time from Beijing 2008 of 9.85s. - to advance to the final Netherlands Churandy Martina, edged Jamaicas Asafa Powell for second to claim his final berth, finishing in a time of 9.91. Powell, in a time of 9.94s, and Trinidad and Tobagos Richard Thompson earned the top times that did not finish in the top two of the heats, to also advance in the final. Canadian Justyn Warner finished fifth in his heat in a time of 10.09s, missing the final. Bolt, Powell, Gay and Blake hold the four fastest times in history. Gatlin has the eighth fastest time in history. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes