Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

who emerged from the play without injury. But Poll...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

who emerged from the play without injury. But Pollard believes Br

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/21 07:20AM
Latest post: 2014/07/21 07:20AM, Views: 263, Posts: 1
who emerged from the play without injury. But Pollard believes Br
#1   2014/07/21 07:20AM
wff0605
TORONTO -- Kim Clijsters has been hampered by injuries in 2011, but the Belgian tennis star sees the Rogers Cup as a chance to get back on track. The 28-year-old is set to return to competitive tennis at Rexall Centre next month after battling two separate injuries in the wake of her first Australian Open championship. And Clijsters says the Toronto tournament is a stepping stone in her preparations for the U.S. Open. "In my situation now, every tournament where I decide to go, I want to have a good tournament," Clijsters said on a conference call Monday. "(The Rogers Cup) is going to be an important test when I get out there." After beating Li Na 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 to win the Aussie Open in January, Clijsters hurt her right ankle in April while dancing barefoot at her cousins wedding. Ranked No. 2 in the world behind Caroline Wozniacki, Clijsters was fit to play at the French Open this spring but wasnt sharp, losing in the second round. The last time Clijsters was eliminated that early at a major was when she lost in the second round at Wimbledon in 2002. The two-time defending U.S. Open champion then hurt the same foot last month at the Unicef Open in the Netherlands and missed Wimbledon. "I twisted my foot not sideways, but forwards," Clijsters said, noting the injuries were not related. "So I stretched the front of my foot and I had a lot of bone bruising in the back of my heel and my leg that hit each other." With many of the top players in the womens game scheduled to be in Toronto, Clijsters is eager to see how her foot and ankle hold up. "Im obviously going to have to pay attention if I have intense matches," the three-time U.S. Open champ said. "But I hope in the next three weeks I can get to Toronto without even worrying about my foot too much." Clijsters defeated Justine Henin-Hardenne to win the Rogers Cup in 2005 in Toronto and says although the U.S. Open is on her mind, she approaches every tournament the same way. "Im going to Toronto because I want to do well in Toronto," Clijsters said. "Well take it one tournament at a time and well see how I react and how I feel and how my tennis is going." Clijsters watched 21-year-old Petra Kvitovas victory at Wimbledon while she was on the shelf and says womens tennis is at a generational crossroads that should make for a wide open Rogers Cup. "Were in an interesting time in tennis where you get the older generation that was dominating tennis for so long (against the younger players)," Clijsters said. "Its nice to have both generations playing for a lot of the big titles now." ray ban sunglasses discount . Murray beat Karlovic 7-5, 6-7 (5), 6-2, 7-6 (4) Thursday, with the Croat being foot-faulted on key points. "I dont know what to say, but it was a little bit outrageous," Karlovic said. "I mean, what is this? Is it Davis Cup or is it Wimbledon? After this match, the whole credibility of this tournament went down for me. Discount Ray Ban Sunglasses . Check out todays trade rumours and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca each day until Deadline Day for all the updates. Broadway Bound? Less than a full season after returning to Edmonton, theres the possibility that Ryan Smyth could be leaving again, this time to New York. http://www.discountray-bansunglas... . It was the largest shutout loss in Blue Jays history. There was more bad news for the Blue Jays. Catcher J.P. Arencibia fractured his right hand in the second inning after taking a Brandon Inge foul ball on the hand.OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Tom Bradys foot-up slide in the AFC championship game did not sit well with Baltimore Ravens strong safety Bernard Pollard. During the final minute of the first half, Brady slid to the ground to end of an impromptu run. The quarterbacks upraised leg hit onrushing Ravens free safety Ed Reed, who emerged from the play without injury. But Pollard believes Brady should be disciplined by the NFL, which levies fines on defensive players for helmet-to-helmet hits.dddddddddddd Pollard said Monday, "If you want to keep this going in the right direction, everyone should be penalized for their actions." He said Brady "knew what he was doing. It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it. If they dont, thats fine. If they do, then thats fine." [url=http://www.cheapjerseyschina.cc/]cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes