Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

Champions Run. South Africas Dawie van der Walt ha...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Champions Run. South Africas Dawie van der Walt had a 60 to fini

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/20 07:32AM
Latest post: 2014/07/20 07:32AM, Views: 210, Posts: 1
Champions Run. South Africas Dawie van der Walt had a 60 to fini
#1   2014/07/20 07:32AM
wff0605
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Kendrys Morales broke out of a slump in a big way. He homered from both sides of the plate during a nine-run sixth inning, capping the burst with a grand slam that sent the Los Angeles Angels romping past the Texas Rangers 15-8 Monday night. "Im very excited since its not an easy thing to do," said Morales, a Cuban native who spoke through an interpreter. "They were good pitches, perhaps mistakes they made. I felt comfortable, and I was able to connect." Morales became the third switch-hitter in major league history to homer as a lefty and righty in the same inning. Carlos Baerga did it for Cleveland in 1993 and Mark Bellhorn of the Chicago Cubs duplicated the feat in 2002. The Angels won the opener of the four-game series and closed within four games of AL West-leading Texas. Morales connected for a two-run shot in the sixth as a lefty off Texas starter Roy Oswalt that put the Angels ahead 5-3. Morales then hit a grand slam off Robbie Ross from the right side. Morales became the 25th player in AL history to hit two home runs in the same inning. "We need Kendrys and his last 100 at-bats he hasnt been driving the ball or swinging like he can, so its good to see," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. Mike Trout homered, drove in four runs and scored three times for the Angels. Maicer Izturis also homered and Albert Pujols doubled twice and singled. Josh Hamilton hit his 29th homer, doubled and singled for Texas. Nelson Cruz and Mike Napoli also homered for the Rangers. Ervin Santana (5-10) gave up three runs and four hits over five innings. Oswalt (3-2) was chased in the sixth, and allowed eight runs and 11 hits. The Angels ended a 24-inning scoreless drought when Izturis hit a solo homer in the second. Trout added a two-run shot in the third. "We struggled over the weekend for sure," Scioscia said. "Youre not going to have it clicking every night . but its good when it happens." It was 3-all when the Angels broke loose in the sixth. Pujols led off with a double, Morales homered and Los Angeles hit five straight singles with one out. After Trouts two-run single, Torii Hunter struck out and Pujols was intentionally walked to again load the bases. Morales followed with his 11th home run of the season for a 12-3 lead. The last big leaguer with six RBIs in an inning was Juan Uribe of the San Francisco Giants in 2010 at Wrigley Field against Chicago. The Rangers were in the midst of an 0-for-29 slump with runners in scoring position before converting on their first two opportunities of the game. "The offence woke up a little bit tonight," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "Up until the sixth inning it was a very competitive game." Texas scored twice in the second on the first of two sacrifice flies by Michael Young and David Murphys RBI double. NOTES: The slumping Hamilton got three hits from the No. 5 spot in the lineup. ... Ross, who had given only six earned runs in 50 innings this season, gave up four while getting two outs. ... Six of Izturis last 10 hits have gone for extra bases, including four doubles and two home runs. He had six extra-base hits -- all doubles -- in his first 55 games. ... Angels OF Mark Trumbo was not in the lineup because of back spasms, team officials said. He is day-to-day. ... Angels RHP Dan Haren is expected to miss his scheduled start Wednesday against the Rangers because of back stiffness. cheap jerseys . The team announced the news after Pelfrey, who is 0-0 with a 2.29 ERA in three starts this season, was examined by Dr. wholesale jerseys . The 25-year-old German made his F1 debut in 2010 with Williams and captured a pole position in his maiden year. As a Force India driver, Hulkenberg is 12th in the drivers championship. http://www.cheapjerseyschina.cc/ . As part of its partnership with NASCAR Canada, Pintys Delicious Foods is featured prominently as a sponsor across all NASCAR properties in Canada, including the NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES, NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES and NASCAR CANADIAN TIRE SERIES presented by Mobil 1. nfl jerseys china . LOUIS -- The St. cheap jerseys from china .C. -- Forbes annual ranking of Americas Most Influential Athlete has placed NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson at the top of the list for the second consecutive year.OMAHA, Neb. -- Ben Kohles won his second straight Web.com Tour title since turning professional, closing with an 8-under 62 on Sunday for a three-stroke victory in the Cox Classic. The 22-year-old former University of Virginia player won the Nationwide Childrens Hospital Invitational last week in a playoff in Columbus, Ohio, in his first professional start. He was the first player to win a Web.com title in his pro debut, and is the first to win in his first two tour starts. "I think I played the best round of my life today. That was a blast," Kohles said after hitting 17 of 18 greens in regulation. "Im pretty shocked myself. What are you supposed to do better than this?" Kohles also wrapped up a 2013 PGA Tour card from the Web.com money list, and moved within a victory of an immediate PGA Tour promotion. He earned $117,000 to move into second place on the money lisst with $261,000, more than enough to finish in the final top 25 and earn a PGA Tour card.dddddddddddd "I dont think that part has sunk in yet," said Kohles, who will try to make it 3 for 3 next week in the Price Cutter Charity Championship in Springfield, MO. "Its pretty life altering." Kohles finished at 24-under 260 at Champions Run. South Africas Dawie van der Walt had a 60 to finish second. He had a chance for the second 59 in tournament history, but missed an 8-footer for eagle on No. 17 and a 6-footer for birdie on 18. Jason Gore shot a 59 in the second round in his 2005 victory. "When I made birdie at 14, I thought I had a good chance at it coming in if I could make a few more," he said. "I think the most nervous I was was on the 18th hole when I had that putt to shoot 59. ... I just missed a few putts coming in." cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes