Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

"I had a lot of tough heats today and a lot of tou...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

"I had a lot of tough heats today and a lot of tough guys, especially th

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/19 06:18AM
Latest post: 2014/07/19 06:18AM, Views: 217, Posts: 1
"I had a lot of tough heats today and a lot of tough guys, especially ...
#1   2014/07/19 06:18AM
wff0605
MOSCOW -- Former No. 1 Ana Ivanovic and the 2011 U.S. Open champion Samantha Stosur advanced to the Kremlin Cup quarterfinals with straight-sets victories on Thursday, as top-seeded Alexandr Dolgopolov bowed out of the mens event. The 11th-ranked Ivanovic broke the 19-year-old Russian qualifier Valeria Solovieva three times in a 6-1, 6-4 victory, while Stosur struggled past Alize Cornet of France 7-6 (6), 7-5. "It was a good match for me," said Ivanovic, whose opponent was playing in only her second WTA match. "Its never easy to play someone you havent seen before as you dont know how they react in the different situations. But Im happy Ive managed to finish in good style." Ivanovic, whose best result this season was a semifinal appearance in Indian Wells in March, will be playing in her fifth quarterfinal. The 2008 French Open champion is looking for her 12th career title. Ivanovic will next face Serbian qualifier Vesna Dolonc, who advanced to her second career WTA quarterfinal by routing Romanias Simona Halep 6-1, 6-0. Top-seeded Stosur prevailed on a first-set tiebreaker and, 5-4 and 40-15 down on her serve in the second set, saved three set points before making the decisive break in the 11th game. The ninth-ranked Australian wrapped up the victory with a passing backhand crosscourt shot on her first match point. "We always play tough against each other," Stosur said. "But we didnt meet for a long time and we both seriously improved our tennis since our last meeting. "Today I had plenty of opportunities and chances to finish the points off. And It was important to believe I was doing the right things and to receive the win as a reward." In Fridays quarterfinals, Stosur will face Klara Zakopalova of the Czech Republic Seventh-seeded Maria Kirilenko, the only Russian left in the womens draw, rallied from 5-1 down in the first set to beat Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan 7-5, 6-4. In the second round of the mens tournament, French qualifier Edouard Roger-Vasselin produced the biggest surprise of the event so far, saving four match points to beat Dolgopolov of Ukraine 6-3, 7-5, 7-6 (6). "It was a very close and a tough match," Roger-Vasselin said. "I survived four match points but also missed several easy shots on my match point before winning the match." The 20th-ranked Dolgopolov landed 10 aces to his opponents eight and had two match points, leading 6-5 and 40-15 in the second set, and two more at 6-4 on the tiebreaker. The Frenchman clinched victory with a forehand down the line. "It was tough for me to get into the match but then I had many chances in almost every game in the third set," Dolgopolov said. "Yet I failed to make a break. It was so simple -- I missed my chances and he has capitalized on his only one." Roger-Vasselin will next play Croatian veteran Ivo Karlovic, who served 16 aces to beat Alex Bogomolov Jr, 7-6 (11), 6-4, the last Russian left in the mens draw. Jerzy Janowicz of Poland advanced to the quarterfinals by beating seventh-seeded Carlos Berlocq of Argentina 6-3, 6-4. wholesale nfl jerseys . His streak of 20-point games goes on. In their first meeting since a verbal clash led to Anthonys one-game suspension, New Yorks All-Star forward scored 28 points and the Knicks ended an 11-game losing streak in Boston with an 89-86 victory over the Celtics on Thursday night. wholesale jerseys . Bidding to become the fourth player to win both the British Open and the senior version, the 51-year-old American had two birdies on either side of the turn before parring the final five holes. http://www.cheapjerseyschina.cc/ . -- The Philadelphia Eagles have ruled out defensive tackle Mike Patterson for their entire training camp and possibly more because the incision where he had brain surgery in January hasnt fully healed. nfl jerseys china . 1 Ana Ivanovic will take on 2011 U. Cheap Jerseys China . -- David Lee knows Golden State is doing things few expected. TELLURIDE, Colo. -- Brady Leman won a silver medal Thursday at the Telluride Ski Resort, becoming the first Canadian to reach the World Cup ski cross podium this season. The 26-year-old Calgary skier finished just behind Filip Flisar of Slovenia. Armin Niederer of Switzerland won bronze in a three-way photo finish. "That final heat was as tough a heat as you can have these days in ski cross," Leman said on a conference call. "I just made a little mistake along the top flats while going for a pass and that was the difference. Luckily I had a good reach at the line to hold on to second. "It was a really good race, I had a lot of fun today. Im pretty happy with how it went. I felt like I probably could have won today but second is not so bad." Canadian head coach Eric Archer was impressed with Lemans performance. "Brady was on it all day," Archer said. "It was a great fight to get the photo for second." Dave Duncan of London, Ont., was ninth and Ian Deans of Kelowna, B.C., was 14th. Archer said Duncan was disqualified after officials ruled he missed a gate. He added that Deans suffered a knee injury and will be re-evaluated when he returns to Canada. Canadas Kelsey Serwa reached the womens final but settled for fourth place. Switzerlands Fanny Smith won gold, Ophelie David of France took silver and Swedens Anna Holmlund picked up the bronze. Serwa, from Kelowna, B.C., is rounding back into form after suffering a season--ending knee injury last January.dddddddddddd "Im not focused on results right now," Serwa said. "Im just focused on building confidence. Today was a big step for me -- just getting into the finals. I was stoked. "I tried to make a pass on the last turn ... at the bottom and just kind of got pinched out a bit." Marielle Thompson of Whistler, B.C., was eighth. Canada was shut out of the medals at the World Cup opener in Nakiska, Alta., last weekend. Leman, who was second in the overall World Cup rankings last season, said he really liked the layout of the course and felt it was a good challenge. "I felt like I was skiing well and I was skiing fast," Leman said. "Its where I want to be every race is in the final and fighting for gold and just making sure Im on that podium week after week, or trying to be anyway." Val Thorens, France will host the next stop on the ski cross World Cup circuit next week. "Today was good to build the confidence and take home some hardware," Leman said. "I had a lot of tough heats today and a lot of tough guys, especially the final. "So to know that I can kind of hang with anyone right now and I feel like I could be beating everyone, Ill take a lot of confidence from that." World mens champion Chris Del Bosco of Montreal did not compete. He is sidelined for a few weeks following shoulder surgery. He was injured while training at Nakiska last month. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes