Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

htly, its not a decision we took in a half-hour - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

htly, its not a decision we took in a half-hour

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/17 05:51AM
Latest post: 2014/07/17 05:51AM, Views: 223, Posts: 1
htly, its not a decision we took in a half-hour
#1   2014/07/17 05:51AM
wff0605
NEW YORK -- Andy Pettitte needed little time to decide that he wanted to return for another season with the New York Yankees. The arm felt strong. His family was on board for at least one more year and he felt there was a real chance of adding another World Series title to his collection. With nothing to hold him back, the lefty agreed to a one-year deal with the Yankees worth $12 million on Wednesday, putting baseballs biggest post-season winner back in pinstripes. "I think were good enough to go all the way, I really do," Pettitte said on a conference call. "Im at the point where, if I didnt feel like we had a chance to win it deep down, I wouldnt do this. I feel like weve got a certain group of guys that are still there and that know how to win and know how to get it done, and we can go do that." The five-time World Series champion turns 41 in June. He retired after the 2010 season to spend more time at home but then decided to come back this year -- while working as an instructor during spring training -- and signed a contract guaranteeing him $2.5 million. His new contract includes several award bonuses: $1 million for winning the Cy Young Award, $1 million for World Series MVP and $500,000 for league championship series MVP. Pettitte went 5-4 with a 2.87 ERA in 12 starts. He missed almost three months because of a broken lower left leg, sustained when he was hit by a line drive off the bat of Clevelands Casey Kotchman on June 27. "I definitely think that if I would have pitched a full season and thrown 200 innings, that I definitely wouldnt feel as fresh and physically feel as good as I do right now," Pettitte said. "Obviously, I feel like that helped lead me to a quick decision." Pettittes signing was the Yankees second move to solidify their rotation in about a week. New York gave Hiroki Kuroda a $15 million, one-year contract to return. The AL East champions are set to start 2013 with the same rotation as last season: CC Sabathia, Kuroda, Pettitte, Phil Hughes and Ivan Nova or David Phelps. Next up for general manager Brian Cashman could be a contract for 43-year-old closer Mariano Rivera, who is determined to come back after tearing a knee ligament in May while shagging flies during batting practice. A reliable No. 2 starter throughout his career, Pettitte is 245-142 with the Yankees and Houston in 17 major league seasons. He is the winningest pitcher in post-season history at 19-11. A member of the "Core Four" along with Derek Jeter, Rivera and Jorge Posada, Pettitte helped the Yankees win World Series titles in 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2009. The Yankees designated catcher Eli Whiteside for assignment to make room for Pettitte on the 40-man roster. The 33-year-old Whiteside was claimed off waivers from San Francisco on Nov. 5. Wholesale NFL Jerseys .168 million Western & Southern Open. The second-seeded former world No. 1 Serena Williams was ousted by fifth- seeded left-hander Angelique Kerber, 6-4, 6-4. Jerseys NFL China . 4 Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland swept past former champion Greta Arn 6-2, 6-2 on Tuesday to reach the second round of the ASB Classic. http://www.jerseysnflwholesale.us/ . After not meeting face to face since last Friday, the sides planned to get together at the league office in New York before the NHLPA holds player meetings later Wednesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys . The Canadians insist theyre not paranoid, but recent revelations that teammate Olivier Jeans skate was sabotaged by a competitor has opened the uncomfortable possibility of tampering in their world. Jerseys NFL Cheap . Thornhill, Ont.s, Milos Raonic and Laval, Que.s, Aleksandra Wozniak won their respective singles matches earlier in the day. The Canadian duo held off the Romanians in a lengthy second set, eventually sealing the game in a tiebreaker on the fourth match point.LONDON -- John Terry was given the biggest ever fine imposed by Chelsea but will remain the teams captain after being sanctioned by the Premier League club for racially abusing an opponent. Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said Saturday that taking the armband off the long-serving defender would not be an appropriate punishment following long discussions with the clubs hierarchy, including billionnaire Russian owner Roman Abramovich. "John will continue to be captain of the club, Buck told talkSPORT radio. "We have taken disciplinary action and we think it is firm disciplinary action and appropriate for the circumstances." Terry apologized Thursday for using inappropriate language during an on-field confrontation with Anton Ferdinand in a west London derby against Queens Park Rangers last October and decided not to challenge the suspension and record 220,000 pounds ($352,000) fine handed out by the Football Association for issuing a racial slur to his fellow centre back. But Terry has always insisted he was mereely repeating an accusation of racism that Ferdinand claimed Terry had made.dddddddddddd He was cleared in a criminal court of racially abusing Ferdinand, although the FA decided to begin its own proceedings. "We have kept in mind first of all that a court of criminal law found him not guilty," said Buck, who was with Terry throughout the trial in July. "Of course we also note the FA decision and we certainly respect that decision. "This is not a decision weve taken lightly, its not a decision we took in a half-hour meeting. We discussed it over a long period of time." Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay said Terry fell "below the high standards we expect at the club." "We are not sweeping this under the carpet," Gourlay added on talkSPORT. "We have had to deal with this for the last 12 months. John let himself down, he let the club down, the words were inappropriate that he used." Buck said Terry wouldnt be given an additional suspension by Chelsea. cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes