Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

roster juggling have prevented the two from workin...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

roster juggling have prevented the two from working together. "It w

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/17 05:48AM
Latest post: 2014/07/17 05:48AM, Views: 224, Posts: 1
roster juggling have prevented the two from working together. "It w
#1   2014/07/17 05:48AM
wff0605
SAN ANTONIO -- David Frost won the AT&T Championship on Sunday, beating Bernhard Langer with a birdie on the second hole of a playoff after overcoming a six-stroke deficit in the final round. Frost and Langer each shot 6-under 66 to finish at 8-under 208 on TPC San Antonios Canyons Course. "I wasnt planning on this," Frost said. "Only when I hit it close on 13 (to set up birdie) did I think that it was just Bernhard and I (with a chance to win)." Second-round leader Mark Calcavecchia had a 74 to finish two strokes back. He bogeyed four of the first 11 holes. "I putted bad on the front," Calcavecchia said. "I didnt hit it very good. I knew it yesterday, when I hit those bad drives on two holes (late in the round). I didnt feel comfortable." The 53-year-old Frost also teamed with Michael Allen to win the Legends of Golf in April and has three career Champions Tour victories. The South African won 10 times on the PGA Tour. He made a 30-foot putt to save par on the 14th hole. "He had some unbelievable up-and-downs today," Langer said. "The par he made on 14 was unbelievable. He had three or four other ones. The putter was hot. He hit a few loose shots but always got away with it." On the first extra hole, Langer lipped out a 10-foot birdie putt. That gave Frost the opportunity, and he cashed in with a 10-foot putt to seal the biggest comeback in the 26-year history of the event. Langer, the German star who has two victories this year, left his approach in regulation on No. 18 short in a deep bunker. His blast went about 6 feet past, and made the putt to save par. Frost missed a birdie putt of about 25 feet and tapped in for par to set up the playoff. Tommy Armour III shot a 67 to finish fourth at 5 under. The tournament was the final full-field end of the year. The top 30 on the money list qualified for the Charles Schwab Cup Championship at Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, Ariz. The top 30 remained unchanged, but it did get interesting. Tom Kite entered the week 31st, $32,506 behind Mark McNulty for 30th. With a 13th-place finish this week Kite cut that margin to $3,831 but remained behind McNulty and will miss the season-ending event for the second straight year. Langer came to San Antonio with the lead in the Charles Schwab Cup standings and added another 100 points to his cushion. He leads Tom Lehman by 211 points. Three players -- Langer, Lehman and Roger Chapman -- can top the standings in Scottsdale. Lehman won the $1 million annuity last year. "It all depends on the scenario next week," Langer said, "and there are lots of scenarios. I havent done the math." cheap nfl jerseys . -- David Peoples got into the 3M Championship on Tuesday when Russ Cochran withdrew because of a back injury. wholesale nfl jerseys .J. -- Martin Brodeur is going to remain the face of the New Jersey Devils. http://www.cheapauthenticjerseys... . The news comes just a week after the NHL announced the cancellation of Septembers preseason games. The rest of the exhibition schedule ran from October 1 through October 8. [url=http://www.cheapauthenticjerseyschina.net/]Cheap Authentic Jerseys . Davis was fined for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Alex Brink during their game August 3. Davis had a hearing with CFL commissioner Mark Cohon on Monday afternoon. nfl jerseys china . Laperriere sat out the past two seasons because of post-concussion syndrome resulting from getting hit in the right eye with a puck during the 2010 playoffs.VANCOUVER -- As bad as things have gone for the Vancouver Whitecaps during their inaugural Major League Soccer season, captain Jay DeMerit has never lost his belief in the club. An eternal optimist, DeMerit isnt totally surprised by the Whitecaps struggles. The U.S. international knew what he was getting himself into when Vancouver signed him as their first MLS player last November. "I knew the challenge that has been in front of me and this club," DeMerit said after the Whitecaps practised Friday. "I dont think anyone was under the illusion ... that things were going to be rosy and easy. "Sometimes I seem to enjoy the struggle and what comes along with it because, once we come out the back end of this ... then everyone will be better for it." DeMerit believes the Whitecaps have all the right parts to be a good team. They just havent been put together yet. "Ive played with a lot of different players before and I am confident enough to say this squad has a lot of very good players," said the 31-year-old central defender. "We just havent found the right formula. Whether its guys being fit, whether its the right guys on the field. We just have to try and make that individual talent work as a team on the field." The Whitecaps will be looking for their fourth win of the season Saturday when they play the Houston Dynamo at Empire Field. Houston is third in the Eastern Conference with a 8-7-11 record, but Vancouver can find some inspiration that the Dynamo have no road victories in 2011. "You have to try and get as many advantages as you can going into any game (and) that is certainly one of them," said DeMerit. "We know first-hand what its like to play on the road and not get your results. That comes along with getting out of the gate early and making sure we put them under pressure and possibly score ourselves." At 3-13-9 the Whitecaps have the worst record in MLS. Alll their wins have come at home and Vancouver tied a league record by going 14 games without a victory.dddddddddddd With nine games left on the schedule, Vancouver wants to avoid setting a MLS record for fewest wins in a season. The current low is four, set by Tampa in 2001 and matched by Chivas USA in 2005. The Whitecaps also have three road games remaining to avoid becoming the fourth team in league history not to win an away match. "Those are things we talk about," said DeMerit. "You dont want to set a precedent in a negative way. You want to try to avoid that as much as possible. "Just knowing if we get a couple of wins here, you can start to salvage a season." While the team has limped along this year, DeMerit has battled his own injuries. A groin-hip problem has resulted in him playing just 12 matches. Vancouvers 2-1 loss in Portland last weekend was DeMerits first full 90 minutes in two months. "To play about half the games has been frustrating," he said. "You sign up to be out there and to help lead and to be one of the role characters on this team. "When you cant do that, and you have to watch from the sidelines, that makes it even more frustrating." Saturdays match may also be the first time this season DeMerit and fellow defender Alain Rochat are teamed together. Injuries and roster juggling have prevented the two from working together. "It will be great to try and form a partnership with him and hold down the middle maybe a little bit stronger than we have," said DeMerit. The Whitecaps continue to draw large crowds despite losing on the pitch. Theres a fun atmosphere at games and a growing excitement over the teams pending move to the renovated B.C. Place Stadium in October. "Im here for the long haul," said DeMerit. "Hopefully with the right attitude and the right people around we can keep moving this train forward." cheap jerseys from china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes