Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Country Music Forums @ CountryMusicPerformers.com

He was five shots behind with three holes to play ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

He was five shots behind with three holes to play in the PGA Cha

Started by wff0605, 2014/07/15 10:14AM
Latest post: 2014/07/15 10:14AM, Views: 306, Posts: 1
He was five shots behind with three holes to play in the PGA Cha
#1   2014/07/15 10:14AM
wff0605
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- The Detroit Red Wings gave defenceman Brad Stuart and the San Jose Sharks a head start on completing a reunion for next season. Detroit sent the potential unrestricted free agent back to his original team in San Jose on Sunday in exchange for forward Andrew Murray and a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2014. Stuart had made clear that he wanted to be closer to his family, which still lives in San Jose, and now he gets three weeks to negotiate with the Sharks before possibly becoming a free agent July 1. "Thats the goal of making the trade," Stuart said. "Well work on it for the next three weeks and try to work it out. We have some time to figure that out. For the Red Wings to give me time to figure that out shows what a class organization they are. I owe them a lot." San Jose general manager Doug Wilson said he is hopeful the two sides can agree on a deal before the end of the month, which would give San Jose another top-four defenceman to upgrade a leaky penalty kill unit. Stuart played more short-handed minutes than any other Red Wings defender this past season. San Jose had the second-worst penalty-kill unit this season, a major factor in their first-round exit from the playoffs against St. Louis. "Brad is a player we are very familiar with -- a physical, team-first defenceman who is tough to play against, which is exactly the kind of mentality we want our team to possess," Wilson said. Stuart said his priorities were finding a team that would be a title contender and one that was closer to his family. The Sharks fit in both categories, posting the second best record in the NHL since the lockout. "Its nice to know theyre excited to have a chance to get me back," Stuart said. "I feel the same way. Hopefully we can work it out." Stuart was drafted third overall by San Jose in 1998 before being traded to Boston on Nov. 30, 2005, along with Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau for current Sharks captain Joe Thornton. Stuart, 32, had six goals and 15 assists in 81 games last season. He had a plus-16 rating and led the Red Wings in hits with 177 and was second in blocked shots with 115. He has played in 876 career games in 13 seasons with San Jose, Boston, Calgary, Los Angeles and Detroit, recording 74 goals, 231 assists and 489 penalty minutes. Hes also added nine goals and 28 assists in 124 career playoff games. "I take pride in being a good physical player who is hard to play against and works hard every night," Stuart said. "I want to be a guy the coaching staff and others can count on to give his all every night." J... Altidore Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos have waived safety Duke Ihenacho, opening a roster spot that could be filled by linebacker D. G... Cameron World Cup Jersey .C. -- Its been an unforgettable weekend for Jordan Staal. . -- The New England Patriots dont know yet who theyll face in their playoff opener. [url=http://www.ussoccerteamshopjersey.com/landon-donovan-world-cup-jersey.html]... Donovan Soccer Jersey . Butler scored a career-high 19 points and Nate Robinson added 15 as the Chicago Bulls beat the Charlotte Bobcats 93-85 on Monday night. SOUTHAMPTON, Bermuda -- Padraig Harrington, a playoff loser the two times he qualified for the PGA Grand Slam of Golf, gave himself a chance Tuesday to win as an alternate. Harrington, who skipped the BMW Masters in Shanghai to play in Bermuda, made seven birdies for a 5-under 66 at Port Royal to take a two-shot lead over Masters champion Bubba Watson going into the final round of the 36-hole exhibition for the years four major champions. U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson had a 69. Keegan Bradley, who replaced PGA champion Rory McIlroy, rounded out the four-man field with a 72. Harrington was asked three days ago to fill in for British Open champion Ernie Els, who has a minor ankle injury. Despite a careless three-putt for bogey on No. 3, the Irishman regained some momentum with a birdie on the next hole and kept it going. "It was nice to get off to a good start," Harrington said. "I had a 15-footer at the third and kind of lost my focus a bit on the line and drove it through the line and then hit a bad putt coming back, a terrible bogey. It wasnt feeling great. You need to be making the birdies at that stage." Harrington, who lost in playoffs to Angel Cabrera in 2007 and to Jim p;Furyk in 2008, took the lead with a birdie on No.dddddddddddd10 when Watson made double bogey. Harrington made birdies on the 14th and 15th, and then bounced back from a bogey on the 16th with his last birdie of the round at No. 17. Watson held himself back with three-putts, but the Masters champion produced the shot of the day on the par-4 15th. From deep rough on the edge of a cliff, he hit 8-iron to 6 feet to reach 3 under on the round. "Its only a good shot if you make the putt," Watson said. Bradley wasnt bothered by being the only player over par, even being six shots behind. He was five shots behind with three holes to play in the PGA Championship last year in Atlanta and wound up winning a playoff over Jason Dufner. "Ive been six shots back before with less time, so I look forward to going out tomorrow and just making a million birdies and having a good time," Bradley said. "I played very well. I could have really let it slip away and fought back and had a bunch of lip-outs, too, and the round could have been better than it was." The winner gets $600,000 from the $1.35 million purse. Harrington is trying to become the first European winner since Ian Woosnam of Wales in 1991. ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes